Sign in to follow this  
Noel

Will 16Gb of VRAM be sufficient for VR for the foreseeable?

3 hours ago, Divij said:

Yes once I tried VR (more than a year ago) I’ve never done another flight on my flat screen. 

Thanks for the warning!  I'm afraid if I go there nothing will pry me out of my seat!

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

You need to take a  parc (<-- read from this side) now and then...

Edited by Lange_666
  • Like 1

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR

3 minutes ago, Lange_666 said:

You need to take a  parc (<-- read from this side) now and then...

This official Boeing Captain's Seat for VR should work great...

spacer.png

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

On 1/19/2024 at 10:28 PM, JacquesBrel said:

I just use the mouse to click on stuff I need to operate in VR, or use the buttons on my HOTAS throttle and my yoke. I never use the VR controllers or a keyboard in MSFS.

Yup - me too. 

Hand controllers aren't really supported in MSFS (and last time I tried gave me instant CTD's).  That said, I started this crazy VR sim hobby a number of years ago with X-plane 11, where VR was much better supported in that respect, and I used controllers for all knob and switch manipulation with HOTAS for the main flight and throttle controls.  But having used a mouse in MSFS, I find it is SO much easier combined with the HOTAS than controllers used the same way. 

Edited by AJZip

Ryzen 7 7700x @5.5GHz; ASUS X670-P Motherboard; nVidia 4080 (factory o/c); 32G 5600MHz DDR5 SDRAM; HP Reverb G2

Went VR with the samsung oddyssey, and the feeling of being there ruined the 2d experience forever.. but the visual quality wasnt really good. I missed 2d visuals but could not go back, I put flighsimming on the shelf for a while until I got my hands on the reverb G2. The visual quality was much better than the oddyssey, but still its not quite on par with a monitor, but enough to enjoy the expirience for me. I feel we are almost there with VR…

So my advice to OP, if you can wait for the next generation VR, just hold on, then you will enter a more perfect experience and wont have the need to go back to 2d. Because going VR now can ruin your 2d experience forever and leave you unsatisfied with the current VR quality..

On 1/19/2024 at 8:23 AM, Noel said:

if you went to VR, has this been a one-way change for you, that is, is there no going back to flat screens after VR??

My usual response to such questions:

Is the pope Catholic?

BTW, if you thought you could no longer sim fly without TIR you've seen nothin' yet!

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

Just now, TheFamilyMan said:

My usual response to such questions:

Is the pope Catholic?

BTW, if you thought you could no longer sim fly without TIR you've seen nothin' yet!

Thanks for the warning 😉

Noel