Sign in to follow this  
iFlySimX

Aviationify - Simulate a pilot's career!

It may also have to depend on the coding that's beneath it. I would think that you can copy features from other programs so long as you code it yourself, but if they basically took code from APL and reskinned it, then that's obviously a problem and the program rightfully should be taken down.

10 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Entonces, si alguien roba el PMDG 737 y lo regala, ¿crees que está bien

If he steals the code of course, whether they make a 737 as detailed as PMD is another story.

3 hours ago, Aglos77 said:

If he steals the code of course, whether they make a 737 as detailed as PMD is another story.

I just don't like supporting software pirates. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

File currently unavailable, most screen shots gone. I guess Simbitworld was able to convince Fltightsim.to that this is indeed theft of intellectual property.

6 hours ago, environmental_ice said:

the file is no longer available and the discord is now gone

There ya go. APL took care of the problem.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I just don't like supporting software pirates. 

This is worse than piracy. A software pirate steals the software and then uses it themselves. If they distribute it, it's on warez sites and so everyone knows it's stolen so people who have ethics can choose not to participate.

This guy stole the intellectual property and is -- well, was -- intentionally distributing it, after changing it just enough by renaming it to avoid acknowledging that it's stolen. In cases like that, people who don't know about APL will "steal" the intellectual property without even knowing they're doing so. 

You guys are all saying that they stole, and I wonder that myself, however, where is the proof? Copying and stealing are two very different things. I'm very curious. BTW, since I've posted this and as an APL customer, I now have been kicked out of their Discord. Interesting... 

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

12 minutes ago, iFlySimX said:

You guys are all saying that they stole, and I wonder that myself, however, where is the proof? Copying and stealing are two very different things. I'm very curious. BTW, since I've posted this and as an APL customer, I now have been kicked out of their Discord. Interesting... 

Sadly, I can't say I'm surprised.

I mean I know you posted the info about it innocently and just to share something new (and free) with the community.  But if that addon is a straight copy with a different skin, they (APL) are going to be feeling pretty angry and likely to come down hard on people publicizing the rip.

I do feel you've been treated harshly though, especially as a APL customer.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

45 minutes ago, Twenty6 said:

There ya go. APL took care of the problem.

Why are you replying directly to me? Evidently I'm not the only one that felt the same way

9 minutes ago, iFlySimX said:

Are you braindead? As a user of APL you dont see ANY resemblance? It would be one thing if you downloaded the freeware addon and actually had an organic opinion but you use the same username here, Flightsim.to and both discords....and This is your topic you created at avsim forums and you are wondering why you got kicked out? unreal

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JYW said:

I mean I know you posted the info about it innocently and just to share something new (and free) with the community.  But if that addon is a straight copy with a different skin, they (APL) are going to be feeling pretty angry and likely to come down hard on people publicizing the rip.

I do feel you've been treated harshly though, especially as a APL customer.

No way. I was in the discord of this addon and this guy was in it praising it. The comments on flightsim.to hes all over it as well. And here is here at avsim trying to promote it. Nothing innocent about it in my opinion. 

Edited by environmental_ice

15 minutes ago, environmental_ice said:

Are you braindead? As a user of APL you dont see ANY resemblance? It would be one thing if you downloaded the freeware addon and actually had an organic opinion but you use the same username here, Flightsim.to and both discords....and This is your topic you created at avsim forums and you are wondering why you got kicked out? unreal

A bit aggressive, no? You ok there? I just said in my last post that I was wondering myself about how they potentially stole after trying it out. I'm sorry that I can't TRY freeware to test it out, I didn't know that was illegal....And yes it worked great while it lasted. Better UI, a lot faster and so on so that's why I gave it a good rating. (Is that illegal too?) Again, HOW they got there has got me wondering....Also, you really don't think someone would have brought this up in their Discord, lol. Hell, maybe I actually stopped it before it got too far. 

Edited by iFlySimX

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

1 minute ago, iFlySimX said:

A bit aggressive, no? You ok there? I just said in my last post that I was wondering myself about how they potentially stole after trying it out. I'm sorry that I can't TRY freeware to test it out, I didn't know that was illegal....And yes it worked great while it lasted. Better UI, a lot faster and so on so that's why I gave it a good rating. (Is that illegal too?) Again, HOW they got there has got me wondering....Also, you really don't think someone would have brought this up in their Discord, lol. Hell, maybe I actually stopped it before it got too far. 

Just so you know, copying intellectual property that is protected by copyright is not different from stealing. It is stealing.

Also FYI, the minute you create any copyrightable work, it has a copyright. You're not required to register it or anything, just writing it is sufficient. So copying a game (either by directly copying the software and rebranding it or copying in substance its design) without permission is automatically violating its copyright.

5 minutes ago, iFlySimX said:

Are you okay? This is your topic we are all responding on. Why are you acting like you dont know what is going on right now. Your comments on flightsim.to and in that discord show you know exactly what was going on here. You might as well change your youtube channel and come back with a different alias. What a joke. 

Yeah Im in the APL discord and there has been no mention of it as far as I know but why would there be? There would have been no mention of it here either but thanks to you....

10 minutes ago, environmental_ice said:

Are you okay? This is your topic we are all responding on. Why are you acting like you dont know what is going on right now. Your comments on flightsim.to and in that discord show you know exactly what was going on here. You might as well change your youtube channel and come back with a different alias. What a joke. 

Yeah Im in the APL discord and there has been no mention of it as far as I know but why would there be? There would have been no mention of it here either but thanks to you....

You are missing the point and we clearly can't have a conversation. Convo is done here 👋.
And no I won't change my alias HAHAHAHAHH.

Edited by iFlySimX

1 minute ago, iFlySimX said:

You are missing the point. Convo is done here 👋.

What point are you trying to make? That this was an innocent mistake? I'm telling you it wasn't. If you are actually trying to pass off it was then good luck. You dont have much to say since I called you out so it makes sense the conversation is done in your view.