Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, craigeaglefire said:

seriously, 45 Avsim pages

far too many ‘releases’,

I’m super cautious of software relying on ‘hacks’ (use at own risk with caution)…

personally, will wait for MSFS 2024 & meanwhile will adjust settings to suit conditions…

Test builds I think is the key word here 😉 Latest release build was several days ago.

EDIT: I stand corrected.

7 hours ago, Reset XPDR said:

New AutoFPS 0.4.2 Test Version 12Mar240940Z available here.

And btw I would venture to guess that most people in this thread are very enthusiastic about @Reset XPDR’s tireless endeavors to improve one of the most genius apps since the release of MSFS. 45 pages is mostly due to the fact that many people have contributed to helping Reset test his test builds. IMHO that’s quite a collaborative effort that we don’t see too often on these forums.

And I think your comment might be akin to interrupting one of David Miscavige’s most evangelical speeches/rants (as Tom Cruise is jumping up and down on a yellow couch) proclaiming your disdain for their heretical beliefs. And btw I’m not being very serious here, you were just unfortunate to fall victim to my very awkward attempts at being funny. EDIT: Mods - please feel free to remove this paragraph if it infringes on forum guidelines. But I respectfully ask you not to delete my whole post. 

In fact (and I’m not just replying to you now), we should be grateful to Avsim for letting us discuss Reset’s apps here. As I mentioned before, I got berated by a mod and my posts deleted for mentioning AutoFPS on another forum.

I do respect your opinion though. Just my 2 cents!

10 hours ago, Reset XPDR said:

And after that, I promise - no more new features! 😆

Nooo, please nooo 😨

10 hours ago, Reset XPDR said:

App window would look like below. If you check the + next to TLOD Min, you'll get up to an extra 50 TLOD on the ground and for descent only if performance conditions are very favourable (15%+ over target FPS), with the descent phase self-cancelling should conditions unexpectedly decline. With the + unchecked, TLOD Min will behave exactly as it did before. I am putting this in as I will most definitely use it in expert mode.

Yes! 👏🏻 I’m sure I’ll use this.

Btw Reset, I know you mentioned a while back that you’d soon retreat from further developments. I have to say this saddens me a bit. I fully appreciate how arduous designing both AutoFPS and DynamicLOD have been for you. I’d kindly and most respectfully suggest that rather than discontinuing further developments completely, you choose to take a break from all the coding (and forum replies). 

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 4

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

8 hours ago, craigeaglefire said:

seriously, 45 Avsim pages

What amazes me, as a mod, is it's almost 50 pages of intelligent back and forth between user and developer with no trolling or fighting. That is Avsim at it's best IMHO.

• Like 13
  • Upvote 4

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

What amazes me, as a mod, is it's almost 50 pages of intelligent back and forth between user and developer with no trolling or fighting. That is Avsim at it's best IMHO.

I’m thrilled to hear that! In fact I almost tagged @Bob Scott to thank him (and in fact all the mods) for allowing us to keep the discussion going. Then I remembered that it might be considered rude to tag a mod 😱

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 2

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

• Extended TLOD Min extra, which seems to be working very well in non-expert mode, to work in expert settings as an option. Click the + checkbox next to TLOD Min to activate it.

image.png?ex=66026cfe&is=65eff7fe&hm=701

I am in Expert mode and thought that the latest iteration on my crushing test bed scenario worked very well. It was super smooth and worked almost exactly as expected.

I think I may have uncovered a bug, though. I would expect the TLOD Min + option to work even if you have TLOD Min on Ground/Landing enabled, but even though I was flying at 100-200 ft AGL (I have Alt TLOD Base set to 250 ft) and had plenty of FPS headroom, my TLOD stayed at the TLOD Min value. As soon as I landed, it jumped to a 150 TLOD, working on the ground as I would have expected.

Here are my settings:

444680581_Screenshot2024-03-12113536.png.25fba7f0fd8b8082fcbef657d0ec60f1.png

Posted (edited)

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1

Just now, Cpt_Piett said:
3 minutes ago, virtuali said:

Seems the AutoFPS app will need an update to support this.

