Sign in to follow this  
iFlySimX

Aviationify - Simulate a pilot's career!

Posted (edited)

Hey all! I came across Aviationify a couple of days ago and I thought I would share this because I've really been enjoying it. As the title state, it's a tool to help simulate a pilot's career. While it's in very early stages of development, the developers are very active and rolling out updates frequently. I've been flying with it and it's helped me discover new places that I would never flown to without Aviationify. The best part of this tool is that it's FREE!!

Give it a try, you will love it. I can't wait to see how far the developers take this. Cheers!

https://flightsim.to/file/67241/aviationify-simulate-a-pilot-s-career

Edited by iFlySimX
  • Like 3

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

1 minute ago, gabriel122 said:

Comments say they are stealing almost whole thing from APL.... 

Stealing...such an interesting word...It's a freeware and it work great for me. Of course APL must be upset because it's very similar, so far (I would say better) and it's free. I would be upset too 😉 

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

LOL I mean nothing wrong with creating an app to simulate an airline pilot career but the map UI, the license part, the XP part, airlines with various star ratings..... even the offers only change every 7 days just like A Pilots Life.... JFC yikes. Looks very copy paste. The guy didnt even try to innovate. 🤣

Edited by environmental_ice

8 hours ago, environmental_ice said:

LOL, no quiero decir que no haya nada de malo en crear una aplicación para simular la carrera de un piloto de aerolínea, pero la interfaz de usuario del mapa, la parte de la licencia, la parte de XP, las aerolíneas con varias calificaciones de estrellas... incluso las ofertas solo cambian cada 7 días, al igual que A Pilots. La vida... JFC ¡Ay! Parece muy copiar y pegar. El tipo ni siquiera intentó innovar. 🤣

I don't see a problem with that, just as I don't see a problem with having several different a320s in the sim, the more variety the better for everyone.

16 minutes ago, Aglos77 said:

I don't see a problem with that, just as I don't see a problem with having several different a320s in the sim, the more variety the better for everyone.

I don't know what you're talking about but this is nothing like having different A320s in the sim.

This is literally a copy paste from how the app works all the way to pilot ranks. The guy changed absolutely nothing. You start with a set amount of money to buy licenses to unlock routes just like APL. You are paid in real time just like APL. There is a a 7 day cool down period for new jobs just like APL. There is a supposed amount of luck for landing a job just like APL. The scoring is literally exactly the same. The star rating for various airlines is exactly the same. Anything users complained about in APL the developer still copied right over to this freeware alternative yet the dev is acting like things "under the hood" are drastically different. The dev isn't apart of the APL discord anymore so I'm not sure if he got kicked out or banned from APL or whatever but that might explain why he's doing this.

Personally I don't care as I purchased APL so there's no reason for me to use this. Just pointing out the obvious plagiarism. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, environmental_ice said:

Personally I don't care

Really? Your posts seem to indicate otherwise. You're all wound up about

2 hours ago, environmental_ice said:

obvious plagiarism

which doesn't make sense unless any written documents are copied verbatim. Including actual examples would help your argument.

If there's any theft of intellectual property why not let the devs at A Pilot's Life handle it.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

I get "The file is currently unavailable" message from the above link.  I wonder if it was pulled because of a cease and desist letter?

Glenn Wilkinson

dk1xTfc.jpg                                      28.jpg

Yep APL putting pressure on them with lawyers.... Sad...

Edited by iFlySimX

2 hours ago, Twenty6 said:

Really? Your posts seem to indicate otherwise. You're all wound up about

Wound up about it just for pointing out the obvious? There's no way you are going to sit here and pretend that it wasn't an 99.9% clone copy of APL just reskinned.   

2 hours ago, Twenty6 said:

which doesn't make sense unless any written documents are copied verbatim. Including actual examples would help your argument.

If there's any theft of intellectual property why not let the devs at A Pilot's Life handle it.

And I'm assuming they have since the file is no longer available and the discord is now gone. If the dev really thought they had an original product then it would still be here. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, iFlySimX said:

Yep APL putting pressure on them with lawyers.... Sad...

**IF** the allegations that it's a near direct copy of APL are correct then the lawyers would have a point.

Yeah not "sad".  If the allegations are true, they should be sued.

Having work "stolen" doesn't encourage new developers to innovate and bring fresh products to this hobby. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, iFlySimX said:

Stealing...such an interesting word...It's a freeware and it work great for me. Of course APL must be upset because it's very similar, so far (I would say better) and it's free. I would be upset too 😉 

This developer is a member of the A Pilot's Life community and has stolen pretty much everything from that application. DO NOT SUPPORT THIS DEVELOPER! The map, airplane lists are exact replica

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

15 hours ago, iFlySimX said:

So if someone steals the PMDG 737, and gives it away for free, then you think that is fine?

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310