Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

Anyone using FSUIPC ?

I have been using it for years with P3D and MSFS to map most of my peripherals but also have Lorby's AAO for an x-Touch mini and stream Deck XL. The xl a recent purchase so still learning to program with it. Both FSUIPC 7 and AAO have been great assets for me.

• Like 1

I have it but mostly moved over to the default MSFS system as things did not seem to work great with FSUIPC mappings in MSFS.  Only really use it for the WideFS program that connects to my VA Acars system on another computer.

• Like 1

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Been using FSUIPC forever and would not be without it for all the reasons already mentioned.

I also use Spad.next and Axis and Ohs as I prefer Spad for my Saitek panels and AAO for my Streamdeck units.

• Like 1

Lloyd Noel (Ontario, Canada)

Intel i9 10900KF@5.2GHz / NZXT Kraken X73 AIO / MSI MPG Z590 Gaming+ / 32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance LPX / Gigabyte RTX4080 Super Gaming OC / Corsair RM1000e 1KW PS / 1TB WD Black M.2 (Win 11 Pro) / 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 .(MSFS2020) / 512GB Sabrent Rocket M.2 (XP12) / 1TB TimeTec SATA (Misc. & FS Support)

I use FSUIPC to control my yoke and rudder pedals.. it gives me calibration options that I can understand.  Also used lua to program the H key to center the heading bug..  Very handy.

• Like 1

Bert

FSUIPC to communicate with ACARS. Axis and Ohs and Spad next for axis and button controls. In FS, used fsuipc for everything but seems the prior mentioned are more modern.

• Like 1

I use it for Pilot2ATC, and when flying for my VA, ACARS and for saving my flight every 15min.  But my MSFS has been very stable during fights, that I think I may have only needed to use a saved flight two or three times since MSFS been released. 

Did not find it that great for setting up flight controls and got used to using the profiles in MSFS. It was essential for P3d. I may look into it again or Spad,  when MSFS 2024 comes out, as I do like the auto function when switching aircraft.

• Like 1

Rick Verhallen

i9-13900KF OC to 5.8 Ghz | 64 GIG- G.Skill 7200 RAM | Asus ROG Maximus z790 Hero Motherboard | Gigabyte  RTX 4090 OC |  47" Samsung 4K Monitor I HP Reverb G2 HMD I Varjo Aero HMD I  Windows 11

On 1/4/2024 at 3:37 AM, guenseli said:

There are meanwhile more alternatives, I use AxisAndOHs AAO as the developer is faster and more innovative meanwhile.

other alternatives also exist, like SPAD.Next, MobiFlight

i avoid using addons which rely only on FSUIPC ... there are not much luckily

depends what you want to achieve.
If you want to use a StreamDeck, you will find the most profiles for AAO and its SD plugin

Not sure your position makes sense, using addons that rely on FSUIPC isn't a problem for folks.

I had not used it in a long time, but I got A Pilots Life and it needs it to work.

I have never had issues with it.

Ron

Ron

MSFS -Just flight Piper arrow 28-  A2A Comanche250 - COWS DA42 - Cessna 310 -Cessna 414
Black Square Baron - FSR500 - SimWorks PC12 - Black Square TBM 850
146Pro Plane - PMDG 737-600

4 hours ago, Tierborn said:

Not sure your position makes sense, using addons that rely on FSUIPC isn't a problem for folks

Makes sense for me, what others do is their choice. 

Addon developers can use simconnect, no need for FSUIPC. Just want to keep my installation as clean as possible. 

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Ron Lefebvre said:

I had not used it in a long time, but I got A Pilots Life and it needs it to work.

I have never had issues with it.

Ron

Same here, it's the only reason I have it and I wouldn't use it otherwise. Lately it's been double launching with the sim and causes a massive pause when loading. It also has issues with autosave when flying the PMDG which causes huge freezes of up to 15 seconds some times and there seems to be no way around it because it's the free version.

Edited by El Diablito

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

One thing that kind of bothers me about FSUIPC is the user interface.  I would really like to see a graphical update something like Axes and Ohs that brings the product to 2024.  The current works but seems kind of lazy given that many of us have had to purchase multiples times at this point.

• Like 2

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

If you want control over your yokes, throttles, rudders etc., FSUIPC is a better option than MSFS's native settings. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I find FSUIPC7 very useful. As has been mentioned, the Lua scripting capability is very powerful. Through Lua scripts (programs) I can create displays of aircraft data that are convenient to view while flying, and do things like enter aircraft radio frequencies, headings, courses, altitudes, etc just by typing the digits on the keyboard numberpad. I find that much more convenient than using the mouse for those types of things. FSUIPC7 also allows me to manipulate Lvars and Hvars used by the developer, lets me directly assign buttons or keys to the developers custom input events, and lets me execute XML code used by the developer. I also use FSUIPC7 to tailor controller axes inputs. And of course, all of this can be made profile specific to each of my aircraft, and can be activated by either a controller axis or button, or a keyboard key.  And lately, I have been using Stream Deck profiles based on FSUIPC7 that let me make use of all the above (e.g., execute a Lua script with a Stream Deck + encoder).

From what I read here and elsewhere, other apps like Spad.Next and Axis & Ohs, are also excellent applications. There are likely some things FSIPC7 is better suited for, and I'm sure the converse is also true. It often just comes down to personal preference, or the magnitude of the past development investment (scripts, etc ) that one has based on a particular application, or particular features of the application that best fit the users needs or development "style". 

It's like ice cream, it's all good, but some prefer vanilla, some chocolate, and I'm told, some even prefer pistachio!  😉

Al

Edited by ark