Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Initial exterior photos of iFly 737 Max and progress update

2 hours ago, Wise87 said:

I for one hope they release there's before PMDG. Tired of waiting on them to release the Max.

I understand the initial reason for withholding the release of something that was apparently ready to go, but don't understand the ongoing secrecy and obfuscation about releasing it now.

Edited by DavidP
  • Upvote 2

David Porrett

This will be interesting.  I like ifly.  This is their chance to make big waves in the community.  I for one hope they beat PMDG to the punch.  Either way I'm excited for a good MAX.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, DavidP said:

I understand the initial reason for withholding the release of something that was apparently ready to go, but don't understand the ongoing secrecy and obfuscation about releasing it now.

Yep. I've been waiting for a MAX since 2019 when PMDG first confirmed it. I'd appreciate it if they could just say what's going on. I'm sure they have their reasons but it's starting to bug me.

• Like 2

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

1 hour ago, dpergau said:

A MAX 9 would be great! 

*bolts not included

😉

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Farlis said:

*bolts not included

😉

In all seriousness, it's easy to joke about it now but it's pure luck there wasn't a person in that seat and it didn't happen higher up. A boy got his shirt sucked off his body who was near the door plug.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

4 hours ago, Vitold69 said:

Why this iFly name reminds me Chinese(!) developer who did 747 for FSX or FS2004 even?

Because they are these guys, maybe?

• Like 1

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), ID-Cooling SE-224-XTS air cooler, Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

1 hour ago, aniiran said:

This will be interesting.  I like ifly.  This is their chance to make big waves in the community.  I for one hope they beat PMDG to the punch.  Either way I'm excited for a good MAX.

Agreed. I'm a long term PMDG customer and I've been mostly happy with what they've produced over the years. I probably have around 800+ hours in their 747 and 777 and a good number in their 737's too so I've definitely experienced all the ups and downs that come with PMDG products. With that said, I would really like to see IFLY push their MAX out first. PMDG has had the study level Boeing market in FS9, FSX, P3D and MSFS pretty much all to themselves so it would definitely be refreshing for another dev to enter it first with a all new Boeing aircraft.

Edited by james42
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Farlis said:

*bolts not included

😉

Two cell phones and the door were found a few miles from my house, as I live in the Portland metro area where the plane took off from.

We are all very lucky the plug came out when it did, at 30,000' they would have been picking up far more then just a door.

As far as the iFly Max, looking forward to it...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

I still fly the ifly max in P3d regularly and prefer it to the pmdg ngxu in p3d.

the ifly max is a great plane and excited to see it in msfs. 

• Like 4

Orman

1 hour ago, threexgreen said:

In all seriousness, it's easy to joke about it now but it's pure luck there wasn't a person in that seat and it didn't happen higher up. A boy got his shirt sucked off his body who was near the door plug.

Yes, it could have been awful - a child sucked out into the night sky. Doesn't bear thinking about.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

sry wrong thread. I can not delete msg?

Edited by Jovzin
wrong thread

48 minutes ago, Paul K said:

a child sucked out into the night sky

[Commander Data] Correction,sir. That's blown out. [/Commander Data]

• Like 1

Great news! Although as the exterior model is the easiest part and we have no pictures of the systems I don’t think it will release before 2025-2026

47 minutes ago, FormulaJet said:

Great news! Although as the exterior model is the easiest part and we have no pictures of the systems I don’t think it will release before 2025-2026

Why even post Great News but then turn around and speculate the release in 25-26? Do you really think it will take up to 2 years to release? I say good for them and I wish them the best. We need more variety. 

Edited by Wise87

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Looking forward to seeing what this has to offer.  I did quite enjoy their 737NG in P3D.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU