Sign in to follow this  
iFlySimX

Aviationify - Simulate a pilot's career!

24 minutes ago, environmental_ice said:

What point are you trying to make? That this was an innocent mistake? I'm telling you it wasn't. If you are actually trying to pass off it was then good luck. You dont have much to say since I called you out so it makes sense the conversation is done in your view.

Absolutely, I went and willingly downloaded it as it appeared on FlightSim.to. So what? Am I NOT allowed to? I was curious and intrigued. After using it that's when I said mhmmmm this looks a LOT like APL... What is going on here....And yes I did like it, it worked great! A lot smoother and better IMO...(Maybe I shouldn't share my opinion? Not allowed?...) And AGAIN, I agree with everything in question and I am VERY curious as to what happened and why they did that. Now I'm done 🙂

Edited by iFlySimX
  • Like 1

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

1 hour ago, iFlySimX said:

You are missing the point and we clearly can't have a conversation. Convo is done here 👋.
And no I won't change my alias HAHAHAHAHH.

. You promoted this bootlegged software on this thread, bragged about the fact it was free, and that it was better than A Pilots LIfe, and now you are acting like you did nothing wrong.. ....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

. You promoted this bootlegged software on this thread, bragged about the fact it was free, and that it was better than A Pilots LIfe, and now you are acting like you did nothing wrong.. ....

Wait a minute ... I've been following this thread from the very beginning. When iFlySimX made his original/first post, no-one knew [then] that the software may have been copied or stolen. At *that* stage, he was doing nothing wrong: simply sharing information that he thought might be of interest to other simmers. Nothing wrong with *that*, Shirley?

I know nothing about APL, so I also downloaded and used Aviationify ... and thought it showed great potential (and liked it). *However* - having read the subsequent posts and seeing that the file has been removed from Flightsim.to, it does appear that there's definitely something "fishy" going on.

On the good side - reading this thread made me take a look at APL. It does look good and I may even buy it. So .. who knows ... maybe APL will benefit from all this free (though unwanted) publicity?

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

I won’t be using it. Can’t reward that type of behavior. 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

4 hours ago, iFlySimX said:

Absolutely, I went and willingly downloaded it as it appeared on FlightSim.to. So what?

Actually, you used it before it appeared on flightsim.to on 9 Jan. (v1.1.7), but you have videos showing it on your channel that go back about a week before that - go figure…

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

In my opinion A Pilots Life is the worst piece of software I have ever bought and I had to fight with simmarket to get my money back. This thing is also not worth any penny. An alternative would be highly appreciated.

14 minutes ago, techman said:

In my opinion A Pilots Life is the worst piece of software I have ever bought and I had to fight with simmarket to get my money back. This thing is also not worth any penny. An alternative would be highly appreciated.

A strong opinion. I have been a very happy user of APL2 for about a year, but then I stopped using it. I definitely got my money's worth out of that purchase. And since about last summer, there is even a free version on Simmarket that includes the route finding, but not the career/airline option. So, one can test the software a bit before buying, which is excellent business practice.

However, to each their own, you are certainly entitled to dislike APL2. We all look for different features and come to different conclusions about a piece of software.

Peter 

50 minutes ago, techman said:

In my opinion A Pilots Life is the worst piece of software I have ever bought and I had to fight with simmarket to get my money back. This thing is also not worth any penny.

What was so bad about it (genuine question)? I watched a YT video of V2 and thought it looked OK (from the video at least!).

Edited by Adamski_NZ

7 hours ago, techman said:

Exactly what do you think is wrong with it, and be  specific. I have almost 500 flights with A Pilots LIfe V2, with an average  pilot grade   of 98.97. No problems at all with the software. 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

9 hours ago, Adamski_NZ said:

¿Qué tenía de malo (pregunta genuina)? Vi un video de YouTube de V2 y pensé que se veía bien (¡al menos según el video!).

I didn't like APL2's flight scoring system. I don't know if it has improved now but back in the day if you followed the procedures of a real airline it gave you errors in the scoring. Then at the end it allows you to use the plane you want on the route you want and it makes you lose the value of getting new flight licenses.

4 minutes ago, Aglos77 said:

Then at the end it allows you to use the plane you want on the route you want and it makes you lose the value of getting new flight licenses.

Not quite! airplane licenses allows you to get access to  airliners (during job hunt) that use those airframe  in their fleet. Also scoring system is OK too. I only disagree with pause penalty. 

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

16 minutes ago, Aglos77 said:

I didn't like APL2's flight scoring system. I don't know if it has improved now but back in the day if you followed the procedures of a real airline it gave you errors in the scoring. Then at the end it allows you to use the plane you want on the route you want and it makes you lose the value of getting new flight licenses.

The app has been updated several times, When is the last time  you used it? 

1 hour ago, sd_flyer said:

Also scoring system is OK too. I only disagree with pause penalty. 

That would be a deal-breaker for me. Flights are flown in real time and can often be a few hours long. RL often interrupts sim sessions (phone calls, dinner, sleep etc.) so being able to pause a flight would be essential for me (even though not every MSFS aircraft handles pausing gracefully).

1 minute ago, Adamski_NZ said:

That would be a deal-breaker for me. Flights are flown in real time and can often be a few hours long. RL often interrupts sim sessions (phone calls, dinner, sleep etc.) so being able to pause a flight would be essential for me (even though not every MSFS aircraft handles pausing gracefully).

I feel your pain. APL developers is particularly stubborn to deactivate it . On the bight side the penalty is not that big though 

• Like 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Any software that penalizes pausing or time acceleration is ridiculous, as it basically invalidates the single best part of using a simulator vs a real airplane.  

• Like 4

Andrew Crowley