Sign in to follow this  
Cpt_Piett

How to get the best image quality using DLDSR+DLSS

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, captain420 said:

I've followed your guide but don't see ULTRA QUALITY option. The highest is Quality for me. Any ideas?

First thing is to make sure you have the latest DLSS version installed. This can be checked easily with GPU-Z. Go to advanced-Nvidia DLSS. Then do a scan and all the DLSS .dll files on your PC will be listed, including for MSFS. 

IRrpSZn.jpeg

If you don't have the latest driver, let me know. I might have some other suggestions up my sleeve 😉 

Hmm, that was perhaps not an entirely correct use of the expression:

If you have something up your sleeve, you have an idea or plan which you have not told anyone about.

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Here's my results. Not sure why I am getting multiple locations of msfs though.

image.png

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Posted (edited)

I have 2 files called for all those locations above in my GPU-Z. It seems like I already have the latest version installed.

nvngx_dlss.dll (2.4.12.0)

nvngx_dlssg.dll (3.5.10)

And here's my Nvidia Profile Inspector Settings

image.png

Edited by captain420

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

In your guide it says useful for people with 4xxx series cards. That probably explains why I don't really see a benefit in this method. I switched back to my normal TAA running at native 4k mode with FG mod enabled, and I find it better in performance and the cockpit displays for me aren't blurry. Also could be from the fact that I don't have the DLSS Ultra Quality option showing up for me.

53 minutes ago, captain420 said:

In your guide it says useful for people with 4xxx series cards. That probably explains why I don't really see a benefit in this method. I switched back to my normal TAA running at native 4k mode with FG mod enabled, and I find it better in performance and the cockpit displays for me aren't blurry. Also could be from the fact that I don't have the DLSS Ultra Quality option showing up for me.

For DLSS Ultra quality, try to install newest nvngx_dlss.dll (3.5.10). 

• Like 1

CPU Intel Core i9 13900K, GPU :RTX 4090 FE, RAM : Corsair Vengeance DDR5 32GB@6000MHz, SSD : Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe M2, Monitor : Asus PG42 UQ

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, xenonsk said:

For DLSS Ultra quality, try to install newest nvngx_dlss.dll (3.5.10). 

I have 2 files called nvngx_dlssg.dll and nvngx_dlss.dll. One of them is 3.5.10 already and the other is 2.4.12.0. The dll file i downloaded in the 1st page only gave me nvgx_dllsg.dll (3.5.10). Where do I find the latest version of nvngx_dlss.dll?

I'm assuming that since I am using the FG mod, that MSFS will default to using nvngx_dlssg.dll. Which is the FG version of the DLL. If so then I am already running the latest version.

Edited by captain420

Okay now I finally get the option. That was the problem. I had to update the file called nvngx_dlss.dll to the latest version. I still find I get better performance and graphics quality with my old setting of TAA and resolution of 3840x2160 with FG Mod and MSFS AutoFPS mod running.

• Like 1

In case this wasn't obvious to everyone (it wasn't to me), updating your Nvidia drivers will reset the changes that you have made through Profile Inspector. I only realized it when I was seeing things that didn't look right in the sim!

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, mmcmah said:

In case this wasn't obvious to everyone (it wasn't to me), updating your Nvidia drivers will reset the changes that you have made through Profile Inspector. I only realized it when I was seeing things that didn't look right in the sim!

I've got a MSFS / Nvidia driver pre-update procedure™ that someone might find useful:

Before MSFS update:

• delete .dat files in %localAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SceneryIndexes

• delete Content.xml and ROLLINGCACHE.CCC in %localAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

• delete shader cache (see below)

• update MSFS

Before Nvidia driver update:

• Inspector: export profile(s)

• disable shader cache in NCP

• reboot in safe mode, delete:

• %userProfile%\AppData\LocalLow\NVIDIA\PerDriverVersion\DXCache

• %localAppData%\NVIDIA\GLCache

• %localAppData%\D3DSCache

• update Nvidia driver

• enable shader cache 

• Inspector: import profile(s)

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

40 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I've got a MSFS / Nvidia driver pre-update procedure™ that someone might find useful:

Before MSFS update:

• delete .dat files in %localAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SceneryIndexes

• delete Content.xml and ROLLINGCACHE.CCC in %localAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

• delete shader cache (see below)

• update MSFS

Before Nvidia driver update:

• Inspector: export profile(s)

• disable shader cache in NCP

• reboot in safe mode, delete:

• %userProfile%\AppData\LocalLow\NVIDIA\PerDriverVersion\DXCache

• %localAppData%\NVIDIA\GLCache

• %localAppData%\D3DSCache

• update Nvidia driver

• enable shader cache 

• Inspector: import profile(s)

This should be a sticky somewhere

• Like 1

Been reading quite a bit and I cant seem to find a conclusive answer so I have a few questions. I have the FG 0.90 (universal) version installed and its working absolutely like a charm with my 11GB 2080Ti, but as a curious person I would like to try the DLSS Ultra Quality setting out together with the FG mod. From what I have been reading I should be good to go by updating my two DLSS files+download NVI and adjusting the custom profile afterwards (the NVNGX_DLSS.dll should already be updated from before from what I remember). This is were I get a little bit unsure since I have just heard many times that the DLSSG file only is relevant for 4000 series cards. 

Then there is all the different versions of the FG Mod that confuses me. 0.90 version if using DLSSTweaks etc. If anyone could just guide me in the right direction here I should be good to go since luckily I know my way around the sim and tweaking it from time to time.

Benjamin Hennes

Ryzen 7 7800X3D|2080Ti 11GB|32GB DDR5 RAM|1TB SSD|Windows 11 Home

On 3/12/2024 at 1:38 AM, Cpt_Piett said:

Jeez, OCD much? 😉

How about just clicking "Install" and let the installer do the rest? 😄

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Farlis said:

Jeez, OCD much? 😉

How about just clicking "Install" and let the installer do the rest? 😄

Haha 🙂 That would indeed be... easier. 

And btw @Farlis, for being such a Serious SImmer™, you actually have a great sense of humour. So I guess the two aren't mutually exclusive 😉

Edited by Cpt_Piett

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Benjamin H said:

Been reading quite a bit and I cant seem to find a conclusive answer so I have a few questions. I have the FG 0.90 (universal) version installed and its working absolutely like a charm with my 11GB 2080Ti, but as a curious person I would like to try the DLSS Ultra Quality setting out together with the FG mod. From what I have been reading I should be good to go by updating my two DLSS files+download NVI and adjusting the custom profile afterwards (the NVNGX_DLSS.dll should already be updated from before from what I remember). This is were I get a little bit unsure since I have just heard many times that the DLSSG file only is relevant for 4000 series cards. 

Then there is all the different versions of the FG Mod that confuses me. 0.90 version if using DLSSTweaks etc. If anyone could just guide me in the right direction here I should be good to go since luckily I know my way around the sim and tweaking it from time to time.

nvngx_dlssg.dll is meant for RTX40-series cards, yes. So just get the non-FG version nvngx_dlss.dll. I'm not familiar with the FG mod though. I don't think it should affect DLSS settings in MSFS menu though. 

Anyway, after replacing the .dll with the updated one, it's important to:

1. use the latest inspector version on github 
  2. get the DLSS extra settings - described here, download here then paste contents of .zip into inspector folder

The you should get the extra settings in inspector under global profile - 5 common:

7SN6uZp.jpeg

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1