Sign in to follow this  
Noell

FSW C414 Engines Not Starting

I've flown this aircraft a lot but now I cannot get the engines to start.

Yesterday was the first time I tried flying the 414 since the SU14 update.

Could it have broken something?

Anyone else have the problem?

Lloyd Noel (Ontario, Canada)

Intel i9 10900KF@5.2GHz / NZXT Kraken X73 AIO / MSI MPG Z590 Gaming+ / 32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance LPX / Gigabyte RTX3080Ti Gaming OC / Corsair RM1000e 1KW PS / 1TB WD Black M.2 (Win 11 Pro) / 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 .(MSFS2020) / 512GB Sabrent Rocket M.2 (XP12) / 1TB TimeTec SATA (Misc. & FS Support)

3 hours ago, Noell said:

I've flown this aircraft a lot but now I cannot get the engines to start.

Yesterday was the first time I tried flying the 414 since the SU14 update.

Could it have broken something?

Anyone else have the problem?

Flown it since SU14 without an issue - I did update it though, because I hadn't flown for a while, not sure if there was a specific SU14 update..

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

I to have flown the 414 since it was first released.  I always start cold and dark and use a checklist. 

About a month ago I ran into the situation that the left engine would not start.  The right engine starts as expected.   This continues for several weeks until I decided not to try any longer.

CTRL+E will start both engines.  Once the left engine starts - it runs normally.

I've given up flying then 414 for a while because of this problem. 

The plane is fully up to date.

i7-9700K @4.9 GHz  / Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Mobo / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU / AORUS FO48U 4k display
 SSD for Drive C and another SSD dedicate to Flight Sim / 1 GB Comcast Xfinity Internet connection / HP Reverb G2 / Tobii 5 Head & Eye Tracking

read about me and my sailing adventures at www.svmirador.net/WebsiteOne/ or at Flickr TacomaSailor

I was on the Xbox and just completed a flight in my Hondajet when I remembered this question I saw last night, and I have not flown my C414 in a while. Anyway I loaded up a cold and dark C414 and it started up just fine just as normal. 

Love Airplanes and American Muscle Cars

34 minutes ago, Gazzareth said:

Flown it since SU14 without an issue - I did update it though, because I hadn't flown for a while, not sure if there was a specific SU14 update..

G

Seeing you mentioned there was an update, I bit the bullet and uninstalled and then reinstalled using the Simmarket app. 

Either the latest file on Simmarket included the update or I perhaps my install had somehow become corrupted.

No way of knowing. Bottom line, all is now OK.

Thanks for the help, guys.

• Like 2

Intel i9 10900KF@5.2GHz / NZXT Kraken X73 AIO / MSI MPG Z590 Gaming+ / 32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance LPX / Gigabyte RTX3080Ti Gaming OC / Corsair RM1000e 1KW PS / 1TB WD Black M.2 (Win 11 Pro) / 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 .(MSFS2020) / 512GB Sabrent Rocket M.2 (XP12) / 1TB TimeTec SATA (Misc. & FS Support)

9 hours ago, Noell said:

Either the latest file on Simmarket included the update or I perhaps my install had somehow become corrupted.

Just for the record, there has not been a C414 update since SU14.

Al

9 hours ago, ark said:

Just for the record, there has not been a C414 update since SU14.

Al

Thanks. Good to know.

Now I know why a reinstall fixed the problem.