Sign in to follow this  
duesenwerni

Cockspur Phenom 100 has been released

1 hour ago, Twenty6 said:

IIRC, the Carenado Phenom 100 and 300 in P3D didn't have Vspeeds either. Did the manuals have V1, VR, V2 speeds computed depending on takeoff weight and airport altitude? Anyone still have P3D running that can check?

The Vspeeds are definitely supposed to work in our version. I found a mistake in my code that was preventing them from showing up on the speed tape. This will be fixed in our first patch. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marc Collins said:

The Vspeeds are definitely supposed to work in our version. I found a mistake in my code that was preventing them from showing up on the speed tape. This will be fixed in our first patch. 

What's the status of the Hawker?

Should we stay tuned or forget about it?

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

5 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

No Vspeeds on the speedtape......

Mine were there. I set them up and they doth appear.

45 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

What's the status of the Hawker?

Should we stay tuned or forget about it?

There was a public announcement on our Discord and Facebook that the Hawker is on hold until more info about MSFS 2024 becomes available. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Marc Collins said:

There was a public announcement on our Discord and Facebook that the Hawker is on hold until more info about MSFS 2024 becomes available. 

Thank you for letting us know, I myself (like some others) not a fan of discord.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

For important visual improvements, increasing immersion, the freeware community comes through again:

These mods remove the Cockspur logo on the outside and on the MFD boot-up screen.

https://de.flightsim.to/file/67007/cockspur-phenom-100-mfd-splashscreen

https://flightsim.to/file/67144/cockspur-phenom-100-embraer-replacement-logos

Edited by Ricardo41
  • Like 1

Quick question before I consider a purchase. Is it possible to start flight from the runway and operate successfully without issue even though the product page warns against this? This is a deal breaker for me for when I'm short on tie and want to dive into a quick flight.

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

4 hours ago, Donka said:

Quick question before I consider a purchase. Is it possible to start flight from the runway and operate successfully without issue even though the product page warns against this? This is a deal breaker for me for when I'm short on tie and want to dive into a quick flight.

In only one try most of the knobs and switches were in the off position or not properly set. One engine was running even tho the fuel pumps and ignition were off. Took all of 2 minutes to quickly run thru the checklists and get airborne. No reason to wait for temperatures and all that to settle down if all you have time for is a quick trip. I did not try loading a flightplan so don't know what challenges that would present.

One of the devs is keeping an eye on this thread so maybe he'll consider adding this most basic of panel states.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

1 minute ago, Twenty6 said:

In only one try most of the knobs and switches were in the off position or not properly set. One engine was running even tho the fuel pumps and ignition were off. Took all of 2 minutes to quickly run thru the checklists and get airborne. No reason to wait for temperatures and all that to settle down if all you have time for is a quick trip. I did not try loading a flightplan so don't know what challenges that would present.

One of the devs is keeping an eye on this thread so maybe he'll consider adding this most basic of panel states.

Thanks for the feedback. There are plenty of aircraft in the sim that I can start up quickly but if tight for time, the choice between one I can start on the runway vs one that I need do any kind of start up procedure is pretty easy. Hopefully this gets addressed, I've not known another aircraft where starting up on the runway is not implemented in the sim.

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

41 minutes ago, Donka said:

I've not known another aircraft where starting up on the runway is not implemented

BRSimdesigns' EMB121 Xingu seems to need starting on a ramp/parking space. It has a "ready to take off" button on its tablet, but it doesn't work parked on the runway. So you can get a quick start but still have to taxi. Annoying, but it's a nice model so I can just about live with it.

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

Posted (edited)
On 1/8/2024 at 3:53 PM, Lonesome Cowboy Burt said:

Stopped watching this toobers stuff after a few vids, very confident delivery but often simply incorrect

Perfect summing up of the J.Beckett channel.  He sounds like a real pilot.  But it ends there.   I've corrected him a dozen times on really fundamental misunderstandings he's made.  He never acknowledges any feedback, even when others are reiterating his misunderstandings. Just gets shirty and defensive.

I'm sure Q8 will be next up to 'review' this plane.   Again, nice guy but really poor all round knowledge of realistic aviation and piloting.

We're scraping the barrel here for YT FS content.  I'm still waiting for someone knowledgeable to make a good operationally realistic video of this bird.  I mean, style and persona-wise, I'm not keen on the "A330 Driver" guy as I find him a bit arrogant, but at least he has basic aircraft operation knowledge for most jet types. 

Edited by JYW
  • Like 2

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, JYW said:

Just gets shirty and defensive.

and has never flown a real airplane. which is ok, but not for "reviewing" an aircraft addon. being first on youtube is enough. fortunately there are plenty of real Phenom cockpit videos on youtube, I have never come across any of their pilots here though. 🤣

it's like reviewing an electrical guitar without ever having played a single chord. or a car but not holding a drivers license. who would listen to such "reviews" ?

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

1 hour ago, JYW said:

We're scraping the barrel here for YT FS content.  I'm still waiting for someone knowledgeable to make a good operationally realistic video of this bird.

I'm uploading my review right now, an hour flight from TJSJ to TNCM. Fantastic airplane, great for people wanting to transition and try their hand at jets. Hand-flies beautifully, reacts nicely to pitch and power inputs, stable, forgiving. Easy to get up and running as it was designed from the ground up to be single pilot. I really enjoyed it. Will post my video here when it's ready. (Also, I'm an FAA instrument rated private pilot, I'm not the best pilot on earth but I'm not the worst either 🙂)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JYW said:

Perfect summing up of the J.Beckett channel.  He sounds like a real pilot.  But it ends there.   I've corrected him a dozen times on really fundamental misunderstandings he's made.  He never acknowledges any feedback, even when others are reiterating his misunderstandings. Just gets shirty and defensive.

I'm sure Q8 will be next up to 'review' this plane.   Again, nice guy but really poor all round knowledge of realistic aviation and piloting.

We're scraping the barrel here for YT FS content.  I'm still waiting for someone knowledgeable to make a good operationally realistic video of this bird.  I mean, style and persona-wise, I'm not keen on the "A330 Driver" guy as I find him a bit arrogant, but at least he has basic aircraft operation knowledge for most jet types. 

I'm with you on this.  I only really watch "Into The Blue" these days.  He's experienced and love the format of his videos.  Always insightful and he learns the aircraft before posting.

Jase

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Jaseman. Lovin it up here........

Catch us over at MassieSim32 -> https://discord.gg/B4buuHGhcr