1 hour ago, Mike7777 said:

Reset, thank you for this major contribution to the community!  Amazing that you took the concept and brought it to life.  Elegant simplicity (from the users point of view) while incredibly useful,

I've got it installed and running well (except for auto start, working on that tonight).  I did notice that it shows DX11 although I'm running DX12.  Checking to see if anyone else has seen that, or if it's of any consequence.  

Thank you so much for the time and effort you put into developing Auto_FPS, greatly appreciated!

Michael Roberts

That is the first report I've had of it showing DX11 instead of DX12. The method the app uses is quite simple. It looks for the PreferD3D12 in your usercfg.opt file and says DX11 for a 0 setting and DX12 for a 1 setting. It only checks while the app is starting, so if you change DX version while in MSFS but haven't restarted you could get this apparent discrepancy, although technically it is correct because the DX mode doesn't change unless you restart.

The only impact of an actual incorrect DX version detection is that if the app thinks you are in DX11 then it won't show any FG detection and status as DX11 doesn't allow FG.

In any case, thanks for mentioning this. Please let me know if it happens again and whether you had been changing DX version in the MSFS settings menu.

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 5200x5200 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

1 hour ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Best version so far, très bien!

I tested in the Bonanza A36TC around Rio using live weather and real time. Ultra settings @ 5461x2880 using DLDSR combined with DLSS in ultra quality. FPS locked @ 60 using RTSS in edge sync and FG on. I'm on SU15 beta. The app seems to do exactly what it's supposed to do. The addition of OLOD is IMO a great feature as it gives the end user even more granularity when tweaking for best visuals AND performance. There's absolutely no need for a high OLOD at cruise altitude, but it's nice to be able to have a higher than the default 200 at lower altitude.

General:

I was suprised to find that I could start the app after loading a flight. Before I was under the impression that it had to be started BEFORE starting the sim.

TLOD:

Still works like a charm. Just for fun I set it to 600 in the .opt file. It worked just like in the previous version, with the added benefit of getting a much higher TLOD at altitude (if there's enough headroom for it).

OLOD:

Same - just works. I did many approaches and climbs/descents and did not at any time encounter any anomalies. I set OLOD @ base to 1000 with a base of 1000ft. I set OLOD @ top to 20 with a top of 5000ft. Climbing out, the OLOD very gradually started to decrease above 1000ft until it reached minimum at 5000ft.

Performance:

My subjective view is that the performance was just as good as it usually is on my system. I did encounter a few stutters, which could be due to scenery loading, fast panning, or changing between internal/external views.

I also tested objectively with a 10 min CapFrameX session (Approach from 5,500ft with a touch 'n go). As can be seen in the screenshot below there was very little stuttering. Frame time variance was 90.36% below 2ms, which is a great result, although a bit on the lower end of the scale for a guy that's obsessed with performance. I think @Noel and @RJC68 would agree with me on this 😉 

KBpOPrp.jpeg

Here's a screenshot of AutoFPS in action at AGL 1900ft:

p22XyzV.jpeg

And here's a screenshot of the Bonanza at 10,500 ft just above Rio Intl (TLOD600 OLOD 20):

jX82Pjx.jpeg

I'll give it a rating of 10/10 😄

Thanks for the feedback. I am glad it is working well for you. And wow, I've never tried over 400 TLOD or OLOD but I'm glad it didn't kill your system 😁

• Like 2

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 5200x5200 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Am I correct that, with this app, OLOD can be set to a much higher value than the MSFS Options screen slider allows? And that this high OLOD value will make a difference in the graphics quality?

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

1 hour ago, Corsten said:

OLOD @ Base is maximum of 200? It is the ObjectLOD value in the ground, under 1000ft. And starts to decrease after 5000ft. Thats what im understanding this. You have only 32 fps and target is 55fps. Should it be closer to 55fps?

OLOD at base can be up to 1000 if you are adventurous enough. And yes, your understanding of how OLOD values change is correct except it starts to decrease after 1000 ft, not 5000 ft and at 5000 ft it hits the the lowest OLOD value and stays there above it.

The indicated FPS is low because FG is in use but is inactive because the app window has the focus, not MSFS. It's all explained in the readme.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Reset XPDR said:

And wow, I've never tried over 400 TLOD or OLOD but I'm glad it didn't kill your system 😁

I could hear his fans from Canada 🤣

Just finished my first test in the Fenix, Liverpool to Venice. Smooth sailing all the way, had some nice weather in Venice, 80fps all the way down. Some great cloud surfing. See my CapFrameX capture above, that was departing Liverpool and running for 15 minutes

If you want to try custom values do you just enter them in the UI or do you have to edit the config file?

Edited by RJC68
  • Like 1

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

30 minutes ago, Corsten said:

@Reset XPDR I suggest to investigate, is there way to disable ground services, when airborne. Msfs injects lots of airport simobjects, when flying near. It so unnesseary injection of simobjects, when not in ground. There is LOD settings MSFS is playing, but there is still something to inject when investigating simobjects via Dev mode tools.

There probably is a way to do it, but the issue will be potential stutters introduced when you suddenly turn it back on and that's the last thing you want when descending on final into landing. I'll put it on the wish list in any case.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fielder said:

Am I correct that, with this app, OLOD can be set to a much higher value than the MSFS Options screen slider allows? And that this high OLOD value will make a difference in the graphics quality?

Yes you can but I would only go above what you can set in MSFS if you have a beast of a computer and don't come complaining to me if such a high setting still brings your computer to its knees. 😄

• Like 1

^ Thanks.

Here's this Youtube guy's all day test in VR.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

3 minutes ago, RJC68 said:

I could hear his fans from Canada 🤣

Just finished my first test in the Fenix, Liverpool to Venice. Smooth sailing all the way, had some nice weather in Venice, 80fps all the way down. Some great cloud surfing.

If you want to try custom values do you just enter them in the UI or do you have to edit the config file?

Custom values are entered in the UI. It's only with DynamicLOD_ResetEdition where I can't work out how to make a working editable combo box for the profile names, but I am working on that.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, fppilot said:

I cannot get v0.4.1 download to complete.  Just stits at unconfirmed and a 5 digit number.

It could be your AV/AM blocking the download. I'll temporarily put the download here so you can try to download it from another source.

• Like 1

@Reset XPDR - I just tried your latest test version after having used Fragtality's mod and I really, really like what you've done! Thank you!! The UI is easy to use once you understand what the values do, and the automatic interpolation between the min and max values makes it a lot easier than defining the step values.

I set mine to the same settings at @Cpt_Piett and had a really smooth experience. No stutters whatsoever and a nice graphical treat. I will continue to fly with those settings for a while and play around with the values.

I am not using the cloud quality option. I have been using High for clouds because I had never felt that Ultra looked that much better to me, but I will try them out again and maybe give your cloud quality toggle a try.

• Like 2

Presuming with custom auto OLOD unchecked, this app will do nothing with OLOD and it will just be always at what I set it in the sim?

I assume this will not work when the GPU is the limiting factor?

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

Following up on my testing with the 100/600 TLOD settings and 1000@1000 Base and 20@5000 Top OLOD settings...

I took off from the iniBuilds KJFK without issue with those setting and flew towards Manhattan. After I hit 5,000 feet, I cut power and let the plane descend slowly approaching the city. Especially as I got over the island of Manhattan, as the OLOD increased I had slight stutters every time the adjustments happened. Maybe they are happening too quickly (or too many steps?) when approaching an area with a lot of objects?

I thought OLOD only really affected airport objects, but the buildings, etc. in the NYC skyline seemed to be impacting it. Once I hit the maximum OLOD of 1000, the stutters stopped and my frames were fine, but every step change led to a stutter before that.

How does it determine a min and max altitude for the TLOD min and max?

Edited by mmcmah

13 minutes ago, abennett said:

Presuming with custom auto OLOD unchecked, this app will do nothing with OLOD and it will just be always at what I set it in the sim?

Not quite. Per the test version release notes:

• When either Use Expert Options or Custom Auto OLOD is not checked, this feature will use your default MSFS OLOD setting as the base OLOD, the greater of 20% of that or 10 as the top OLOD, 2000 ft as the OLOD base altitude and 10000 ft as the OLOD top altitude.
  • If the user doesn't want OLOD to change at all, check Use Expert Settings and Custom Auto OLOD and set the OLOD base and top values to be the same.

My reasoning for making it always auto is that most users will not notice the OLOD reduction as they climb (I certainly don't) and it gives extra TLOD headroom up high, so why not. If they really don't want OLOD to change then they just do the second dot point.

• Like 1