Sign in to follow this  
DAD

Fenix A320 Block 2 is released

13 hours ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

Don't think so but I'm sure they will be updated in a matter of days.

You need to delete your old liveries from the community folder and install the new ones via the new livery manager.

The new liveries default to 8K, if you want to install the 4k, click the settings icon in the livery manager and select 4k from there.

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

13 hours ago, 40track said:

Silly question. How do you import the FlightPlan into the mcdu from Sim brief?

On the INIT page on MCDU click LSK R2, that should import simbrief plan.

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

7 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Just found out on Discord, that the 737 which I have been flying for many months, the diamonds are filled in an brighter. That is why I thought there was something wrong with  the ones in the Fenix. 

I could have told you that. When you said "I must be confusing this with another aircraft I have been flying" I was tempted to write: An Airbus is not a Boeing. 😉

Edited by Farlis

1 hour ago, Bunchy said:

Hello,

When I do this action, the MCDU returns "AOC SEC F-PLN UPLINK" but I no longer have the import of the Simbrief flight plan (EFB does have the flight paln).

Edit : This only happens when the engine is started.

Edited by Area

2 hours ago, Bunchy said:

Bunchy, Dad showed me how to do it through the EFB then through the LSK R2 as always. Only thing that tripped me after was the PERF button to activate the data that was missing for ILS to work. 

Edited by 40track

14 minutes ago, Area said:

Hello,

When I do this action, the MCDU returns "AOC SEC F-PLN UPLINK" but I no longer have the import of the Simbrief flight plan (EFB does have the flight paln).

You would click the sec flt plan button again and then LSK R3 to Activate.

In Simbrief there's now for the A320 category CFM and IAE versions of the A320.

Edited by 40track

18 minutes ago, Area said:

Hello,

Edit : This only happens when the engine is started.

I've found !!! If you start "READY" mode you must import the flight plan and when the MCDU returns "AOC SEC F-PLN UPLINK" Go to SEC F-PLN and validate "AOC F-PLN INSERT"

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Area said:

This only happens when the engine is started.

Welcome to Airbus logic. No flightplan uplink to the active flightplan with Engines running. That's why it ends up in the secondary flightplan.

I guess you are new to this aircraft? We had this discussion upon release of the Fenix as well, as new users fell into this trap.

Edited by Farlis
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

So what's the feedback from real life A320 pilots on this Block 2 release? I was watching V1 Simulations and Blackbox711 yesterday. In the earlier stream, V1 Simulations seems to like it overall, and he prefers using SDS, as he was testing the flaring and landing of the Fenix A320 in his earlier stream. However, I didn't hear V1 Simlations do an end summary of the flight model and changes yesterday to see what his overall impressions were as I left the stream early. If V1 did do an overall summary, I would like to know where he did it and the timestamp.  For Blackbox711, he liked the overall changes and says it flies much better now, but there is still some work that the Fenix team need to do, according to Blackbox711.

Would be interested if there are other real life A320 pilots who give their impressions, even real life A320 pilots in this thread (I have not noticed any real life A320 pilots in this thread giving their summary yet?).

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Did some flights by now with the FENIX to familiarize myself (again) after having flown primarily the FBW. I really like B2 a lot and especially the dummy lazy MCDU import functions (which were the primary reason TBH why I preferred the FBW over the Fenix). Now to my question, I did fly the CFM few times now into EGNM, EHAM, EDDM. LOWI and just now LOWW and in basically all instances I came in too high and too fast for landing. Yes, CFM Simbrief profile used. Followed the plan by the numbers using MiniFCU, all fine. Just too high and too fast, had to use speedbrakes excessivly, cannot remember it behaved like this before. Placebo? Am I alone? Or is there anybody else out there?

Will try the IAE model the next few flights now

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

17 minutes ago, Farlis said:

Welcome to Airbus logic. No flightplan uplink to the active flightplan with Engines running. That's why it ends up in the secondary flightplan.

I guess you are new to this aircraft? We had this discussion upon release of the Fenix as well, as new users fell into this trap.

Thank you for the information. I am not new to Airbus A320 Fenix but I always start in "COLD & DARK" mode so I have never been confronted with the "dummy lazy MCDU import functions" but more with the FCOM / FCTM procedures but this function is very well done for the Simmer

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I would think that by now someone has done an ILS approach. Has anyone seen this issue. ?

No problem on my ILS approach so far.

11 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

Does TCAS work? I've flown within 2000 feet of an AI aircraft and nothing.

Yep had several resolution advisories on my first flight (it was a busy airspace and I was doing my own direct-tos…)

28 minutes ago, DAD said:

Did some flights by now with the FENIX to familiarize myself (again) after having flown primarily the FBW. I really like B2 a lot and especially the dummy lazy MCDU import functions (which were the primary reason TBH why I preferred the FBW over the Fenix). Now to my question, I did fly the CFM few times now into EGNM, EHAM, EDDM. LOWI and just now LOWW and in basically all instances I came in too high and too fast for landing. Yes, CFM Simbrief profile used. Followed the plan by the numbers using MiniFCU, all fine. Just too high and too fast, had to use speedbrakes excessivly, cannot remember it behaved like this before. Placebo? Am I alone? Or is there anybody else out there?

Will try the IAE model the next few flights now

Only did one flight and on that flight I was indeed too high and too fast. I remember on the previous versions the drag was too high (so VNAV speed bracket ended up haging on the lower end), so maybe they overcorrected and the drag is now too low?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fiorentoni said:

Only did one flight and on that flight I was indeed too high and too fast. I remember on the previous versions the drag was too high (so VNAV speed bracket ended up haging on the lower end), so maybe they overcorrected and the drag is now too low?

Now that would be for the real Airbus pilots to judge. Would be interesting to hear their opinion on this.

• Like 3