Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
btacon

New Fly The Maddog Release - 0222202

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Michael Moe said:

Can you help me understand the concept on their website with monthly payment? I am not sure what to choose. There doesnt seem to be a nornal life license?

Thanks Michael Moe 

It’s. Subscription. However you can sign up.  Download whatever sounds you want and just cancel. 


5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, micstatic said:

It’s. Subscription. However you can sign up.  Download whatever sounds you want and just cancel. 

Thanks , so basic sub will do?

Michael Moe


Michael Moe

 

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Thanks , so basic sub will do?

Michael Moe

I think I have the full one.  but I honestly don't know the different options available.  


5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2024 at 2:36 PM, btacon said:

NOTE
To correctly register Fly the Maddog X MD-82, enter your email address in the 'Email' field, your registration number in the 'Product Registration Number for Fly the Maddog X MD-82' field, leave the 'Enable Key' field blank and click on 'Register'!

Hi @btacon (and/or anyone else who may know)

SimMarket always confuses the h**l out of me! 

Ref the above instruction - whereabouts in my system should I be to carry out this instruction?  In the SimMarket app?  In MSFS?  Somewhere else?   

I have my Register Code (presumably that is my 'Registration Number') from the SimMarket app but have no idea where the 'Email' and 'Register' boxes are to enter the information into...

All and any help gratefully received!

 

 

Edited by AJZip

Ryzen 7 7700x @5.5GHz; ASUS X670-P Motherboard; nVidia 4080 (factory o/c); 32G 5600MHz DDR5 SDRAM; HP Reverb G2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did update my Maddog, however, I was never prompted for registration. I did see the livery manager directly. Maybe because I had her already activated.

  • Like 1

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON) Ryzen 7 5700X3D (with SMT off and CO -50 mV), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), ID-Cooling SE-224-XTS air cooler, Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, AJZip said:

Hi @btacon (and/or anyone else who may know)

SimMarket always confuses the h**l out of me! 

Ref the above instruction - whereabouts in my system should I be to carry out this instruction?  In the SimMarket app?  In MSFS?  Somewhere else?   

I have my Register Code (presumably that is my 'Registration Number') from the SimMarket app but have no idea where the 'Email' and 'Register' boxes are to enter the information into...

All and any help gratefully received!

 

 

I believe you do this in the MaddogX Load Manager after installation

Michael Moe 

  • Like 1

Michael Moe

 

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

I believe you do this in the MaddogX Load Manager after installation

Michael Moe 

Thanks, Michael.

Following @Luis Hernandez 's post (thanks also, Luis), I tried again and, actually most stuff seemed to be working.  After installing it in the sim, for my try in MSFS the aircraft spawned, but a number of things didn't seem to work and I assumed it was like the Just Flight models, where the aircraft boot up but nothing actually works until you've put in your registration number.  

Second time round, following Luis's comment, enough was working to be able to take off and fly it - but I have the pilots mic in front of me and the ipad/EFB, while showing a click spot, isn't booting up, so I'm assuming it still isn't fully registered and loaded.

Whereabouts is the MaddogX Load Manager?

Thanks all round for the replies.

  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 7 7700x @5.5GHz; ASUS X670-P Motherboard; nVidia 4080 (factory o/c); 32G 5600MHz DDR5 SDRAM; HP Reverb G2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, dbw1 said:

Subscription?

the ftsim guy does sounds for many airplanes.  So a subscription gets you access to all.  He regularly updates some of them also.  However you are free to subscribe download what you want and simply cancel.  Probably cheaper than it would be for a flat fee purchase.  

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, AJZip said:

Thanks, Michael.

Following @Luis Hernandez 's post (thanks also, Luis), I tried again and, actually most stuff seemed to be working.  After installing it in the sim, for my try in MSFS the aircraft spawned, but a number of things didn't seem to work and I assumed it was like the Just Flight models, where the aircraft boot up but nothing actually works until you've put in your registration number.  

Second time round, following Luis's comment, enough was working to be able to take off and fly it - but I have the pilots mic in front of me and the ipad/EFB, while showing a click spot, isn't booting up, so I'm assuming it still isn't fully registered and loaded.

Whereabouts is the MaddogX Load Manager?

Thanks all round for the replies.

