Sign in to follow this  
outermarker

If you're suffering from micro-stutters & bad performance...

Something that might not have been mentioned in this thread (haven't re-read it) - is whether one uses the latest nvidia hotfix driver. Sorry if it's already been mentioned. 

Keep in mind that I've had a 1yr+ break from flight simming, so I'm not exactly up to date on a huge number of stuff 😉

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

yes, we discussed that in a separate thread that has scrolled off the main forum page already, while you were gone. 

therefore: ego te absolvo! and welcome back in micro stutter paradise.

and if you have a WMR VR headset, you need to check this out:

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

10 minutes ago, turbomax said:

welcome back in micro stutter paradise

Thanks turbo! Good to be back 🙂

Before updating the sim a few days ago, I was still on SU11 - there's an overwhelming amount of info to catch up on. 

Not 100% related to this thread - is there a concensus on new mods, like dynamic LOD & DLSS swapper? 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

4 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

is there a concensus on new mods, like dynamic LOD & DLSS swapper? 

my private consensus is: since you have a very powerful system you won't need either. but if you like to experiment and fiddle with an otherwise stable well running system. go ahead ....

the most important info was MSFS 2024, but you know that already? weren't you going into VR and getting a Pimax Crystal?

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

@turbomax I'll hold off on the apps for now, performance incl. lack of stuttering seems fine after a few test flights. 

Nope re: VR. I used it briefly in XP11, but decided it wasn't for me for various reason, and sold the headset (an Oculus Rift IIRC). 

On 2/7/2024 at 11:19 PM, OuterMarker said:

Yes, I thought it was related to SU14 (nothing you could do about) when it was instead related to WU15.

Incorrect I'm afraid, it was widely reported during the Beta that SU14 lost performance, uninstalling WU15 made no difference as people were actively removing all WUs/CUs at the time and testing.

If removing a WU improves performance for you/others then there could be something else at play, personally having tested this already I saw zero difference (unfortunately!).

• Like 2

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

2 hours ago, MarcG said:

Incorrect I'm afraid, it was widely reported during the Beta that SU14 lost performance, uninstalling WU15 made no difference as people were actively removing all WUs/CUs at the time and testing.

If removing a WU improves performance for you/others then there could be something else at play, personally having tested this already I saw zero difference (unfortunately!).

Yeah, you're probably right. I reinstalled WU15 and it feels like the stutters have gotten worse again, but not as bad as before, so maybe something else was wrong on my first install. I've been using the dynamic LOD tool since then, and that certainly helps. Hopes are high for the next sim update, the previews looked promising.

• Like 1

So I know this is going to sound Placebo and completely absurd but it "feels" because I have no way to quantify that after WU15 the amounts of objects showing up in detail has increased.  More trees, more 3-d Grass, more objects within the LOD zone.  I haven't changed any settings or any LOD setting but there definitely "appears" to be more objects and I am wondering if that is contributing to the stutters.  Once I am off the ground the normal fluidity seems to resume.  I don't use any adaptive LOD or Rolling Cache so bone stock config options only.

Like I said, probably just placebo and making things up but it just seems to be more detail and objects as I look around.  

Edited by psolk

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

9 minutes ago, psolk said:

So I know this is going to sound Placebo and completely absurd but it "feels" because I have no way to quantify that after WU15 the amounts of objects showing up in detail has increased.  More trees, more 3-d Grass, more objects within the LOD zone.  I haven't changed any settings or any LOD setting but there definitely "appears" to be more objects and I am wondering if that is contributing to the stutters.  Once I am off the ground the normal fluidity seems to resume.  I don't use any adaptive LOD or Rolling Cache so bone stock config options only.

Like I said, probably just placebo and making things up but it just seems to be more detail and objects as I look around.  

If you can be bothered, you could always take a few before/after WU15 screenshots and do a comparison.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Experimenting a little with the dynamic LOD mod in the eternal quest for holy grail performance. Very easy to set up, I'll probably keep it. Not really necessary to have a high TLOD at low altitudes + the step max feature is pretty smart as it changes TLOD incrementally to reduce the chance of stutters. 

I'm happy with the performance as it is now. Still on the Canada WU - it'll be interesting to see if performance changes after upgrading to WU15 (doesn't make sense that it should though). 

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Keep in mind that I've had a 1yr+ break from flight simming, so I'm not exactly up to date on a huge number of stuff 😉

But it sure is nice to see you back Cpt. Piett. Good to know the Empire didn't give you the old send off for losing the Falcon again 😁😉

• Like 4

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

Captain Piett is a reminder of the glory days of Star Wars. Oh, how standards have slipped since then :sad:

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

17 hours ago, turbomax said:

yes, we discussed that in a separate thread that has scrolled off the main forum page already, while you were gone. 

therefore: ego te absolvo! and welcome back in micro stutter paradise.

and if you have a WMR VR headset, you need to check this out:

As I use the NV Freestyle filters I did not install the Hotfix yet as it removes the settings after each restart 

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

14 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Experimenting a little with the dynamic LOD mod in the eternal quest for holy grail performance. Very easy to set up, I'll probably keep it. Not really necessary to have a high TLOD at low altitudes + the step max feature is pretty smart as it changes TLOD incrementally to reduce the chance of stutters. 

I'm happy with the performance as it is now. Still on the Canada WU - it'll be interesting to see if performance changes after upgrading to WU15 (doesn't make sense that it should though). 

Hey Welcome Back !

I have just been using the dynamic LOD mod and I love it, never bothered with the DLSS swapper as I run TLAA. I did update my Nvidia drivers to the latest version and the sim is wonderfully smooth but currently NVIDIA filters are broken and do not save properly. I did find a workaround and that is once you add the filters and make the changes you want at the end of your sim sesion delete them, next time you fire up the sim re add them in the same sequence, they come back with the correct settings. I also took pics as well just in case.

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png