Sign in to follow this  
Tuskin38

The Free and Optional Dune Expansion is Out

7 hours ago, abennett said:

so many core issues with the sim that time/money could be spent on instead

I respectfully disagree. It'll be like abolishing world hunger and war first before the space program or perfecting MSFS for the PC first before doing XBox.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Rune-ENHD said:

Westwood *did start* the Strategy-era for me! 😊 they also did the C&C

For the longest time I was into Yuri's Revenge, then graduated to Forged Alliance, and now WARNO (as real as it gets in strategy games).

Question for those who've installed the Dune pack: Does it add the Ornithopter to your aircraft list? I've installed the free pack and done thd tutorials and first challenge, but it seems the only way to get access to the Ornithopter is through the Dune activity. I don't see it as an additional aircraft I can use for a free flight in the sim.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

25 minutes ago, odourboy said:

Question for those who've installed the Dune pack: Does it add the Ornithopter to your aircraft list? I've installed the free pack and done thd tutorials and first challenge, but it seems the only way to get access to the Ornithopter is through the Dune activity. I don't see it as an additional aircraft I can use for a free flight in the sim.

Yes, for me, I can access thru the world menu and fly it from any airport.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, hs118 said:

Yes, for me, I can access thru the world menu and fly it from any airport.

Hmmm... I thought it was odd. Thanks. Now how to resolve this???

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

1 hour ago, odourboy said:

I've installed the free pack and done thd tutorials and first challenge

launching the Thopter from KLAX was the easy part (my screenshot above) but I haven't managed to land on a landing pad in the cave nor in the desert. how did you do that? 

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

Cue:  "Ornithopter sound package is definitely not correct."

LOL!

Hey, for those of you who think us old guys and serious simmers,  won't like this, I used play Dune with my son on MS-DOS. It was awesome and it created some really good bonding that neither his mother or his sister could quite understand.  On a side note, my son convinced me to go to Steam when I was adamant that I wanted a disk and manual that no one could take away from me.  I immensely disliked the whole 'download' thing. (Of course, dial up didn't help!!) .  But he converted me and now MSFS amongst a whole lot of other stuff is in my Steam folder along with old DUNE!! 

My son lives in Singapore now and plays MSFS occasionally but I can see some multiplayer time coming up shortly as we fly over the Dune together once again!!  Thanks for the gift MS👍.

Cheers

Terry

Edited by Lord Farringdon
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 1

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.   

11 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

Fly without rythm, and you wont attract the worm.....

Reminds me of this from UK comedy comic Viz, referencing a popular sitcom about a married couple eponymously titled ‘Terry and June’:

spacer.png

• Like 5

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

7 hours ago, odourboy said:

Now how to resolve this???

This way?

3.jpg

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, sidfadc said:

Why the heck does this graphic not disappear after the 3,2,1,GO countdown on the Desert Run activity???

EDIT:  Same thing on all the missions???  What the....conflict with something?

Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-Screenshot-20

Yep, I've got it too. Makes the missions extra hard when you can't see what's directly in front of you!!! I recall this being a problem with the Top Gun add on too. Took an update to fix it.  

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.   

I'm puzzled with this update. It makes absolutely zero sense and now i have that dreaded "loading circle animation" on the bottom right corner once again.

Thanks Microsoft, it's almost an arcade game now, keep going.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

2 hours ago, Reader said:

This way?

3.jpg

Worth a try. It does not appear in my aircraft selection list but I didn't know what to use as a  search term.

8 hours ago, turbomax said:

launching the Thopter from KLAX was the easy part (my screenshot above) but I haven't managed to land on a landing pad in the cave nor in the desert. how did you do that? 

Airbrake! I need to find a way to bind it to my stick though. It's awkward with mouse.

• Like 1

Quite comical when all the Serious Simmers ™️ who just can't stand having their fake-planes-in-a-computer environment associated with these kinds of free optional add-ons (that they don't really need to install) come on here and whine 🤣 ... similar to those who can't stand that XBox and XBox users (who're all apparently the opposite of their serious-ness) are associated with MSFS 🙂 

• Like 10

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

11 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

Quite comical when all the Serious Simmers ™️ who just can't stand having their fake-planes-in-a-computer environment associated with these kinds of free optional add-ons (that they don't really need to install) come on here and whine 🤣 ... similar to those who can't stand that XBox and XBox users (who're all apparently the opposite of their serious-ness) are associated with MSFS 🙂 

I guess it comes with the times. I'm not a "serious simmer" as you describe them, but it's just out of place in my mind.

Whatever.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11