Ah - googled MaddogX Load Manager and that seems to be related to a purchase of the package from FS2Crew rather than through SimMarket?  Maybe I'm chasing down a rabbit hole and it is, in fact, registered through the SimMarket installation.  I'll try flying it a bit more and seeing if I can track down the manual to try to clarify sort the things that don't seem to be working properly yet.

I'll let you know if I make any progress.

 


Ryzen 7 7700x @5.5GHz; ASUS X670-P Motherboard; nVidia 4080 (factory o/c); 32G 5600MHz DDR5 SDRAM; HP Reverb G2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, AJZip said:

Ah - googled MaddogX Load Manager and that seems to be related to a purchase of the package from FS2Crew rather than through SimMarket?  Maybe I'm chasing down a rabbit hole and it is, in fact, registered through the SimMarket installation.  I'll try flying it a bit more and seeing if I can track down the manual to try to clarify sort the things that don't seem to be working properly yet.

I'll let you know if I make any progress.

 

Hold on here , The Load manager is part of the MaddogX installation and there should be a windows desktop link to it. If not check your Windows start menu . The loadmanager has alot of stuff in it like liveries installation , fuel, weights and alot others like Simbrief,Pushover, CPDLC Hoppie etc. Alot of this is also in the EFB inside the cockpit.

You really need to start here

Michael Moe 

  • Upvote 1

Michael Moe

 

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, AJZip said:

Ah - googled MaddogX Load Manager and that seems to be related to a purchase of the package from FS2Crew rather than through SimMarket?  Maybe I'm chasing down a rabbit hole and it is, in fact, registered through the SimMarket installation.  I'll try flying it a bit more and seeing if I can track down the manual to try to clarify sort the things that don't seem to be working properly yet.

I'll let you know if I make any progress.

 

Yes - I think I've been chasing down a rabbit hole.  

I googled about the EFB (haven't been able to find the documentation for the aircraft or systems yet) and spotted that you have to click and HOLD on the power button for it to boot up.

So I think I can get at everything I need without an additional registration.

Many thanks again for your suggestions


Ryzen 7 7700x @5.5GHz; ASUS X670-P Motherboard; nVidia 4080 (factory o/c); 32G 5600MHz DDR5 SDRAM; HP Reverb G2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Michael Moe said:

Hold on here , The Load manager is part of the MaddogX installation and there should be a windows desktop link to it. If not check your Windows start menu . The loadmanager has alot of stuff in it like liveries installation , fuel, weights and alot others like Simbrief,Pushover, CPDLC Hoppie etc. Alot of this is also in the EFB inside the cockpit.

You really need to start here

Michael Moe 

OK - I will dig deeper.  Thanks


Ryzen 7 7700x @5.5GHz; ASUS X670-P Motherboard; nVidia 4080 (factory o/c); 32G 5600MHz DDR5 SDRAM; HP Reverb G2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Hold on here , The Load manager is part of the MaddogX installation and there should be a windows desktop link to it. If not check your Windows start menu . The loadmanager has alot of stuff in it like liveries installation , fuel, weights and alot others like Simbrief,Pushover, CPDLC Hoppie etc. Alot of this is also in the EFB inside the cockpit.

You really need to start here

Michael Moe 

I told you that SimMarket always confuses me!!

I looked and there was no MaddodX icon on my desktop - but I've followed your advice and *shazzam!* it was indeed in my Windows Apps list.  And now I have been able to register it properly.  And now I can see all the stuff that I would have quickly realized that I was still missing.

Splendid stuff.  Love this forum.  Many thanks for your help, Michael

 

Edited by AJZip

Ryzen 7 7700x @5.5GHz; ASUS X670-P Motherboard; nVidia 4080 (factory o/c); 32G 5600MHz DDR5 SDRAM; HP Reverb G2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, AJZip said:

I told you that SimMarket always confuses me!!

I looked and there was no MaddodX icon on my desktop - but I've followed your advice and *shazzam!* it was indeed in my Windows Apps list.  And now I have been able to register it properly.  And now I can see all the stuff that I would have quickly realized that I was still missing.

Splendid stuff.  Love this forum.  Many thanks for your help, Michael

 

No problemo , thats whats the forums are for. Congrats with your new toy. Alot can be read about it in your documents/MaddogX folder. I believe there is the docs folder as well.

Also try chucks guide as well

https://chucksguides.com/

Michael Moe 

  • Like 1

Michael Moe

 

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
×
×
  • Create New...