Inu

X-Plane 12.1.0 New Article & Features

6 minutes ago, mSparks said:

But time will tell. At the very least its already shown him that turbulence was overdone and runways were to bumpy.

I'm probably one of the few who liked it and thought it got rid of the "flying on rails" experience :D

4 minutes ago, Murmur said:

I'm pretty confident it will be optional though, also considering that there are multiple use cases where it's not to be used. Most obvious one: professional flight sims (one of XP markets) don't use a dynamic camera, of course.

It is.... it replaces that cinema verite camera that was there

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, tonywob said:

I'm probably one of the few who liked it and thought it got rid of the "flying on rails" experience :D

I love it now.

I just can't say for certain I will still love it in 6 months.

It is a big change to the way the sim looks and feels, I can believe in 6 months I will turn it off and decide I prefer not to feel the turbulence and bumpy runways in my stomach.

• Upvote 1

AutoATC Developer

2 hours ago, mSparks said:

yes its a view option

Excellent. 👍

* FS2004 Supersky * ( Atmo Ambient Environment addon) creator.
* XP11 atmoXphere * (
Atmo Ambient Environment addon ) creator.
XP12.0.8 * with ACT (A
mbient Corrector Tweek ).

[Pc intel i3-4160 3.6ghz, 8gb ram, GeForce RTX-3060 12gb, Win10 Home 64bit]

It seems like to be a really nice update. I am looking forward for the new features and the system improvements.

Patric

did they fix the fullscreen delay issue and the night lighting issues ?

now that i have a 3070ti i can finally use it without many issues and im enjoying usinmg the tolis buses in xp12,  just the fullscreen issue is really annoying

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

17 hours ago, tonywob said:

It is.... it replaces that cinema verite camera that was there

Ah, X-Plane's single most useless feature. Next to the "sunglasses".

• Upvote 3

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

18 minutes ago, Bjoern said:

Ah, X-Plane's single most useless feature. Next to the "sunglasses".

I beg to differ Bjoern, I find using that Cinema Verite is just as good as two shots of Tequila.. 🤪🤪🤪

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

On 2/23/2024 at 4:35 PM, Murmur said:

I like dynamic camera if well done and I find it increases realism, although I reckon it's something subjective.

What exactly is dynamic camera? Screen shake like XPRealistic?

System Spec 1: Nvidia RTX 4090,  AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D, Res 5120x1440, HP Reverb G2
System Spec 2: AMD Radeon RX 7900XT, Intel I-9 9990K, Res 3840x1080, HP Reverb G2

2 hours ago, Sims Smith said:

What exactly is dynamic camera? Screen shake like XPRealistic?

Watch the video

Edited by mjrhealth
  • Upvote 2

On 2/24/2024 at 5:17 PM, Pivot said:

I beg to differ Bjoern, I find using that Cinema Verite is just as good as two shots of Tequila.. 🤪🤪🤪

Well, I prefer two actual shots of tequila instead. 😉

• Like 1

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Someone posted an article where human brain adjust to the "shakes/motions" and adding this "physics based" camera is not really realistic.  I hope this is not another "cockpit lighting" saga trying to reproduce something that doesn't work in a monitor and how most people experience a simulator.  I will wait to try this out before making a final judgement. I am glad there will be a "turn off" switch. 

System Spec 1: Nvidia RTX 4090,  AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D, Res 5120x1440, HP Reverb G2
System Spec 2: AMD Radeon RX 7900XT, Intel I-9 9990K, Res 3840x1080, HP Reverb G2

14 minutes ago, Sims Smith said:

Someone posted an article where human brain adjust to the "shakes/motions" and adding this "physics based" camera is not really realistic.  I hope this is not another "cockpit lighting" saga trying to reproduce something that doesn't work in a monitor and how most people experience a simulator.  I will wait to try this out before making a final judgement. I am glad there will be a "turn off" switch. 

Yet people buy add ons to do just what he is trying to do. XPrealsitic add that nice turn view where you head isnt stuck in one plane, makes it so much better, if this does that, will be good.

• Upvote 1

Since i used XPRealistic I would never want to fly anymore with completely static cockpits with zero shakings as it is stock. The question for me is if it will be better than XPRealistic that is pretty amazing.

• Upvote 1

i912900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM

33 minutes ago, Franz007 said:

Since i used XPRealistic I would never want to fly anymore with completely static cockpits with zero shakings as it is stock. The question for me is if it will be better than XPRealistic that is pretty amazing.

Well it seems the xprealistic developer was mentioned in one of there discussions, So hopefully he will improve some things, the XP12 ver really needs an update.

19 hours ago, mjrhealth said:

Well it seems the xprealistic developer was mentioned in one of there discussions, So hopefully he will improve some things, the XP12 ver really needs an update.

What exactly is the issue? It works perfectly on my side...

i912900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM