DAD

Fenix A320 Block 2 is released

10 minutes ago, El Diablito said:

edit: forgot to mention - they recommend turning off HAGs in order to improve frame rates in the cockpit, just an fyi in case anyone is noticing impactful performance without the frame gen mod.

Hang on - isn’t HAGS one of the prerequisites for running FG?

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

17 minutes ago, ATRguy said:

I have the PA on really low IRL.  I do like to know what the FA is up to, and I find that hearing it is helpful.

Yeah, I do that with the FA intercom.  It's a way to get an early heads-up on any issues they're dealing with back there, because they'll always discuss it amongst themselves first.  PAs though, only time I ever select that is to make sure I'm not about to talk over one of the four of them... That's not something that keeps the coffee hot and topped off 😁.

But yeah, everyone has their techniques.

Andrew Crowley

7 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Hang on - isn’t HAGS one of the prerequisites for running FG?

Yep, but if you're using frame gen then you probably won't notice any deterioration of performance in the cockpit anyway.

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

Before v2b2 the fps were 80 with fg mod and reduced cockpit textures mod from flightsim.to, now the fps are 70 in the same situation. Now (in the v2b2) the cockpit textures are reduced but the displays and external lights are so heavy. 

I can't fly this word not allowed thing without getting a CTD with no error and a Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000267fa3c, happened twice now in 3 flights, super annoying

1 minute ago, mcdonoughdr said:

I can't fly this word not allowed thing without getting a CTD with no error and a Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000267fa3c, happened twice now in 3 flights, super annoying

A couple of things to try - untick Display Sync and tick "Alternate Renderer" - failing that a set of log files and a support ticket would be the next go-to. 

Aamir Thacker

Just now, Aamir said:

A couple of things to try - untick Display Sync and tick "Alternate Renderer" - failing that a set of log files and a support ticket would be the next go-to. 

Appreciate that, still not 100% sure it's a Fenix issue just never once had a CTD on this current PC, even when doing a 5-hour flight on the A320 prior to the update. 

4 minutes ago, Aamir said:

Noticed this in the logs both times the sim crashed... might be related

2024-03-01 14:48:24.9526|.ctor: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Access is denied
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Access is denied
   at System.Diagnostics.ProcessManager.OpenProcess(Int32 processId, Int32 access, Boolean throwIfExited)
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.GetProcessHandle(Int32 access, Boolean throwIfExited)
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.get_HasExited()
   at _3WuNlFJe6XyC3KqtCpBml7hpMHF._1hRnaru2MLaVPMNPYmAGFvbciBF._AmmqczliP1YojQ3DfGaEmkj4ik8(Process )
   at _3WuNlFJe6XyC3KqtCpBml7hpMHF._1hRnaru2MLaVPMNPYmAGFvbciBF._3WuNlFJe6XyC3KqtCpBml7hpMHF._9Jha7pmObWHqNa7JLPjcewphgAK.MoveNext()
2024-03-01 14:48:29.3717|.ctor: Process Exited

1 minute ago, mcdonoughdr said:

Noticed this in the logs both times the sim crashed... might be related

2024-03-01 14:48:24.9526|.ctor: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Access is denied
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Access is denied
   at System.Diagnostics.ProcessManager.OpenProcess(Int32 processId, Int32 access, Boolean throwIfExited)
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.GetProcessHandle(Int32 access, Boolean throwIfExited)
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.get_HasExited()
   at _3WuNlFJe6XyC3KqtCpBml7hpMHF._1hRnaru2MLaVPMNPYmAGFvbciBF._AmmqczliP1YojQ3DfGaEmkj4ik8(Process )
   at _3WuNlFJe6XyC3KqtCpBml7hpMHF._1hRnaru2MLaVPMNPYmAGFvbciBF._3WuNlFJe6XyC3KqtCpBml7hpMHF._9Jha7pmObWHqNa7JLPjcewphgAK.MoveNext()
2024-03-01 14:48:29.3717|.ctor: Process Exited

Do you have an anti-virus or something like that running? Windows defender, even. 

Aamir Thacker

1 minute ago, Aamir said:

Do you have an anti-virus or something like that running? Windows defender, even. 

