Sign in to follow this  
bobcat999

Expecting an SU15 beta release this week...

...Starting with tomorrow (Tuesday) as the first candidate for a release date 

They are keen on their 'update Tuesdays', and considering they want to release SU15 around mid-March, they need to release a beta 'flighting' around about now to allow enough time for testing.

Considering the amount of good content / improvements in this Sim Update, are there any non-beta flyers out there tempted to sign up to the beta programme test this?

My highlights to test will be the better ground handling, the performance optimisations on the flat screens (thanks to Working Title), and the memory optimisation to help reduce stuttering.
And you never know, they might shoe-horn in some of the missing water masks from the recent world update. :biggrin:

I won't be expecting the reinsertion of the IniBuilds A320Neo at this stage though, as they seem to have their hands full at the moment.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 5

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I'll be ready when they are. Never missed a beta.

• Like 6

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

4 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

...Starting with tomorrow (Tuesday) as the first candidate for a release date 

They are keen on their 'update Tuesdays', and considering they want to release SU15 around mid-March, they need to release a beta 'flighting' around about now to allow enough time for testing.

Considering the amount of good content / improvements in this Sim Update, are there any non-beta flyers out there tempted to sign up to the beta programme test this?

My highlights to test will be the better ground handling, the performance optimisations on the flat screens (thanks to Working Title), and the memory optimisation to help reduce stuttering.
And you never know, they might shoe-horn in some of the missing water masks from the recent world update. :biggrin:

I won't be expecting the reinsertion of the IniBuilds A320Neo at this stage though, as they seem to have their hands full at the moment.

Isnt that update coming in March?????

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

5 minutes ago, DMullert said:

Usually the betas run for a few weeks before release.

12 minutes ago, DMullert said:

Yes, that was in my text above Dennis.  You must have skipped over it...

"...considering they want to release SU15 around mid-March, they need to release a beta 'flighting' around about now to allow enough time for testing."

Recently the beta's have been running for about 4 to 6 weeks before the full release, so it's getting late!

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

19 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

My highlights to test will be the better ground handling, ...

Have they confirmed anywhere that this is slated for SU15? I got the feeling from the recent Q&A they were being ambiguous as to SU15 vs SU16. Also per most recent feedback snapshot https://www.flightsimulator.com/february-1st-2024-development-update/ ground handling is not listed among the other items slated for SU15. In any case, the only aircraft we'd be able to actually test the improvements with is the C172 I believe, then need to wait on whatever other default aircraft MS/Asobo update later, and on 3rd party aircraft devs (because to leverage the improvements aircraft devs need to utilize the five new FM parameters).

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

59 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

No chance! I'll be on the quayside, waving you brave beta-testers off to the front lines. 😂

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

1 hour ago, lwt1971 said:

Have they confirmed anywhere that this is slated for SU15?

No, and nothing is for definite, but Seb from Asobo had this working and demonstrated it a few twitch sessions ago and said it was on its way soon - seemed to be working well in his video of it. 
He also said it is just a bit of copy and paste in a config file for developers, and three aircraft in his MSFS test version already have it, the C172 you mentioned being one of them. 

Talk of the other stuff due in SU15, such as the performance improvements were in the twitch session after the one about the ground handling.  They are about a month apart.  So it seems reasonable to expect it in SU15.

This is the first SU after Seb's improved ground handling demo, so I am hopeful, but nothing is for definite Len as we know.  

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Paul K said:

No chance! I'll be on the quayside, waving you brave beta-testers off to the front lines. 😂

Well, I may yet be coming back to the quay with a broken propeller shaft, so we will see how it goes.  Keep a pint of grog ready for me just in case!  :biggrin:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

Yes, that was in my text above Dennis.  You must have skipped over it...

"...considering they want to release SU15 around mid-March, they need to release a beta 'flighting' around about now to allow enough time for testing."

Recently the beta's have been running for about 4 to 6 weeks before the full release, so it's getting late!

Sure Did LOLOL.  Apologies.

• Like 1

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

3 minutes ago, DMullert said:

Sure Did LOLOL.  Apologies.

No problem.  All the threads and info are hard to keep up with at times.  I have to speed-read through many pages every time I come on here, otherwise I wouldn't have a life. 
Then again, with nothing but MSFS and infernal distant family bothering me, I am not sure I have!  :unsure:

Edited by bobcat999

1 hour ago, Paul K said:

Yep, learned my lesson back when the beta content was the Longitude beta. Wrecked my sim install and had to install from scratch again - took a whole day and lost all my settings, which in some ways was worse than having to reinstall.

• Like 1

The highlight for me will be the improved memory management. The last remaining performance issue I have is an occasional five second pause usually after takeoff. Apart from that the sim runs smooth as silk.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

The highlight for me will be the improved memory management. The last remaining performance issue I have is an occasional five second pause usually after takeoff. Apart from that the sim runs smooth as silk.

This is shaping up to be (possibly) the single greatest flight sim update ever released!

• Like 2