Sign in to follow this  
Rob G

This looks very interesting to me...

• Upvote 1

Case: (Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic XL), PSU: (MEG Ai300p pcie 5 & ATX 3.0), Motherboard: (ASUS TUF Gaming x670E-PLUS WIFI 6E), CPU: (AMD Ryzen 7 7800-X3D) 

Memory: (G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6000), GPU: (Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 AMP Extreme Airo). CPU Cooler: (ASUS ROG Strix LC RGB 360) 

Fans: (7 Corsair LL Series 120mm RGB)

They lost me at 30 bucks a month.... but I can see why it appeals to some. I think in a few years time something like this will be freeware given the rapid increase in AI.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

It does sound very natural, but not working with other traffic plus the high probability that most of what they’re selling will be in the sim by default at some point (given MS’ investments / holdings in AI) are non-starters. And then we need to talk about that eye-watering pricing…

• Like 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

So... from what I've understood it's GA and VFR only (and in the US only for now too), it doesn't see or interact with AI traffic at all (so why is it called an ATC-addon then...?) and it costs... 30 bucks a month...?!? They can't be serious. This must be a joke. LOL Seriously! They gotta be kidding! I wouldn't even pay 30 bucks a month for BATC, let alone this piece of er... software. My goodness. The things they come up with these days...

Edited by tup61
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

yeah I think they'll have to look at that ! 

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

I just subscribed yesterday, thinking, heck I spent a lot of money on useless addons over the years so why not waste more on something I never seen before in a flightsim. Always been too unsecure to be on vatsim so the product kinda, fits me because I always  dreamed of talking to ATC. Tried speech recognition based addons before but they never seemed to like my voice so hard to work with and they all catered to IFR, wich I never really been to deep into.

Omg, this is something completly different, I had never taugh I would be scared to talk to AI ATC, f…. to me it felt like going from 2d screen to VR, to make an analogy:p. Felt like i was speaking to a got word not allowed real person! Its the most immersive offline ATC experience I ever heard.

Had an eperience with the controller, where I said something wrong and got a big verbal lesson and he was really angry at me, almost word not allowed my pants lol

Yes its limited, it doesnt guide AI aircraft around you, but I turned of all ai traffic, went on talking to this «thing» and never felt more company in the air ever in a flighsim, it felt like I was joined by an entity of some weird kind.:p

I dont know but Im sold, think this machine learning AI things gonna be the next big thing for us simmers when it evolves, crazy times.

Think also this is the tool I needed to one day take the leap and fly GA on vatsim:)

Edited by Kaboki
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kaboki said:

I just subscribed yesterday, thinking, heck I spent a lot of money on useless addons over the years so why not waste more on something I never seen before in a flightsim. Always been too unsecure to be on vatsim so the product kinda, fits me because I always  dreamed of talking to ATC. Tried speech recognition based addons before but they never seemed to like my voice so hard to work with and they all catered to IFR, wich I never really been to deep into.

Omg, this is something completly different, I had never taugh I would be scared to talk to AI ATC, f…. to me it felt like going from 2d screen to VR, to make an analogy:p. Felt like i was speaking to a got word not allowed real person! Its the most immersive offline ATC experience I ever heard.

Yes its limited, it doesnt guide AI aircraft around you, but I turned of all ai traffic, went on talking to this «thing» and never felt more company in the air ever in a flighsim, it felt like I was joined by an entity of some weird kind.:p

I dont know but Im sold, think this machine learning AI things gonna be the next big thing for us simmers when it evolves, crazy times.

Think also this is the tool I needed to one day take the leap and fly GA on vatsim:)

Good for you! I can imagine it adds something but... are you seriously considering to pay 30 dollars each and every month for this? It's all up to you, of course, haha, but I find it hard to imagine someone is willing to pay that much money for this. Just curious. (And I still wonder what's the use of ATC if there are no airplanes around you... specially when flying VFR. Yes, okay, there is 'en entity' to keep you company but if that's all... Again, just curious. 😉 )

Thre's a queue system to get onto the (paid) beta.  I received my invitation late last week but haven't taken the step to subscribing at $30 a month yet 😬   I really like what it offers.... but the pricing is just not right.  In their FAQ they state "we're not making much if any money from this, because of the wholesale cost of the AI access.... maybe enough for a couple of addons per month..", but I find that hard to believe at $30 per person month.

I'm guessing my invitation will expire soon....

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

13 minutes ago, tup61 said:

Good for you! I can imagine it adds something but... are you seriously considering to pay 30 dollars each and every month for this? It's all up to you, of course, haha, but I find it hard to imagine someone is willing to pay that much money for this. Just curious. (And I still wonder what's the use of ATC if there are no airplanes around you... specially when flying VFR. Yes, okay, there is 'en entity' to keep you company but if that's all... Again, just curious. 😉 )

Dunno what happend, like i said for me it was like when I went from 2d to vr(when it comes to offline atc service for VFR), there no way going back.. each to his own I guess, and to much money to waste ahaha. 

The dev has plans too make hes own ai traffic that will be guided by this thing. So just wanna support it and see where it goes I guess:)

Edited by Kaboki
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, tup61 said:

$360 a year.....Ridiculous. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

5 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

$360 a year.....Ridiculous. 

No no, not correct, if you pay for a year upfront it'll only cost you $299.95!

I still agree with the ridiculous part of your post though. 😉

Cracks me up to hear of people willing to pay $30/mo for ATC?  When I said here I would be willing to pay a monthly subscription fee if it was needed to keep MS in the game w/ MSFS I'd happily do it--and boy did I get scolded for admitting that here!  They're nuts at $30/mo and I think it's a nearly a foregone conclusion we will see MS/A exploit AI as well going forward.  I've always believed MSFS ATC was essentially in placeholder status.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

31 minutes ago, Noel said:

Cracks me up to hear of people willing to pay $30/mo for ATC?  When I said here I would be willing to pay a monthly subscription fee if it was needed to keep MS in the game w/ MSFS I'd happily do it--and boy did I get scolded for admitting that here!  They're nuts at $30/mo and I think it's a nearly a foregone conclusion we will see MS/A exploit AI as well going forward.  I've always believed MSFS ATC was essentially in placeholder status.

Shows how difficult ATC is. Look at the posts in the last 6 months ago, with BATC and VOX promising new programs for MSFS,  and here it is approaching the end of the first quarter of 2024, and so far, nothing. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I thought primary role of ATC is separate IFR traffic, making it purely VFR doesn't make much sense to me.

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI