Sign in to follow this  
Guest slydon

acceleration add on

Guest slydon

I know this is going to sound like bashing but it isn't. I would really like to know if anyone has any ideas. I am using xp on a dual processor comp with 2.5 mb of memory.My experience with this add on has been a total disaster. I just purchased it yesterday and installed after doing a defrag. I am using fsx totally default (no addons) so I figured I should have no problems HAHA First of all it froze my comp twice almost immediately. I then realized I had not disabled my antivirus when I installed so I uninstalled, defragged again, disabled antivirus, shut off firewall and even shut down my dsl. Then I installed again. This time my f18 just kept floating off the carrierI UNINSTALLED AND REINSTALLEDx( AGAIN!!!and deleted the config file. Now the plane stayed on okay and I even took off once. Then I started getting microsoft error messages one after another. I have not had any errors with fsx previously so this add on has to be the culprit. I have now uninstalled again and right now I am very apprehensive about trying it again. Maybe I should just chalk it up to a bad esperience and forget it, although, from reading the forums I have seen a few problems, but nothing like I experienced.

Sorry, I am not sure that we will be able to help you.But at least give us some more information.- processor type + speed- Ram type + speed- motherboard + installed bios- video card + memory size + drivers- free space on your hard drive- XP updated with all the patches ?- did you update anything recently (new drivers) ?- which virus scanner ?- are you using FSUIPC.dll ? did you download the latest ?- when you removed FSX, did you also remove the existing configuration folders (like in application datamicrosoftfsx)? Are you sure everything was removed (c:program filesmicrosoft gamesflight simulator x completely gone ?)It is possible something of the old add ons stay there, I think now about that water shader fix recently released. Whenever you remove something, read the installation instructions again !- did you try to run FSX RTM for a longer time ( I use Sitka approach as a test when I change something, if I have problems (CTD) it always shows up in that mission).- are you running anything overclocked ?- what settings are you running at ? what is your FPS ?Wow, this is quite a list I wrote here ;-) .I installed Acceleration over my existing FSX, and have none of the issues other people in this forum are having. Only thing I returned to default was the recent watershader update for SP1. This is not to brag, and certainly not to tell you there are no problems, because obviously you do have them. I only want to assure you that it is possible to run it satisfactory.As a sidenote, I don't understand why people uninstall/reinstall everything all the time. In my experience, this is not necessary. Jan

Guest slydon

I really DO want to use the add on and I didn't uninstall everything---just the acceleration because I get a m/s error message every time I try to run it with accelerator installed. I just can't believe it won't work. I didn't think I needed to uninstall and reinstall fsx since I am running it default ( have added nothing to it) and never got error messages untill acceleration.xppro service pack 2 gateway fx 400 dual processor 2,8 2.5 ram nvidea 6200 turbo cache 40 gb free space driver 94.24 nothing added sim is run default with 20-30 fps smooth as silkavg anti virus I don't know what fsuip is but I don't have it.no overclockingI can't try it for a longer time because I keep getting error messages and kicks it off.

<>What sort of error messages exactly? I mean the OS is Microsoft and the app is Microsoft, which exactly are you getting error messages from (you didn't happen to do a screen capture of any of them you could post did you?)

Guest slydon

I didn't take any screen shots but they are the typical microsoft error ( send/don't send) I have sent every one.Further, as soon as the add on is installed the error messages start. When I uninstall acceleration there are no more error messages. I have had fsx installed on my computer as soon as it came out and never had an error message until now.

Yes, please be more precise.As Tim asked : what kind of error messages ?I had a look on the Gateway website, and there are 4 models FX400.Which one do you have ? I also see that they come with 512 and 1000 MB of RAM.Did you add RAM yourselves ? Is that the same speed as the one alreadyinstalled ? You could try eventually to remove the original RAM and leave only the new RAM in (assuming that you added the 2 GB, leave those and remove the 512 MB).On the Gateway website you can download a lot of patches. Did you install them ?Jan

You may have problems running with 2.5GB ram if the system needs matched pairs of memory sticks.Also, SP2 is now 3GB aware, it may be worth using the /3GB switch in the boot.ini but again, this may not work with you having only 2.5GB.George

Guest slydon

It came with two 256 sticks one in each side. I added two 1gig sticks one in each side so it is balanced. I'm sorry I can't tell you the number on the error message. I would have to reinstall accel and look at the error again. I should have but I didn't.Thanks for all your help. I will check the gateway site to see which comp I have.DonOS Name Microsoft Windows XP ProfessionalVersion 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600OS Manufacturer Microsoft CorporationSystem Name YOUR-A6847A2F6ESystem Manufacturer GatewaySystem Model FX400System Type X86-based PCProcessor x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 4 GenuineIntel ~2800 MhzProcessor x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 4 GenuineIntel ~2800 MhzBIOS Version/Date Intel Corp. PB94510J.15A.0173.2005.0831.1214, 8/31/2005SMBIOS Version 2.3Windows Directory C:WINDOWSSystem Directory C:WINDOWSsystem32Boot Device DeviceHarddiskVolume1Locale United StatesHardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)"User Name YOUR-A6847A2F6EAdministratorTime Zone Eastern Standard TimeTotal Physical Memory 2,560.00 MBAvailable Physical Memory 1.86 GBTotal Virtual Memory 2.00 GBAvailable Virtual Memory 1.96 GBPage File Space 4.34 GBPage File C:pagefile.sys

Guest paulstalled

Hi,Someone on Phil Taylor's blog, had decribed the same type of problem.The advice given was to uninstall Acceleration AND FSX.Since you have no addons, this is simple.It worked out for the other fellow by doing both.Paul:-)

Guest slydon

Just got through doing EXACTLY that and it still doesn't work. I could go through the problems I have but that would be redundant since I covered it all in my original message. I thought maybe Phil would read this whole thread but he probably won't. I am going to be the one that can't use acceleration I guess. When the sp2 becomes available as a download I probably will try that. Anyway, thanks to all that tried to help me. I just don't know what else I can do.Now I am confused again. Just read Phil's blog and he talks about sp1 that is ready. I thought we were waiting for sp2. Isn't sp1 the one that we added onto fsx some time ago? This flight sim is going to get to me I am afraid.}(

Guest paulstalled

hi Don,Sorry to hear that - that's a very strange sounding prob.Could be hardware related, but it's getting beyond me. Hope you get helped out- somehow.Paul(-:

I really don't like the 2.5GB RAM in XP non 64 bit. Do you have any other sims/games and how do they run? First thing I would do is drop back to 2GB of ram.the other thing that jumped out is the 6200 nVidia card. Is it a card or an onboard chip. Either way check your drivers. Also don't just load in the newest ones use a good driver cleaner and clear out the old ones first. You don't want to know how much #### bits of old driver can cause. Last open up the case on your box and using a can of compressed air clean off any and all fans and the MoBo.

Snowfalcon13 KRTS Reno, NV. The Valley of Speed/PMDG Beta Test Team

Windows 10 64 Pro/AMD Ryzen 3700X 8 core 3.5GHZ, ASUS ROG Strix B450-F, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO M2 Cdrive, 1TB SSD D Drive, P3D V4.5/P3D V5 HF2

32 GB  DDR 3200 RAM/Radeon RX 5700XT 8GB

Guest slydon

Why in the world would I want to cut back on memory???????The nvidea is a card.

Guest Spud

>Why in the world would I want to cut back on memory???????>The nvidea is a card. Because 2.5 gigs of ram is not "normal". 2 gigs, or 3 gigs...That was what I was drawn to right away as a possible problem....