Sign in to follow this  
outermarker

If you're suffering from micro-stutters & bad performance...

...uninstall World Update 15: Nordics & Greenland! Raul @simbol has recently made me aware of this and sure enough he was absolutely right.

For weeks now the performance of my sim had been so much worse than after SU13 (I had really bad micro-stutters and overall significantly lower FPS) and I was convinced it was introduced by SU14.

I tried everything I could but eventually gave up until I saw this comment from Raul on the FSReborn Discord a few days ago: "I cannot explain it technically, but, with WU 15, nordics we found stutters appeared all over the world. You could be flying in USA with WU 15 and get pretty much constant stuttering on simple aircraft such as default asobo airplanes and constant ABOs on anything, even the default SR22T. Was supper bad on Xbox-S of course, but affected X as well"

I'm not using an Xbox but I thought I'll give this a try anyway and I cannot believe how much of a difference this has made!! Not only are the micro-stutters almost completely gone but I've also regained the roughly 25-50% FPS I've been missing.

If your sim performance has recently been worse than before you need to try uninstalling WU15!

Cheers

Edited by OuterMarker
  • Like 1

Raul is talking about WU15, but you're referring to SU13 and SU14. Is it still only WU15 that we can try uninstalling?

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

2 minutes ago, Adamski_NZ said:

Raul is talking about WU15, but you're referring to SU13 and SU14. Is it still only WU15 that we can try uninstalling?

Yes, I thought it was related to SU14 (nothing you could do about) when it was instead related to WU15.

28 minutes ago, OuterMarker said:

Yes, I thought it was related to SU14 (nothing you could do about) when it was instead related to WU15.

Thanks for clearing that up ... I'll give it a try and report back!

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

40 minutes ago, Adamski_NZ said:

Thanks for clearing that up ... I'll give it a try and report back!

I'm feeling a little dubious about this, but if you and a few others start coming to the same conclusions, then I will seriously think about uninstalling WU15 as well until ASOBO can identify what is going on.  I assume that someone has raised a ticket on Zendesk 

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

34 minutes ago, mspencer said:

It just sounds too much like placebo effect to me…

If microstutters disappearing and FPS increasing by up to 50% sounds like placebo effect to you I'm not sure what to tell you. I've been flightsimming since '96 so I think I can differentiate between placebo tweaks and actual significant improvements. Your milage may vary, I'm using a 5800X3D with a 2080TI and my sim is finally enjoyable again. If your sim is performing worse than it did a few months ago you'll have a good chance that this is the reason why.

From Raul: "It is the reason why we put in the user manual to get rid of WU15, the settings and recommendations inside FSR500 user manual are the results of intensive tests for 1 month on Xbox prior to the .lite liveries; Removed WU15 and stability came back worldwide. In our tests WU15 was the worst offender."

Edited by OuterMarker

Didn't see a noticeable difference on mine. I'm sure it's a YMMV thing.

2 hours ago, OuterMarker said:

"the results of intensive tests for 1 month on Xbox"

I don't have or fly on an Xbox. and haven't noticed any problems on my pc after WU15. even if I fly MSFS and xplane12 simultaneously side by side on the same pc. 🤣 

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

14 minutes ago, chapstick said:

Didn't see a noticeable difference on mine. I'm sure it's a YMMV thing.

Would you mind sharing what CPU and GPU you're using?

12 minutes ago, OuterMarker said:

Would you mind sharing what CPU and GPU you're using?

5800x3d/3080ti

I dont notice and drop whatever WU might have done since I cap my FPS to 38. But will keep an eye on this and see where it goes, definitely worth trying 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12650H + RTX 3050

I fly in the Nordics all the time and the only thing I have noted is better graphics since WU15 because of the updated Bing maps, but no problems what so ever with stutter and fps.

• Upvote 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

I've recently decided to install pretty much all of the WUs.

Until then I only installed WU8 - Iberia (Portugal & Spain). Didn't install only Oceania and Canada, nor did I yet install the Caribbean (but plan to).

Sim is smooth as silk just as always, in my now rather "basic" rig (signature) with FSR3 Frame Generation ON in my RTX 3060 Ti, so I think it's not related to SU 15 ...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Uninstaller since July 2012 when MS ceased development of MS FLIGHT...