Only stock Win 11 Defender 

Just now, mcdonoughdr said:

Only stock Win 11 Defender 

Okay, first recommendation I have - uninstall the product, reinstall it with defender turned off - it can sometimes just outright delete files and do some generally odd things. Then add exceptions for the Fenix folders and try again. There's a how-to here: https://kb.fenixsim.com/efb-showing-as-blank

The other thing to do is use the Alternative renderer. I'd start there before I mess with Defender. 

• Like 1

Aamir Thacker

Just now, Aamir said:

Okay, first recommendation I have - uninstall the product, reinstall it with defender turned off - it can sometimes just outright delete files and do some generally odd things. Then add exceptions for the Fenix folders and try again. There's a how-to here: https://kb.fenixsim.com/efb-showing-as-blank

The other thing to do is use the Alternative renderer. I'd start there before I mess with Defender. 

Aamir, I tried the wizard when it first came out but decided I didn't need it and deactivated it. Now the Display sync setting is on by default but I deactivated it again. Should that make performance better if I'm not seeing any ill effects?

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Stearmandriver said:

I would personally be very un-thrilled if a PA of mine ended up in a video game, without my consent or licensing.  Wise of Fenix to not be allowing this.

I don't really understand the draw to hearing cabin crew announcements in-sim.  Folks do seem to like it, but it's nothing a flight deck crew is listening to in reality.  Is it part of the move towards pax simming, where people like to sit in the cabin and stare at the wing?  

No I really don't think it is.  I think it just fits into the category of "airliner operation immersion", even if in real life, the flight crew wouldn't be listening to, nor even have the CAB sound turned on.   I don't think it's anywhere near simulating sitting in business class and having virtual peanuts to eat.  At least it's not for me.  It's just about using audio to feel you are in an aircraft with 150 people on board; rather than a silent, clinical simulation.

As Fiorentoni said, you don't see the livery from the flight deck, so why bother with repaints?  There's no objective 'line' that is drawn between absolute realism emulation and entertainment.   We all decide where that line in for ourselves.

Edited by JYW
  • Like 3

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

6 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

I mostly load into the flight 30 minutes prior to scheduled departure because I want to spend a couple of minutes droning around the airport scenery and watching AI traffic (with AIG there's always a never-before seen livery somewhere at an airport!). Therefore I refuel and then wait until around 15-20 minutes prior to departure before starting boarding (depending on the amount of pax, so on the ATR it's more like 10 minutes prior).

That’s a pretty cool idea. Like your chill time before the flight. 

• Like 1

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Posted (edited)

V1 Simulations' stream today on various failure scenarios was very educational (at least for me) given his usual insights and commentary.  These were the quotes I captured with timestamps:

• Rejected take-off tests
    • brake temps simulation all realistic and as expected (first RTO was on full cold startup, and then immediate consequent RTO increased the temps as expected as state from one fed into the other)
  • V1 cut: Single engine failure after V1 + other stacked failures like fire/reverser-unlock/etc: https://youtu.be/gFuEutQpCyU?t=4394
    • "single engine performance and climb was just fine, yaw simulation during in-flight reverse unlock, that was crazy": https://youtu.be/gFuEutQpCyU?t=6042
    • "engine failure and full right trim on rudder, love it"
    • asked about how it feels vs Toliss: "handling in flight I gotta say, it's right there, that felt very realistic all the way around compared to the real airplane":  https://youtu.be/gFuEutQpCyU?t=6113
    • "felt very much the same as when I do single engine training in the Level D sims, almost exactly the same honestly"
  • V1 cut: Single engine failure after V1 with damage, very hot day 40+C, max load at limit for take-off, other conditions set for worst-case
    • "the hand flying on this is awesome"
    • re: take-off: "honestly the performance of the aircraft is what I'd expect, previous Fenix would've been in the dirt now"
    • re: approach and landing with full flaps:
      • "she's holding, look at that, the airplane can do it, pretty cool .. i like it a lot"
    • re: flaring late and little bounce as expected IRL due to momentum: https://youtu.be/gFuEutQpCyU?t=7437
      • "this is some good flight modelling here, very nicely done"
    • "all things considered, pretty darn real"
  • maximum cross-wind (40 knots) landing test, flaps 3, no auto brakes
    • "it's smoother than the old Fenix, hand flying this in a pattern is so good" (SDS enabled with -20)
    • "the control wow, i'm really happy with it"
  • final comments:
    • "fenix did a great job, really stood up to the tests"
    • "it is a solid solid release"

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 19

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD