Sign in to follow this  
duesenwerni

Cockspur Phenom 100 has been released

The Phenom 100 is too simple for the "real hard core serious" avsim pilot, not enough "system depth" even in the real airplane. 🤣

"The Embraer Phenom 100 was designed around simplicity, automating anything that did not absolutely need the pilot’s attention. From turning on the Master Avionics switch - which is not present on the Phenom 100, to turning on the beacon before engine start, the engineers made sure that the aircraft did these menial tasks without having to bother the pilot.

Almost everything in the Phenom 100 is based on a percent of N1. Even take off power, but the good thing is that you don’t need to remember it. Just set the levers to the markings on the quadrant. The EEC in the FADEC will understand what you want, measure the ambient atmospheric condition, and figure out what take-off power it has to extract from the Pratt and Whitney engines.

The overall philosophy was to simplify everything. From manufacturing to maintenance, and from procedures to dispatch reliability, the Board wanted to build an aircraft that made flying, like driving a car. And they achieved it. The Phenom is one of the easiest aircraft to maintain and fly. Even the checklist from start-up to shutdown can fit one laminated card.

Engineers decided that they did not want anything that did not need to be there. Even the need for a separate beacon switch was removed. As soon as you turn the knob to start the engine, the beacon is the first thing that comes on.

The same philosophy goes for fuel pumps and generators. The aircraft has a smart system that detects what needs to come on and what doesn’t. This way, it reduces the amount of workload in the cockpit by almost 70% when compared to other aircraft in its class and category."

https://www.skytough.com/post/embraer-phenom-100

• Like 4

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

Someone posted this on Cockspur's Discord channel. 

A great video going through all the procedures on the Phenom. It's in Brazilian Portuguese, but you can still follow along pretty easily. 

Are there any updates planned? Seems like the first version is out but wondering about the roadmap for features and fixes?

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

36 minutes ago, Purr said:

Are there any updates planned? Seems like the first version is out but wondering about the roadmap for features and fixes?

Yes, we've been working on our first update. Once the first version is available on the MSFS Marketplace (should be soon), we will finalize the first patch. Here's the list of changes so far, which we posted on our discord: 

• Brand new cameras, including default VR view, by Drew Bolton
  • Vspeeds on speedtape, fixed
  • Corrected loading trivia
  • LOD issue fixed
  • Added TO CONFIG button functionality
  • Added dynamic increments to autopilot altitude select knob
  • ELT Switch direction corrected
  • SAI now on an automatic brightness for better night flying
  • New G1000 reflectiions and fingerprints
  • TOGA button clickable on the throttles
  • Increased volume of exterior GPU sound
  • Changed position of exterior GPU sound to better coincide with the actual GPU
  • Many updated cockpit textures
  • Fixed bug where engine ignition would get stuck on the second leg
Edited by Marc Collins
change log was hard to read
  • Like 1

I was flying the Phenom 100 last night and noticed and interesting behavior, not sure if anyone else has noticed this or what was going on.

After purchasing the plane and firing it up at KFRG I took off without any specific destination in mind.  I decided to fly to KPIT and discovered I just barely had enough fuel on board.

Towards the end of the flight, when the "FUEL 2 LO" (or something close to that) came on as a CAS message, the engine fuel flow for each engine started bouncing rapidly between 250 and 450ish pounds per hour.  Everything else seemed to be functioning well and the flight ended with a nice landing (with engines still running haha)

I was assuming this isn't normal behavior but I'm not totally sure, has anyone else seen this?

Thanks,
Kevin

2 hours ago, Marc Collins said:

Here's the list of changes so far,

please also fix:

1) engine sound in external/spot view. no matter how far you move away from the aircraft, engine sound stays always on max volume.

2) RANGE and FMS dials in the keyboard below the center MFD are inop, as are many keys.

3) can't hide copilot yoke individually. Hiding captains yoke also hides copilot's yoke.

"Q: Default VR view is at the rudder pedals 
A: This was not intentional, however the view for VR would be different for each pilot"

different for each pilot. WHAT? if that's the case, then why not also for each pilot also in 2D? there is normally a default view position for EVERY aircraft in VR, which a user could easily adjust while in VR, if needed.

would be a good idea to add the Phenom 100 E version as well, which has speed brakes.

performance data, all of which is missing in the so called "manual"

https://www.flyradius.com/embraer-phenom-100/specifications-dimensions

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

very nice.

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

Someone posted this on Cockspur's Discord channel. 

Can you post the link to Cockspur's discord channel?  Thx.🍺

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

• Like 1

very nice.

I have to say, after completing a number of flights, this is a very rough and unfinished addon that lacks all of the polish that, for example, the recently released FS Reborn Piper, or the Hondajet and Cirrus Vision Jet have.

Sounds are not good. Various stuff is inop. Close to zero animations (except the toilet) in the cabin. No EFB, just a "cheap-looking" laminated card, with a checklist you can't properly use in the cockpit. 

It flies ok, at any rate, most of the heavy lifting is done by the WT's G1000NXi.

I have no idea why all the youtubbers who reviewed this are heaping praise on it.

I mean, it's not bad, it looks nice from the outside, but it doesn't have any "standout features".

Edited by Ricardo41
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

I have to say, after completing a number of flights, this is a very rough and unfinished addon that lacks all of the polish that, for example, the recently released FS Reborn Piper, or the Hondajet and Cirrus Vision Jet have.

Sounds are not good. Various stuff is inop. Close to zero animations (except the toilet) in the cabin. No EFB, just a "cheap-looking" laminated card, with a checklist you can't properly use in the cockpit. 

It flies ok, at any rate, most of the heavy lifting is done by the WT's G1000NXi.

I have no idea why all the youtubbers who reviewed this are heaping praise on it.

I mean, it's not bad, it looks nice from the outside, but it doesn't have any "standout features".

I was going to purchase this aircraft, but with various reports i have seen recently, i think i'll wait and see if it improves in time. 

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

4 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

That could be a copy and paste of what I think about their Mustang tbh. Was holding off to see if it's an improvement over that one.

Guess I've got my answer. One hangar queen is enough.

G

• Like 1

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Seems like the general consensus is this aircraft has a lot of potential but a few items needing addressed. From reading around, a few issues around sounds, initial state needing to be cold & dark, missing animations, VR cockpit position and checklist position to name a few that jump out to me.

Edited by Donka

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

2 hours ago, Gazzareth said:

That could be a copy and paste of what I think about their Mustang tbh.

Not sure who in their right mind would ever tack FSReborn or FlightFX quality expectations on a Cockspur product.

While I do love the Cockspur Mustang for its unique character and for it being just what they created it as, I would never expect said quality as the other two devs mentioned.

That's pretty unrealistic...🤣

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

7 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

Not sure who in their right mind would ever tack FSReborn or FlightFX quality expectations on a Cockspur product.

While I do love the Cockspur Mustang for its unique character and for it being just what they created it as, I would never expect said quality as the other two devs mentioned.

That's pretty unrealistic...🤣

Not sure about FS Reborn, but the comparison with the HondaJet is very appropriate. First business jet from both developers unless I'm mistaken, both leveraging WT avionics.

One is excellent, one not so much.

G

• Like 1

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron