Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

ImagineSim Atlanta Updated.

Since they took to FaceBook to market their wares, I posted there, asking about the missing details... so far nothing.  I hope they read here and there, and decide to finish this half baked update.  I appreciate them working on it, but would really appreciate an accurate representation of KATL.

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

It's bah humbug and not looking very good...

Darryl

Maybe I'm a little slow here, but I'm a little puzzled as to why is this 'labeled' as a "free" update? Isn't it an update to ImagineSim's KATL scenery, which is payware? Or is it a huge extensive update, which could/should require addtional payment, but is released for free? - if that made sense...

Again, sorry for being slow here... 🙂

Edited by anden145

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

41 minutes ago, anden145 said:

Maybe I'm a little slow here, but I'm a little puzzled as to why is this 'labeled' as a "free" update? Isn't it an update to ImagineSim's KATL scenery, which is payware? Or is it a huge extensive update, which could/should require addtional payment, but is released for free? - if that made sense...

Again, sorry for being slow here... 🙂

The update is free for all who own the full product.

• Like 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

For those that don't own.................continue to do so. 

Eric 

2 hours ago, cavaricooper said:

Since they took to FaceBook to market their wares, I posted there, asking about the missing details... so far nothing.  I hope they read here and there, and decide to finish this half baked update.  I appreciate them working on it, but would really appreciate an accurate representation of KATL.

yes for years they have resisted having their own forum or even discord.  I scratch my head on this update.  One would think since posting on facebook they had the "hand crafted killer".  But it honestly doesn't look like much of any update at all.   They are a very weird company in the  manner they engage the market.  They could have reached out and got all sorts of help from their users.  But instead they didn't and appear to have no idea to the state of the 2024 KATL.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

A simple check of the free FAA charts, or even Google Earth would have been useful to @Imaginesim.... can't for the life of me figure out why they took the time to "update" and ended up with this...

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Considering some of the airports that already have a high quality option for MSFS, it’s borderline shocking that none of the top tier developers have made KATL a priority. Maybe we’ll all be pleasantly surprised with a quality rendition in the near future.

Cheers, Pete 

• Upvote 1

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

19 hours ago, cavaricooper said:

A simple check of the free FAA charts, or even Google Earth would have been useful to @Imaginesim.... can't for the life of me figure out why they took the time to "update" and ended up with this...

In my opinion this was a simple marketing move to promote sales for their newly released WSSS, in the sense of "See here, we do frequent updates to all our sceneries!".

Gosh, I hope it's just sheer incompetence, and will get rectified.  As a "marketing move" this is akin to a fart in a Space Suit.

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

17 hours ago, PilotPete99 said:

Considering some of the airports that already have a high quality option for MSFS, it’s borderline shocking that none of the top tier developers have made KATL a priority. Maybe we’ll all be pleasantly surprised with a quality rendition in the near future.

Cheers, Pete 

Same can be said of KDFW.  No one has decided to tackle either.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

I certainly will not purchase anything from ImagineSim again, should they sit on their hands about this. Terrible business practice to promise an update and deliver rubbish. Silence would have been much better.

• Upvote 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

20 hours ago, PilotPete99 said:

Cheers, Pete 

I’m quite surprised that BMW/AMSim have not done it yet.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Eric 

I'm also surprised about AmSim not doing it yet.  Seems like one they would do.  

The most disappointing thing with imaginesim (other than the scenery itself) is how they communicate with the market.  They make a big series of announcements on facebook.  Respond to a few comments, but largely ignore the bulk of them.  I'm sure they are embarrassed they missed so many things.  But a simple "we are working on a south end around taxiway" would have helped their image.  If they had a proper forum or discord they could likely get substantial help from local atlanta people.  But they don't appear to be interested.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

They don’t need a forum- just to be slightly interested in actually representing the current airport- the FAA and Google would give them all that was needed for FREE… of course it would actually require them to do the work.

Horrendous strategy IMHO. Hopefully someone involved at@ImagineSim is reading here and on FB.

Edited by cavaricooper
  • Upvote 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper