Sign in to follow this  
duesenwerni

Cockspur Phenom 100 has been released

4 hours ago, turbomax said:

which comes with its very own annoying SIMMARKET App. "The New SIMMARKET App. Explore an endless world!"

The Simmarket app? It’s an endless world of frustration as far as I can see.

I won’t buy anything from there anymore because of that thing.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, JYW said:

As for that video.  Really poor.  A VFR fly around from Orcas to Friday Harbour, with no setting up of the G1000, no FD or AP modes used. It's just not how to demo this type of aircraft - even for a first look.  Just rotating when she reached the end of the runway, instead of showing us how the plane performs at realistic speeds.   Overspeeding at 255kts at just a couple of thousand feet AGL..... etc, etc.  I think this channel is ok for the most basic piston singles and vintage aircraft, but anything beyond that I think the reviewer is far out of her depth.   Check out the complex airliner videos like the PMDG on that channel!

To be fair quite a few of the streamers are like that, why bother to learn the aircraft when people will watch you anyway. Most I've seen also give a thumbs up to stuff that is sub-par..

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, JYW said:

Overspeeding at 255kts at just a couple of thousand feet AGL..... etc, etc. 

... but ... but its the "AvAngel"

"Most I've seen also give a thumbs up to stuff that is sub-par.."

by gamers, for gamers.

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 3

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Gazzareth said:

To be fair quite a few of the streamers are like that, why bother to learn the aircraft when people will watch you anyway. Most I've seen also give a thumbs up to stuff that is sub-par..

G

1 hour ago, turbomax said:

... but ... but its the "AvAngel"

"Most I've seen also give a thumbs up to stuff that is sub-par.."

by gamers, for gamers.

Folks really love the voice commentary and thumbnail editing as well. While the thumbnail editing seems silly and miniscule it's actually a very big deal when it comes to click impressions.

They certainly make a huge difference in Youtube numbers.

As far as subscriber base that channel speaks to its core loyal members and it works. It doesn't need to be study level or even close.

https://www.youtube.com/@Swiss001

Another channel that just has a great supportive subscriber base, people are entertained and the content creator's antics comes across as simply human and relatable to them.

Swiss and AirForceProud95 are two of the biggest flight sim content creators on Youtube for this very reason.

Technical study level know how only attract a niche population of flight simmers, or maybe the study level simmers aren't supportive enough of study level content creators?

It's the Youtube norm that your non subscriber viewership views and likes will completely topple your loyal subscriber views/likes in every video. If you don't bother to make a youtube account to watch your favorite content creator's videos you aren't exactly fully supporting them.

The views are only one factor of growth, they really need those likes and comments for the algorithm.

The like button is very important and essential to get into good graces with Youtube's algorithm. Folks need to really support their study level content creators videos with likes and comments.

Can't be mad at AvAngel, Swiss001 nor AirForceProud for having a die hard loyal sub base that will quickly hit the like button and comment the minute a new video drops.

Just something to think about, when you see these other channels skyrocketing in growth over your favorite study content creator's.

Edited by blueshark747
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

1 hour ago, DD_Arthur said:

The Simmarket app? It’s an endless world of frustration as far as I can see.

I won’t buy anything from there anymore because of that thing.

Same for me. That app was so difficult and the download speed so slow. I bought one scenery from there and I had to use the app to get it; I will rebuy that scenery now that it is on the Marketplace; that was, and will be, my last purchase from Simmarket, unless they can improve the delivery method substantially.

• Upvote 1

Dan Scott

As the engine model developer and a systems coder for the Cockspur PH100, I'd be happy to answer questions about what we've modeled. Overall, this plane is much more well-rounded than the Mustang was at release. 

The airplane has a custom FADEC that was built from a bunch of real-world data. All of the engine parameters have been tuned to match the available data, including engine N1, N2, ITT, oil pressure and temperature, fuel flow, including fuel flow at all altitudes. Engines have been a preoccupation of mine as a simmer, and it bugs me when engine indications aren't realistic. A lot of effort has gone into tuning this plane's engines, and I'm happy with the results. 

The lead developer Seb and I have also worked on implementing a custom engine display for the G1000NXi. It isn't perfect in every detail, and we're still learning how to customize it. We're excited that we were able to get close to the engine display in the Phenom's Prodigy flight deck, though. We also have some custom systems code that produces engine igniter annunciations at the correct times, and the FADEC thrust target is displayed above the N1 gauge. 

The airplane has a ground power unit that can be used anywhere (even at airports that don't have ground power natively in MSFS). It also has baggage that will appear in the baggage area as you add weight. There are some extra sounds (for oxygen push knob, gpu, and some other odds and ends) compared to the Mustang, but it's worth noting that the engine sounds are the same as the Mustang. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, JYW said:

I've bought Cockspur's Aeroprakt A22, Cessna 162 and the Mustang.  All are really sub par and I'm afraid it would take surprisingly fantastic overall reviews (from reliable sources) to persuade me to be bitten a 4th time! 

As for that video.  Really poor.  A VFR fly around from Orcas to Friday Harbour, with no setting up of the G1000, no FD or AP modes used. It's just not how to demo this type of aircraft - even for a first look.  Just rotating when she reached the end of the runway, instead of showing us how the plane performs at realistic speeds.   Overspeeding at 255kts at just a couple of thousand feet AGL..... etc, etc.  I think this channel is ok for the most basic piston singles and vintage aircraft, but anything beyond that I think the reviewer is far out of her depth.   Check out the complex airliner videos like the PMDG on that channel!

Adding to this she didn't even preview the night lighting.  I like AvAngel but in this case I have to agree.:ph34r:

• Like 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

42 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

Can't be mad at AvAngel, Swiss001 nor AirForceProud for having a die hard loyal sub base that will quickly hit the like button and comment the minute a new video drops.

Not mad at "them" at all, in the case of AvAngel it's the flight sim equivalent of reading The Sun newspaper (UK comparison there)...

.... as for the other two, despite 90% of what I view on YouTube being flight or flightsim based, I've never heard of them.

G

• Like 3

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

1 hour ago, Marc Collins said:

As the engine model developer and a systems coder for the Cockspur PH100, I'd be happy to answer questions about what we've modeled. Overall, this plane is much more well-rounded than the Mustang was at release. 

The airplane has a custom FADEC that was built from a bunch of real-world data. All of the engine parameters have been tuned to match the available data, including engine N1, N2, ITT, oil pressure and temperature, fuel flow, including fuel flow at all altitudes. Engines have been a preoccupation of mine as a simmer, and it bugs me when engine indications aren't realistic. A lot of effort has gone into tuning this plane's engines, and I'm happy with the results. 

The lead developer Seb and I have also worked on implementing a custom engine display for the G1000NXi. It isn't perfect in every detail, and we're still learning how to customize it. We're excited that we were able to get close to the engine display in the Phenom's Prodigy flight deck, though. We also have some custom systems code that produces engine igniter annunciations at the correct times, and the FADEC thrust target is displayed above the N1 gauge. 

The airplane has a ground power unit that can be used anywhere (even at airports that don't have ground power natively in MSFS). It also has baggage that will appear in the baggage area as you add weight. There are some extra sounds (for oxygen push knob, gpu, and some other odds and ends) compared to the Mustang, but it's worth noting that the engine sounds are the same as the Mustang. 

Which model? E? EV?

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

5 minutes ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

Which model? E? EV?

We modeled the original Phenom 100 that began deliveries in 2008 -- before the E and EV upgrades. 

1 hour ago, Gazzareth said:

Not mad at "them" at all, in the case of AvAngel it's the flight sim equivalent of reading The Sun newspaper (UK comparison there)...

😂🤣

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

8 hours ago, Twenty6 said:

27 euros in both places.

Not with tax/VAT at Simmarket it isn't

4 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

Not with tax/VAT at Simmarket it isn't

So you're comparing one vendor's price with tax/VAT against one vendor's price without tax?

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

3 hours ago, Marc Collins said:

Matbe you can tell me why I'm only getting around 90% at full throttle. TOGA button doesn't seem to work...

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)