Sign in to follow this  
Greazer

Pressure is on Asobo Studio

Pressure!  They will be laughing at that if they see this thread.  :laugh:  I don't think they know what pressure is, or care much for it if they do.  They do what they want at the speed they want.  

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

On 2/16/2024 at 10:59 PM, Greazer said:

So far, we don't have a timeframe for FSR 3 (official)

It is rumoured that Asobo are trying to include it with SU15. 

Game Studios around the world are increasingly adding FSR 3 support with many more titles in the pipeline.

But if Asobo fail to deliver with SU15 (March 12) it will be many more months for the next Sim Update, and simmers will have to wait.

Pressure is on Asobo studio right now.

Games with FSR 3
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Farming Simulator 22
Forspoken
Immortals of Aveum
Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name
Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth
Mortal Online 2
MotorCubs RC
Starfield (Beta Update)
Starship Troopers: Extermination
The Talos Principle 2

Games with FSR 3 (Coming Soon)
The Alters
Black Myth: Wukong
Crimson Desert
Cyberpunk 2077
Dying Light 2 Stay Human
EVE Online
Frostpunk 2
House Flipper 2
Nightingale
Pax Dei
REMNANT II
Squad
The Thaumaturge
Warhammer 40,000: Darktide
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2
Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Realms of Ruin

A crisis in your mind 🙂

• Like 2

18 hours ago, sidfadc said:

FG doesn’t work well?  Have you actually tried it??  Absolute game changer and best thing that’s happened in he flight sim world at a technical level for decades IMO

I agree, FG is great.  It is almost a certainty that some content provider said it wasn't good and now people just repeat it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Lucky38i said:

It’s good because it can potentially provide increased longevity into older cards

By longevity means the lifespan of a GPU? Is it not allegedly the other way around?

Edited by History

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12650H + RTX 3050

4 hours ago, Reader said:

It indicates that they did not answer the question.

The question was: "AMD fluid motion fames have been available in preview drivers for several weeks now and FSR3 is available now in many games. Reports from users are very positive. Can we be assured that this new technology will be made available within MSFS soon, if so, when might it be ready?"

Pretty obvious the question was answered 🙂 .. firstly they chose the question from hundreds submitted, secondly they said yes it's in the works and they're working closely with AMD, and thirdly they said no they won't give a timeline. Not giving timelines just because users ask for it does not equate to not answering the question. And as already said, not giving a timeline or the fact it's not yet out speaks nothing about their ability to do it or their relationship with AMD, it just speaks to this item not being as high a priority as other items on their backlog.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 3

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

3 hours ago, History said:

By longevity means the lifespan of a GPU? Is it not allegedly the other way around?

What would, "the other way around" be?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

5 minutes ago, Mace said:

What would, "the other way around" be?

Some opine it increases load and heat

6 hours ago, Tierborn said:

I agree, FG is great.  It is almost a certainty that some content provider said it wasn't good and now people just repeat it.

It wasn't a content provider that made me abandon the non-official frame gen mod.  I largely have disdain for most YouTube personalities and am not led to follow.

It was really poor, blurry resolution of the G1000, GNS530/430 and GTN750 that led me not to use it.

You know, pretty tangible things, rather than assumptions that people are led by donkeys like most typical Youtube FS content creators.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

1 hour ago, JYW said:

It wasn't a content provider that made me abandon the non-official frame gen mod.  I largely have disdain for most YouTube personalities and am not led to follow.

It was really poor, blurry resolution of the G1000, GNS530/430 and GTN750 that led me not to use it.

You know, pretty tangible things, rather than assumptions that people are led by donkeys like most typical Youtube FS content creators.

Try DLSS + TAA (not DLAA). That has been absolutely great on my machine, no issues with blurry displays. 

• Like 2

What? There is absolutely zero pressure on Asobo. What are people going to do, move over to the competitor product that doesn't have FSR3 either? Flat out stop flying because of it? Bit of a loaded statement.

• Like 2

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

5 hours ago, History said:

Some opine it increases load and heat

Imagine you have a 1080 that’s starting to show its age in the average frame times you’re getting. FG just jumps in and significantly improves that frametime. So even at the cost of increased load/heat you’ve essentially improved the useful longevity of your card. 

The other option is buying a new card, so imo increased heat and load (marginally) it’s a pretty cheap cost.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Lucky38i said:

Imagine you have a 1080 that’s starting to show its age in the average frame times you’re getting. FG just jumps in and significantly improves that frametime. So even at the cost of increased load/heat you’ve essentially improved the useful longevity of your card. 

The other option is buying a new card, so imo increased heat and load (marginally) it’s a pretty cheap cost.

1080? Running a 1060! 🙂

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

7 hours ago, Lucky38i said:

Ok. See if I got it right, did you actually mean, "Optimizing the remnant of an older GPU lifespan" instead of prolonging any GPU's longevity per se?

Edited by History

On 2/17/2024 at 9:09 PM, crimplene said:

Read his answer again. DLSS upscaling can make the display a bit blurry. DLSS3 Frame generation does not. You can use it with TAA and without any upscaling, hence without blurryness.

I have, that's not what I'm talking about. He said DLAA makes displays blurry, however DLSS makes displays blurry for me. Obviously, I can't use DLSS with TAA, it's either or.

I'm not talking about DLSS3. Although maybe he was; it's confusing when people leave the 3 out. Even then, it's still DLSS (not 3) that makes displays blurry.

• Like 2

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

If FSR 3 comes with the next Sim Update at mid year, simmers are naturally going to be asking a lot of questions.

Why are all these other game studios rolling this out, but they (Asobo) are taking many months? Have they lost some developer talent or have a compromised budget due to FS2024 schedule?  

One would expect their reputation as a game studio to take a hit, if there's such a delay.

See what happens.