15 minutes ago, Reset XPDR said:

I have started working on the next AutoFPS version.

Excellent, I’m ready for more testing! And btw I’m sure the new icon will stand out among my other MSFS (I have too many) icons on the desktop 😅

• Like 2

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

I gave this tool a try yesterday on a few flights. Works great. Much more consistent experience when flying from low detail areas to large cityscapes. Previously, I would notice some stuttering and FPS slowdowns while objects and traffic start taxing the processor. But it’s more fluid now.  Thanks for offering this to the community! 

• Like 3

I would also like to suggest some form of setting that makes it possible for the adjustment either suspending itself or working with a lower set FPS, for high level cruise.

I found on my system if I set the ideal 60FPS as a target, AutoFPS has to heavily cull my TLOD even at high levels. And flying over mountains at FL310 while the TLOD remains at 50 something is not very enjoyable. On the other hand no one really needs 60FPS in cruise flight. So being able to set it higher, so that the TLOD stays higher would be nice.

I tried it with 30FPS and that gives me my highest TLOD of 300, although it introduces stutters.

17 minutes ago, Farlis said:

I would also like to suggest some form of setting that makes it possible for the adjustment either suspending itself or working with a lower set FPS, for high level cruise.

I found on my system if I set the ideal 60FPS as a target, AutoFPS has to heavily cull my TLOD even at high levels. And flying over mountains at FL310 while the TLOD remains at 50 something is not very enjoyable. On the other hand no one really needs 60FPS in cruise flight. So being able to set it higher, so that the TLOD stays higher would be nice.

I tried it with 30FPS and that gives me my highest TLOD of 300, although it introduces stutters.

I am not really understanding the issue. Why don't you just set a target FPS somewhere between your extreme experience at either 30 or 60 FPS? Also, you can set the TLOD Min to be something higher than 50 under expert settings.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

24 minutes ago, Farlis said:

If I were you I would use the dynamic LOD app. Here you can specify what TLOD you want and specific altitudes if you want that finer control.

One of the great advantages of this Auto TLOD is just the simplicity of set your target FPS and within a minimum and max it will just adjust to keep that target.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Reset XPDR said:

I am not really understanding the issue.

I tried this again today, with 30FPS as the target and it worked much better. Peformance at cruise was still 60FPS at my max set TLOD. Strange that it didn't work yesterday when I had set the target to 60 FPS, even though my rig has no problem maintaining that in cruise. Will keep an eye on it.

1 minute ago, abennett said:

If I were you I would use the dynamic LOD app.

I already used that. Wanted to give the automation a try, because it could give me less conservative TLODS that I already chosen for specific altitudes.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Excellent, I’m ready for more testing! And btw I’m sure the new icon will stand out among my other MSFS (I have too many) icons on the desktop 😅

I probably should clarify that this next release will be just minor fixes and UI polish. I do have grander ideas but these types of apps are gaining a lot of attention lately, much to the ire of MS, and I don't want to poke the bear and risk the whole show coming down. As such, I'll be keeping a low profile for a while after this next minor release.

Edited by Reset XPDR
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

50 minutes ago, Reset XPDR said:

I probably should clarify that this next release will be just minor fixes and UI polish. I do have grander ideas but these types of apps are gaining a lot of attention lately, much to the ire of MS, and I don't want to poke the bear and risk the whole show coming down. As such, I'll be keeping a low profile for a while after this next minor release.

That's completely fine Reset. I'm very happy with what I've got - using AutoFPS on every flight and haven't changed my settings during the last week or so. It just works 🙂

I do feel sorry about the... how can I put it in a non-confrontational way - the attitude MS has chosen to have towards your apps. It's sad and disappointing. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

1 hour ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I do feel sorry about the... how can I put it in a non-confrontational way - the attitude MS has chosen to have towards your apps. It's sad and disappointing. 

What happened? MS said something about AutoFPS?

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

26 minutes ago, iFlySimX said:

What happened? MS said something about AutoFPS?

Yeah, I don't understand why MSFS would have any objection to their simulator running better for the user?  

• Like 4

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Yeah, I don't understand why MSFS would have any objection to their simulator running better for the user?  

I made a very subtle remark to the existence of the app (and even alluded to the possibility that it would infringe on their guidelines). And very soon after was met with this (moderator action): 

Hi there!

You were actually somewhat correct.
This mod alters core sim files, and that is against the terms of service for the sim.
As such, it cannot be discussed in these forums at all!

We have removed your posts in order to comply.

Good Flights!

And this: 

This is an automated message from Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums to let you know that your post was hidden.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/smooth/630170/272

Your post was flagged as inappropriate: the community feels it is offensive, abusive, to be hateful conduct or a violation of our community guidelines.

This post was hidden due to flags from the community. If it was not deleted or removed by a moderator due to the severity of the content, please consider how you will revise your post to reflect the feedback from moderators. You can edit your post after 10 minutes, and it will be automatically unhidden.

However, if the post is hidden by the community a second time, it will remain hidden until handled by staff.

For additional guidance, please refer to our community guidelines.

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I made a very subtle remark to the existence of the app (and even alluded to the possibility that it would infringe on their guidelines). And very soon after was met with this (moderator action): 

And this: 

That is why I stay far away from the official FS forum. They are as flexible as a steel rail. 

• Like 5

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

That is why I stay far away from the official FS forum. They are as flexible as a steel rail. 

Yeah, I'm guessing my days over there are numbered (not sure if I can use this expression in this context). The mod action and the silly generic message left me with a sour taste in my mouth. The beta forum is somewhat useful though, for giving feedback. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett

58 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Yeah, I'm guessing my days over there are numbered (not sure if I can use this expression in this context).

Perfect use.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

There is add called FSdesktop. With it, you can see AutoFPS inside of msfs as a popped panel. Main idea of the app is use it with VR, but likely works in 2d mode also, like LittleNavMap vr panel works also in 2d. So you can use msfs in full screen and see autoFPS doing it things.

Edited by Corsten