Sign in to follow this  
duesenwerni

Cockspur Phenom 100 has been released

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, b1bmsgt said:

Matbe you can tell me why I'm only getting around 90% at full throttle. TOGA button doesn't seem to work...

Takeoff power in the Phenom is at an unusually low N1 compared to other jets. At sea level on a standard day, takeoff power is approximately 88.5% N1 according to the AFM. The FADEC calculates and manages the maximum rated power based on temperature and pressure. 

The TOGA button is not clickable in the release version, but the functionality should still work if you use a keybind for TOGA.

Edited by Marc Collins
Forgot to address TOGA

On 1/5/2024 at 6:40 PM, Gazzareth said:

Based on their Mustang I'll skip this one, although I should say I'm not the biggest fan of the G1000 either.

G3000/G5000 or PL21 based aircraft work far better in the sim IMHO...

G

Yeah I can’t stand the G1000. 

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Marc Collins said:

We modeled the original Phenom 100 that began deliveries in 2008 -- before the E and EV upgrades. 

Will you all model the larger version (300 series) in the future?

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Raul (FSReborn) is developing the Phenom 300.

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Twenty6 said:

So you're comparing one vendor's price with tax/VAT against one vendor's price without tax?

I'm comparing the price I have to pay at two different store to buy the same item. One adds 20%, the other doesn't.

I'm sure you can guess which one I'd prefer to buy from.

Edited by Matchstick

I have purchased this aircraft. Initial walk-around impressions: outside is modeled nicely. Same for the cockpit. Cabin, though, I see mostly low-rez textures, nothing is clickable, except for the main door and the lavatory door - so if you want to evacuate your bowels in style, you can do so!

RnFRk4x.png

"This aircraft is designed to be flown from a cold and dark state. DO NOT USE RUNWAY OR ANY AIR START, ONLY START YOUR FLIGHT FROM THE RAMP!

If you use any start other than from a cold and dark state, we can not guarantee full function for your flight."

??

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

Ready for take off starts are (IMO) a rather fundamental option for all aircraft addons.

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

10 hours ago, Marc Collins said:

but the functionality should still work if you use a keybind for TOGA.

Thanks for the tip! Didn't think of that.

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

8 hours ago, Dillon said:

Will you all model the larger version (300 series) in the future?

I'm not aware of any plans to do that at this time. FSReborn is currently working on the 300, and I'm confident that Raul will do an incredible job with it. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Various buttons, for example, nav and strobe, have no "click sound". Others do. ELT- switch is modeled backwards. Night lighting is decent. 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Matt Sdeel said:

I believe this is the illegal port of the carenado P100 from FSX, and still being hosted by an illegal site.

These ridiculous illegal copies and ports all it does it damage to the ecosystem and the hobby, it never worked correctly and it made Carenado cancel their plans to bring theirs since they would lose money and to top it up users keep downloading this illegal port and when it doesn't work are going now asking support to Seb on his discord server and email since they are confused with his own version.

Number one, having the guts to ask for support for a product people has not purchased in the first place is bad enough, Number 2 having the lack of intelligence to confuse an illegal port with a cockspur product is beyond my comprehension.. and Number 3 I hope the person that did the illegal port realises all the damage it had caused.

You guys keep asking on forums for developers to keep developing better and more airplanes, illegal activities have an incredibly detrimental effects on your wishes even becoming reality, so if you guys really want dreams becoming a reality, the best way forward is by supporting developers instead of using such illegal sites.

My congratulations to Mike and Seb for the release of P100, glad to see you guys went thru the release despite all the difficulties in the market for this particular model given the circumstances. Real heroes 🙌, any other developers would have just cancelled it and cut their loses, leaving the space with no a good alternative for this beautiful jet.

All my best,

Raul

Edited by simbol
  • Like 11
  • Upvote 4

After playing around a bit in the cockpit, I have to say, the Carenado version released almost 10 years ago looks pretty much just as good as this new version......

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, simbol said:

it made Carenado cancel their plans to bring theirs since they would lose money and to top it up users keep downloading this illegal port

I don't agree, it would be a "day 1 purchase for me" as they say. Carenado users would enjoy their superior modelling/texturing again, no matter what. Or would MS/Asobo seriously consider for even one second to stop their MSFS2024 development just because there is also xplane12/P3D? I want the Carenado Phenom and Beech jet, asap! stop with those Cessnas and historical iconic vintage stuff already.  

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 3

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.