Sign in to follow this  
btacon

New Fly The Maddog Release - 0222202

Changelog below,

-B

a new build for MSFS2020 (1.2b183) is now available for download from your SimMarket account, here is the changelog:

>>>FIXED
- fixed issue that could cause T/O trim setting not to work on second flight leg;
- fixed issue that could cause aircraft not to be loaded on second flight leg;
- fixed issue with trim sometimes not saved in turnaround mode;
- fixed issue with ADF/NAV ident volume set;
- fixed issue when pressing TO/GA that caused FMS to sequence route to MISAP when not on approach mode;
- fixed issue of aircraft loosing too much altitude when initiating an AUT G/A;
- fixed issue when loading a saved flight.

>>>OTHER
- added working briefcase and map lights for both CM1/2 sides;
- added working overhead speaker volume knob;
- added WindowShades variable to maddogx.ini (0=auto, 1=always open).

Download the new installer and run it as administrator: your build will be automatically upgraded to latest version, keepening all your settings, airframes and profiles.

NOTE
To correctly register Fly the Maddog X MD-82, enter your email address in the 'Email' field, your registration number in the 'Product Registration Number for Fly the Maddog X MD-82' field, leave the 'Enable Key' field blank and click on 'Register'!

Edited by btacon
  • Like 4

Hopefully one day they consider putting this airplane on sale from time to time.  It's an excellent airplane.  One of my favorites in the hangar.  However the price scares some people away.  Not to mention that there is a decent size of people in the community who for whatever reason do not like to fly mostly retired aircraft.  Of course I'm not one of them. 

• Like 7
  • Upvote 4

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Well  , lets go for a leg

If you are into oldies then this is by defination goddies

Michael Moe

• Like 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

53 minutes ago, micstatic said:

Hopefully one day they consider putting this airplane on sale from time to time.  It's an excellent airplane.  One of my favorites in the hangar.  However the price scares some people away.  Not to mention that there is a decent size of people in the community who for whatever reason do not like to fly mostly retired aircraft.  Of course I'm not one of them. 

you couldn't be more right. This is an aircraft I would surely buy if it was on sale.

As this is not an aircraft I would use as often as the PMDG 737 or Fenix A320, IMHO the price is too expensive right now. Also the quality is maybe not as good compared to PMDG / Fenix.

I might not be the the only one thinking that so with a 25% or 30% discount, I'm sure Leonardo would rack some extra sales that they would never have otherwise.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

I really wish they would do a freighter variant. A good number of MD80s still airworthy are freighters so it would make perfect sense to do a separate cargo model.   

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sdirand said:

you couldn't be more right. This is an aircraft I would surely buy if it was on sale.

As this is not an aircraft I would use as often as the PMDG 737 or Fenix A320, IMHO the price is too expensive right now. Also the quality is maybe not as good compared to PMDG / Fenix.

I might not be the the only one thinking that so with a 25% or 30% discount, I'm sure Leonardo would rack some extra sales that they would never have otherwise.

One thing for sure.  It's everybit as good as PMDG and fenix.  Textures a step down, but with the mod from flightsim.to it's good enough for now.  But I agree with your points

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

sound is only problem

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

In many ways it's better than the PMDG. And that's not an insult to PMDG, because their planes are stellar.

I like the fact that both are able to break. But even when I'm intentionally being a moron and trying to break the airplane, I have yet to set the PMDG's engine on fire. It's quite easy to do in the Maddog if you don't get the throttle / etc settings right. The standard flight-sim behavior of "push the throttle all the way to the stops, it'll be fine" absolutely does not work with the Maddog.

I've also noticed that startup temps are higher if your tail is facing the wind than if the nose is facing the wind, modeling the reduced airflow through the core on startup due to wind speed. That is... Awesome attention to detail.

Edited by eslader
  • Like 4

People talk about the graphics, but having been on quite a few MD-88 flight decks, I have to say that they really capture the true feel.  I haven 't checker her flight deck with VR Goggles (doing that tonight), that my change my opinion or may cement it.  We'll see!

The Maddog is just one of those incredible aircraft for those who love aviation. You can accurately interact with just about every system on the aircraft, and working through failures on a long trip is just, well, AWESOME.  The old Learn The Maddog videos and manuals are priceless, as are some of the newer videos.  Learning this incredible aircraft is just a labor of love for aviation, and you'll never, ever get bored with her.

Now, I've been on the Leonardo team since the FSX days, and I'm recently back after a 4 year break from flight sim due to some rather serious health related issues (and 4 weeks after being back... BOOM, emergency surgery to remove my galbladder... just a huge underwhelming "wow"... LOL).  Anyway, being away from the Dog gives me a chance to re-learn her, and I'm having the time of my life.

I get the price thing, I'll mention it, but given the detail to which this gal has been modeled and the ongoing work on her, I dunno what type of traction it will get.

Best wishes to all my fellow Maddog lovers... we are as special a bunch as the aircraft is!

Dave

• Like 13

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Dave , thank you for reaching out. Sorry to hear of your health issues, but certainly thankful you're back into the game. Just a thought about the "sale" topic. to test the waters, the sale could could be very limited for instance, 72 hours to five days. I think your team might be very pleasantly surprised as how the market may react. Understand your teams' talents need to be compensated, but instead of being rewarded over a period of several months, you might reach your goal in a few days. Just a thought. Anyway, glad you're back and many kudos to you and the team as I still enjoy the Leonardo product in FSX. Best of health to you  for a quick recovery...Terry

• Like 1

I9-10850K, Mugen 5 cooler, Gigagbyte Aorus Z490 Master, 2TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2, 1TB Samsung 970 Plus, 2TB Samsung 870evo, Corsair RM-850, G-Skill DDR-4 3600, Lian Li LanCool Mesh, Nvidia 4080FE, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, MFG Crosswind pedals, Win10 Pro

I’d certainly pick this up if it went on sale.  I’ve been looking at getting it for a while but haven’t been able to justify the cost to myself for a plane that is essentially a relic of the past.

Edited by okupton

Orman

1 hour ago, eslader said:

I have yet to set the PMDG's engine on fire. It's quite easy to do in the Maddog

Just a note:  unless you've manually placed the EECs in alternate mode, it'll be impossible to overtemp or over boost the PMDG engines.  Even with the EECs in alternate, it'll be tough.  It's just a more modern, robust engine with more built in protections, is all.  PMDG has modeled that well.

The Maddog  is absolutely a fantastic sim aircraft though... For my money, worth every penny as-is.  👍

• Like 4

Andrew Crowley

14 minutes ago, Simtech95382 said:

Dave , thank you for reaching out. Sorry to hear of your health issues, but certainly thankful you're back into the game. Just a thought about the "sale" topic. to test the waters, the sale could could be very limited for instance, 72 hours to five days. I think your team might be very pleasantly surprised as how the market may react. Understand your teams' talents need to be compensated, but instead of being rewarded over a period of several months, you might reach your goal in a few days. Just a thought. Anyway, glad you're back and many kudos to you and the team as I still enjoy the Leonardo product in FSX. Best of health to you  for a quick recovery...Terry

Many thanks my friend!  WILCO

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Ah guys, just passing this along.  The Maddog comes ALIVE in VR!  I really don't know exactly how to explain it, and I won't mention other payware names, but it's the most real I've ever experienced in VR!!!

As soon as I'm able to record it, I will post a video.  Man, it blows me away!

• Like 1

Dave Hodges

I consider myself a graphics freak or whatever lol but the graphic's are ok for me

1 hour ago, DaveCT2003 said:

People talk about the graphics, but having been on quite a few MD-88 flight decks, I have to say that they really capture the true feel.  I haven 't checker her flight deck with VR Goggles (doing that tonight), that my change my opinion or may cement it.  We'll see!

The Maddog is just one of those incredible aircraft for those who love aviation. You can accurately interact with just about every system on the aircraft, and working through failures on a long trip is just, well, AWESOME.  The old Learn The Maddog videos and manuals are priceless, as are some of the newer videos.  Learning this incredible aircraft is just a labor of love for aviation, and you'll never, ever get bored with her.

Now, I've been on the Leonardo team since the FSX days, and I'm recently back after a 4 year break from flight sim due to some rather serious health related issues (and 4 weeks after being back... BOOM, emergency surgery to remove my galbladder... just a huge underwhelming "wow"... LOL).  Anyway, being away from the Dog gives me a chance to re-learn her, and I'm having the time of my life.

I get the price thing, I'll mention it, but given the detail to which this gal has been modeled and the ongoing work on her, I dunno what type of traction it will get.

Best wishes to all my fellow Maddog lovers... we are as special a bunch as the aircraft is!

Dave

HI Dave glade your doing better welcome back! I really think the maddog team should just try it out and put it on sale I really don't think they would lose money maybe even gain more I wonder did they ever talk about being the Microsoft store that would help with sales they to get away from just being on simmarket. 

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.