Sign in to follow this  
duesenwerni

Cockspur Phenom 100 has been released

2 hours ago, Dillon said:

Has anyone been able to download this? When I try it keeps timing out.😳😣

Try using a download manager.This is what they suggested on their discord. I'm using  free download manager (It was the only one NickN suggested we use a long time ago)

6 hours ago, turbomax said:

looks ok, but not Carenado level. AvAngel is not the greatest camera man though, missed the chance to inspect the finer model details, unfortunately. will wait for what JayDee has to say.

What some of these youtubbers in their rush for clicks don't understand is that by producing a subpar video they are actually hurting not helping developers. I'll wait for more competent reviewers to weigh in. The Phenom 100 is one of my favorite planes, but the developer, Cockspur doesn't inspire confidence. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

The Phenom 100 is one of my favorite planes, but the developer, Cockspur doesn't inspire confidence. 

that's why I had hoped for Carenado to be first with their Phenom instead of yet another Cessna variant. all it required was a decent flight model and jet engine sound, the avionics are all workingtitle, so nothing much required of them except for their outstanding modelling and texturing expertise. but I said that already a while   ago. there is hoping they will still release their own version and not have to rush again some cheap local classic for Microsoft.  people buy the phenom mainly for its stunning beauty, it should not be tampered with.    

• Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

49 minutes ago, turbomax said:

that's why I had hoped for Carenado to be first with their Phenom instead of yet another Cessna variant. all it required was a decent flight model and jet engine sound, the avionics are all workingtitle, so nothing much required of them except for their outstanding modelling and texturing expertise. but I said that already a while   ago. there is hoping they will still release their own version and not have to rush again some cheap local classic for Microsoft.  people buy the phenom mainly for its stunning beauty, it should not be tampered with.    

Yup, Carenado version was converted and released on Flightsim.to a while back, looked great and flew well too but the cockpit was not operational from what I recall. That was someone doing a fairly quick, unsanctioned conversion so Carenado could have turned one around in a relatively short timeframe I would imagine.

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Donka said:

AVAngel...

recommend you all watch this on mute

despite the best efforts of the youtuber, this looks good IMO, will buy this in a bit and hope for some better reviews in the meantime

Edited by EGLD
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, MindYerBeak said:

Try using a download manager.This is what they suggested on their discord. I'm using  free download manager (It was the only one NickN suggested we use a long time ago)

Can you point me to one?  It's insane they sell something on their website that they can't deliver on.😣

I hate having to install yet another 3rd party utility for a one time use...👎

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

inimanager, orbx, marketplace, aerosoft one, flybywire installer, fsdt installer - just generally, this area of simming is an absolute mess at the moment, I sometimes have no idea which installer I purchased something through

ANYWAY - god speed, and thanks for taking one for the team, look forward to your views!!

1 hour ago, Dillon said:

It has been released at simmarket, so there's no need for a dl-manager.

https://secure.simmarket.com/cockspur-cockspur-ph100.phtml

• Like 1

Ciao Michael

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, Palit RTX 4080 GameRock OC, 64GB Corsair DDR4 3600, MSI MAG X570S Tomahawk Max WiFi, LG C3 OLED 42" 4K Display, ViewSonic 16" Touchscreen.

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog + Pendular Rudder, Stream Deck XL, Tobii Eyetracker, TrackIR 5.

Windows 11 Pro 24H2 Insider Build

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mwe_EDVK said:

released at simmarket, so there's no need for a dl-manager.

which comes with its very own annoying SIMMARKET App. "The New SIMMARKET App. Explore an endless world!"

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

I'm waiting for feedback from trustworthy sources. In the linked video I didn't see any animations inside the cabin, except for those ghastly zombies that you can load via the MSFS load manager.

Is there a tablet? 

How is the flight model?

Overall, this has the feel of a mediocre addon.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

Quite a bit more expensive there so it would be nice if Cockspur <snort> could sort out their own server as well.

27 euros in both places.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

3 hours ago, Dillon said:

Can you point me to one?  It's insane they sell something on their website that they can't deliver on.😣

Yes. freedownloadmanager dot ORG .

1 hour ago, Twenty6 said:

27 euros in both places.

32 Euros in my neck of the woods (Northern Europe).

Posted (edited)

I've bought Cockspur's Aeroprakt A22, Cessna 162 and the Mustang.  All are really sub par and I'm afraid it would take surprisingly fantastic overall reviews (from reliable sources) to persuade me to be bitten a 4th time! 

As for that video.  Really poor.  A VFR fly around from Orcas to Friday Harbour, with no setting up of the G1000, no FD or AP modes used. It's just not how to demo this type of aircraft - even for a first look.  Just rotating when she reached the end of the runway, instead of showing us how the plane performs at realistic speeds.   Overspeeding at 255kts at just a couple of thousand feet AGL..... etc, etc.  I think this channel is ok for the most basic piston singles and vintage aircraft, but anything beyond that I think the reviewer is far out of her depth.   Check out the complex airliner videos like the PMDG on that channel!

Edited by JYW
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)