Sign in to follow this  
lehbird

SLC w/ GSX, Give it a Try if you haven't

I purchased SLC a week or so ago and could not be more pleased. It is so well done and so in depth. They do hit you a little hard on the purchase price though... (Sarcasm there... its $22 USD!) There are many great things about it, but I think one of the best is the scoring of your flights. Scoring flights is nothing new, but most products require to to adhere to the scoring areas the developer feels are important. With this product, you as the user can decide what you want to be scored on and to what degree. 

Circling back  the title of the post, I purchased GSX a couple of days ago as the SLC developer states that it meshes seamlessly with SLC. I was not disappointed, they really do. If you own one product and not the other, I highly recommend you purchase the other and give it a try.

I've been vocal on this too--really well done.  As a user of A Pilot's Life, primarily for the scoring piece, what I like about SLC is that you are really immersed in tasks you and the FO must do to make it all come to pass--you can't just concern yourself with piloting the plane.  I also use it with GSX and they work together quite well once you understand how to do it.  I find SLC has kept me focused on nearly the entire flight, whereas w/ APL it was get up to cruise then go find something to do for an hour or 4.  You can still break away no problem, and the automation option is fabulous--and only requires mere right-click on one spot.  It's remarkably trouble-free despite needing to be so tied to so much in the sim.  The Dev get's an A+ rating for creativity, thoughtfulness and consideration of subtle details of the processes of pilot, cabin and ground crews--stuff I really never thought about much prior to starting SLC.  

My only peeve is same peeve I have w/ speech quality of Azure pilots in MSFS.   The Voice Packs, at least the American pilot's, sounds like more like someone reading a story to someone about what the pilot said, rather than having that authentic, natural, spontaneous speech you hear from real pilots in the RW.  That is something that can be improved upon, one just(!) has to be a good vocal actor to try to simulate a truly plausible pilot.  In fact, I would pay $$ for that because it would add a seriously greater sense of immersion.  The speech that the pilot in the FBW 320NX has is great, plausible, and easily passes as a RW pilot.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Forgive my ignorance...but what is SLC?

• Upvote 1

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

Looks really interesting,

Lets see now. Load TrackIR - Load MSFS - Load FLSTS - Load FSHud - Load APL - Load Navigraph -

Now add SLC

Its a wonder MSFS starts at all. LOL

Ron

• Like 2

Ron

MSFS -Just flight Piper arrow 28-  A2A Comanche250 - COWS DA42 - Cessna 310 -Cessna 414
Black Square Baron - FSR500 - SimWorks PC12 - Black Square TBM 850
146Pro Plane - PMDG 737-600

I'll second this - SLC and GSX are a great combination. 

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

Not the kind of flying I want to do at all, but thanks. 

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

I really like SLC but I wonder how to add our own sounds... Before it was possible now in the new version it's no longer the case...

You can build your own sound pack or voice pack, see on their discord, many users share them. And the author works on a tool to make the process easier if I understand correctly the recent january announcement. Some people build their voice pack using online AI generation tool, and it sounds very natural.

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

3 hours ago, Axis3600 said:

I really like SLC but I wonder how to add our own sounds... Before it was possible now in the new version it's no longer the case...

Of course it is. Look at the manual

I am havig problems getting SLC and GSX pro to work together.. ONnce I push back that is when the problems start. it just freezes for me. any help would be appreciated. Thank you. 

28 minutes ago, ejy1 said:

I am havig problems getting SLC and GSX pro to work together.. ONnce I push back that is when the problems start. it just freezes for me. any help would be appreciated. Thank you. 

Which aircraft?
I suggest thoroughly reading the following page, especially the part about FSUIPC and WASM: https://www.selfloadingcargo.com/support/knowledgebase/22/how-to-use-gsx-pro-with-self-loading-cargo

If that doesn't help, you might want to contact support (button on the website).

I think as long as the dev remains committed this will only get better but The SLC dev needs to get some flight attendants on his team to make the product better. You would think flight attendants are clueless workers with this product. They dont need pilots to tell them when to arm the doors or when to be seated for landing. Maybe its a EU thing but in the US they already know under 10K feet to get the cabin ready and then to their jumpseats. They also are the ones who normally close the cockpit door before departure and not the pilots which leads me to my issue where I get penalized 1000 points for flying with the cockpit door open despite the door showing green (closed) in SLC and locked in the FBW A32NX.

Finally I have had to shelve it very recently as the GSX option doesnt even work anymore. The manual states to middle click the door to swap between options (manual door control, flight attendant control or GSX but the GSX option just isnt available for some odd reason. It still needs some more refining and this is why alot of people like the previous version more as I spent several minutes messing around with this instead of flying the airplane.

6 hours ago, environmental_ice said:

I think as long as the dev remains committed this will only get better but The SLC dev needs to get some flight attendants on his team to make the product better. You would think flight attendants are clueless workers with this product. They dont need pilots to tell them when to arm the doors or when to be seated for landing. Maybe its a EU thing but in the US they already know under 10K feet to get the cabin ready and then to their jumpseats. They also are the ones who normally close the cockpit door before departure and not the pilots which leads me to my issue where I get penalized 1000 points for flying with the cockpit door open despite the door showing green (closed) in SLC and locked in the FBW A32NX.

Finally I have had to shelve it very recently as the GSX option doesnt even work anymore. The manual states to middle click the door to swap between options (manual door control, flight attendant control or GSX but the GSX option just isnt available for some odd reason. It still needs some more refining and this is why alot of people like the previous version more as I spent several minutes messing around with this instead of flying the airplane.

1) Yes, in Europe the pilots tell the cabin crew to prepare the cabin for landing and also to take seats for landing. But really, how do your flight attendants in the US know the altitude of the aircraft (i.e. descending below 10000 feet)…? Probably because the pilots make some sort of PA, right?

2) By the way the attendants in SLC do arm the doors by themselves, you don‘t have to tell them.

3) As for the cockpit door, SLC does recognize it on my side when I close it on the A32NX by moving the switch to „lock“. Are you sure you locked it? Because the VC will always show the actual door closed, because it‘s not animated.

4) You need to reinstall FSUIPC and check the WASM option. Then GSX will appear as an option in SLC.