Sign in to follow this  
mikeymike

MSFS Settings Lost

offensive initials not allowed is going on?

i have just fired up pc and msfs and all my settings were reverted to default.

thanks

mike

Should you not take your frustrations to the official forums? Microsoft or Asobo don't visit these forums.

Happened to me so many times, I know them off by heart now.  The most annoying thing is that nobody seems to know why this happens and that MS obviously know about it and don't do anything.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

12 minutes ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

Should you not take your frustrations to the official forums? Microsoft or Asobo don't visit these forums.

Pointless doing that, this issue has affected people since release and they've not fixed it, here's one such thread from 2020....

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/msfs-reset-everything-back-to-default/

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Is there a config file located somewhere with all of this information stored in it? If so, I would like to back it up. I can totally understand how annoyed Mike is regarding this. The settings menus in MSFS have way too many options, and they can be frustrating at the best of times. Having to reset everything from scratch is an option that I would prefer to avoid.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, mikeymike said:

offensive initials not allowed is going on?

i have just fired up pc and msfs and all my settings were reverted to default.

thanks

mike

I do understand your frustration Mike. There should be some backup file. This in the cloud settings is not reliable. 

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

If I were to do a system restore to yesterday will my settings be back to where they were ?

thanks 

mike 

11 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

If I were to do a system restore to yesterday will my settings be back to where they were ?

thanks 

mike 

Your settings are stored in the cloud, try logging out of your XBOX account and logging in again, then maybe the settings will be restored, just a thought.

Edited by Ixoye

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

2 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

Your settings are stored in the cloud, try logging out of your XBOX account and logging in again, then maybe the settings will be restored, just a thought.

Thank you 

i will have to test .

mike

21 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

Yeah... Whenever that happens to me, that's what I do.

Sometimes, I just reboot because it's faster than logging in and out of Xbox but it doesn't always work.

Edited by MDFlier

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

edited title to keep this constructive

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Yes, this has probably happened to most of us at one point or another; it is a known issue I am just prepared for now. I have had it happen 3 times I think, but only once did all the settings revert. Logging in and out does generally bring them back as the settings are stored in the cloud and sometimes the data does not sync when MSFS connects to the server. I have learned to just keep track of the settings so that if it happens I can quickly adjust them. 

Dan Scott

Your MSFS setting are stored on the cloud. I would check if there windows updates .If update is required so update windows (its known for causing all kind of online problem when update is pending). Next check if xbox upp is app to date. After that log out of xbox app restart computer and log in again. Start MSFS see if your setting have beet retrieved from the cloud

Edited by sd_flyer

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI