Sign in to follow this  
JBDB-MD80

PMDG update 6 Jan 24

MAX 9 will be a while yet as they have some new door failures to program in.

• Like 11
  • Upvote 5

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

MAX's FMC and VNAV are bugged in real life, they should first fix it in real life before PMDG replicates it

26 minutes ago, cepact said:

MAX's FMC and VNAV are bugged in real life, they should first fix it in real life before PMDG replicates it

Could you elaborate that a little further please?

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

6 minutes ago, ThomseN_inc said:

• Like 8

I guess not many airlines care about issues, considering that there are nearly six thousand orders for the MAX.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

24 minutes ago, cepact said:

That was a very interesting read. Boeing really seem to have lost their way nowadays. Even the NG pushed the 737 design too far imo, and now the MAX is taking the almost 60 year old design to another level again. But, I'm 99% sure we'll see the MAX in sim this year. Ifly seem to be in a pretty advanced stage with theirs and I'm sure PMDG is working hard on it behind the scenes too.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Yeah, a MAX would be great. Especially if they also simulated the multiple issues with the word not allowed thing and kept issuing recalls and groundings. If PMDG could pull that off...wow. As Real As It Gets to the max!

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

1 hour ago, cepact said:
  1 hour ago, ThomseN_inc said:

I don't know, I have my doubts about the accuracy of some of the things in this reddit post. Engine anti ice causing serious damage if left on? Why and how? All it's doing is supplying hot bleed air to the front of the engine nacelle. If it's OK to do that at +10 C in the initial climb, how could it cause damage at -40 C in the cruise? (Does someone have access to an FCOM to check this?) 

Somehow, this reddit post smells of sensationalism to me.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, martinboehme said:

I don't know, I have my doubts about the accuracy of some of the things in this reddit post. Engine anti ice causing serious damage if left on? Why and how? All it's doing is supplying hot bleed air to the front of the engine nacelle. If it's OK to do that at +10 C in the initial climb, how could it cause damage at -40 C in the cruise? (Does someone have access to an FCOM to check this?) 

It's actually a known issue, reported here: https://www.seattletimes.com/business/boeing-aerospace/boeing-wants-faa-to-exempt-max-7-from-safety-rules-to-get-it-in-the-air/ (https://archive.is/f514F)

Little noticed, the Federal Aviation Administration in December published a Boeing request for an exemption from key safety standards on the 737 MAX 7 — the still-uncertified smallest member of Boeing’s newest jet family.

Since August, earlier models of the MAX currently flying passengers in the U.S. have had to limit use of the jet’s engine anti-ice system after Boeing discovered a defect in the system with potentially catastrophic consequences.

The flaw could cause the inlet at the front end of the pod surrounding the engine — known as a nacelle — to break and fall off.

Edited by cepact
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, martinboehme said:

Here's the AD...

Federal Register :: Airworthiness Directives; The Boeing Company Airplanes

The new note in the AOM...

spacer.png

• Like 2

AMD 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 42" LG C3 OLED 4K TV/Monitor

I talked to Rob about this Anti-Ice issue, and since he's determined to model the MAX as close to real life as possible, he's going to add this issue in the plane.

However, since some inexperienced simmers may misuse the anti-ice feature in the sim, and may severely damage their engine inlet on the virtual MAX they purchased from PMDG, he has decided to cancel the MAX project for fear of liability from all the angry simmers who now have a damaged MAX.

Thanks a lot for pointing out this glaring issue...now we'll never get a PMDG MAX! 🤨

/sarcasm mode off.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

1 hour ago, martinboehme said:

Personally I find the "FMC crashes anytime it encounters a vector leg" to be a whole lot more unbelievable. Would be curious what @Stearmandriver has to say about that because I just cannot see that be an acceptable and widespread fleet issue without an immediate fix issued. 

1 hour ago, martinboehme said:

It’s not, based off what he says, it sounds like we fly for the same airline.

The MAX is a great plane. I enjoy flying it. It’s a dog up at high altitude but other than that it’s not bad at all.

that post from Reddit does have a bit of hyperbole in it though. I’ve never experienced the issues with VNAV “lagging.” Don’t know why he’s bothered that there’s a mode called “retard.” 

• Like 1

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Just now, Andrew2448 said:

Personally I find the "FMC crashes anytime it encounters a vector leg" to be a whole lot more unbelievable. Would be curious what @Stearmandriver has to say about that because I just cannot see that be an acceptable and widespread fleet issue without an immediate fix issued. 

It’s real. It’s in U14.1 fmc software. 

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Just now, ahsmatt7 said:

It’s real. It’s in U14.1 fmc software. 

Wow that's wild. Funny how often you hear when people are teaching Vatsim "You can't just delete the vectors legs" and yet here we are in real life.