To support what?

Just now, Cpt_Piett said:
3 minutes ago, virtuali said:

Seems the AutoFPS app will need an update to support this.

Where is that? I just checked GitHub, and the latest version is still 0.4.1

22 hours ago, Reset XPDR said:

To be honest, I'm impressed this app is working at all if you are setting your target FPS close to your ASW, as doing so usually causes conflict with the app's automation engine, unless you are using the latest test version in which I have actually bypassed the FPS tolerance band and the app is continuously adjusting. If that's the case, it may be serendipity (a fortunate discovery) that this now works with frame rate caps. Thanks for the feedback.

Ok, so ive now got some more information, regarding what went down in my own auto-fps use. It still puzzles me somewhat, because at one stage i seen it working flawlessly. Strange.

You were right, 5% doesn't cut mustard. At 5% it remains at my base TLOD of 100.  With my system, this causes stutters above 2000ft.

At 10% of my lock of 36fps (32) it does function. But because the FPS never drops, I only get increases of TLOD once past 1000ft.  The increase is fairly rapid, and takes around 10 seconds to reach my maximum.  However, because my system is robust, it can take it, and causes only a few "blips" of instability. Way less than i was getting before.  As others have mentioned, MSFS is rather an unstable platform, and getting consistent results, and thus providing consistent feedback is always iffy at best.  

If only i could get a slow decrease in FPS descending, as what seems to occur, is a whopping wack down from 225 to TLOD min - of 100 under 1000ft, which again causes a "blip" or two.  97% there, but no champagne.  It would be magic, truly magic, if somehow it would wiggle itself down slowly, it would be perfect, but i cant see a way to do this.  Perhaps "Dynamic TLOD would be more suited in my case, although i much prefer the auto-fps app,  because its so much more user friendly.

As it stands, im getting benefits from the app, even though its not fully being utilised.  

As mentioned before, I am using VR with 36fps (half 72hz) with ASW enabled.  So i have made sure i have plenty of headroom above that number, which keeps me in safe territory, even with a rapidly increasing TLOD.  

May i enquire about the new version you mentioned. Would this new version be somehow fully functional with my situation do you think?

Btw, I still feel strongly you should be compensated for your efforts, youve taken a hell of a lot of time here, gave so much joy to others, and have really been great all-round. 

Anyways, THANK YOU.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, virtuali said:

The subject of the thread where I posted this. The new MSFS update.

The latest Beta update you mean? But will it work with SU14 then?

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

The latest Beta update you mean? But will it work with SU14 then?

I really hope so! If not I might opt out of the beta, just to continue testing AutoFPS. 

Still haven't been able to load MSFS after beta update (updated DLSS .dll's, deleted shader cache etc etc)

Word not allowed! Just realized whilst waiting for another 10min+ MSFS boot that I forgot to update navdata 😵

Despite a multitude of test releases, each with comprehensive release notes and instructions for testers, AutoFPS 0.4.2 is shaping up to offer this in summary:

That's a LOT of new features! Looks like we're in for yet some more days of happy testing on our crunching test benches. Can't wait! 

(still 2 pages behind on this thread...)

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I really hope so! If not I might opt out of the beta, just to continue testing AutoFPS. 

Still haven't been able to load MSFS after beta update (updated DLSS .dll's, deleted shader cache etc etc)

Considering how in demand these mods seem to be, I wouldn't be surprised if MS/Asobo decided to clamp down on them, as they do in the oficial forum.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, mmcmah said:

to clamp down on them

That would be most unfortunate. They'll have to clamp down on A LOT of freeware apps though. I'd like to think it won't happen. 

Btw just got DLSS ultra quality back after updating DLSS .dll's again. Happy days! 🎉

I think it might be working! 🍾

a50a3Y4.jpeg

3 minutes ago, sonny147 said:

download from where prey tell kind sir ?

I wrote a little guide on this a while back:

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1