Sign in to follow this  
DAD

Fenix A320 Block 2 is released

6 minutes ago, techman said:

"Nothing to do -simulation". 

There's always something to do during pre-flight for the meticulous pilot 😉 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I find that I have way too much time in the flight deck waiting for boarding to finish. If I choose to use the new “accessibility options” in the EFB, pre-flight is even quicker. So I do like Fiorentoni and look around the airport using drone cam. At larger hubs there’s usually a frenzy of activity, like when I departed from Pearson yesterday. Being new to GSX, I don’t mind spending some time watching the ground crew operations.

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

4 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I find that I have way too much time in the flight deck waiting for boarding to finish. If I choose to use the new “accessibility options” in the EFB, pre-flight is even quicker. So I do like Fiorentoni and look around the airport using drone cam. At larger hubs there’s also a frenzy of activity, like when I departed from Pearson yesterday. Being new to GSX, I don’t mind spending some time watching the ground crew operations.

"using drone cam" - I envy you guys who use that cam view... I am yet to learn how to use the drone cam, and thoroughly miss the easy way it was in FSX and P3D.... 

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Just now, jcomm said:

"using drone cam" - I envy you guys who use that cam view... I am yet to learn how to use the drone cam, and thoroughly miss the easy way it was in FSX and P3D.... 

I hardly used it at all before getting an Xbox controller. So much more intuitive than using the keyboard. No need for anything fancy, one of the cheapest ones will do fine.

• Like 2

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

14 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I find that I have way too much time in the flight deck waiting for boarding to finish. If I choose to use the new “accessibility options” in the EFB, pre-flight is even quicker. So I do like Fiorentoni and look around the airport using drone cam. At larger hubs there’s usually a frenzy of activity, like when I departed from Pearson yesterday. Being new to GSX, I don’t mind spending some time watching the ground crew operations.

EGLL was fun last night on Vatsim. No gates avaiable at Terminal 5 and a queue of A320s for 27R!

• Like 1

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

8 minutes ago, jcomm said:

INSERT key to switch from VC to Drone View. You can then use the W/A/S/D keys to move forwards/backwards/sideways, the R and F keys to move up and down, and the 4 and 6 keys on the NUMPAD to spin left or right. Does that not work on your PC?

• Like 4

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

INSERT key to switch from VC to Drone View. You can then use the W/A/S/D keys to move forwards/backwards/sideways, the R and F keys to move up and down, and the 4 and 6 keys on the NUMPAD to spin left or right. Does that not work on your PC?

It should work, I didn't yet memorize those keys though, or felt inspired to assign it to controller buttons...

But I have an old MS Gamepad which I could probably use for that - don't want to spend money on an x-box controller since I would never buy one ....

BTW Christopher, thank you for the key brief - I will test it in my next MSFS 2020 session !!! 👍

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

14 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

Did anyone receive an advance copy?

No. And personally I prefer it that way.  Than 20 Youtubers all putting out the same video just before a release. I prefer the surprise element.  That doesn't mean some of them may not have expected an advanced copy though.

• Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Still waiting for 320 sim pilot to take a deep-dive into B2. Hopefully it won’t be a livestream… 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, abennett said:

Anybody else not getting the Cabin Announcements?

Yes it’s enabled in the EFB, and yes I have turned on and up the PA knob.

I don’t hear them in the cabin either…

Many thanks.

10 hours ago, Jure said:

Same here.... enabled in EFB and turned on the PA knob. Just to be clear: PA knob is ON when it it is lit right? I tried both states, turned vol all the way up and nothing happens except for a short buzz prior to take off.

What gives?

Thanks! 

EDIT: it's working: PA knob on the Pedestal, not on the Overhead! I can be quite dense sometimes! 🙄

To ensure you are hearing all intended PA and Cabin Crew announcements, you need to not just press and turn up the PA knob (on the pedestal), but also the CAB knob.

If you don't also turn up the Cab (cabin) knob, you won't heat the safety brief, and other announcements that the cabin crew make to the cabin.

Edited by JYW

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

23 minutes ago, JYW said:

No. And personally I prefer it that way. 

I imagine they will do some press releases for the a319, but I am glad they didn't do any sort of press on this one. It had enough delays.

1 hour ago, threexgreen said:

Thanks.

After three flights yesterday I was landing with just over 3 tonnes each one. Doing fuel checks it was burning a lot more.

44 minutes ago, El Diablito said:

EGLL was fun last night on Vatsim. No gates avaiable at Terminal 5 and a queue of A320s for 27R!

I was told to hold C spent 10-15mins waiting for a gate before logging off.

4 hours ago, SierraDelta said:

There is no way to do that. BUT - the “cheat” still works, once you’ve powered on the a/c turn each of the 3 ADIRS switches to OFF and back to NAV again.

Thanks, mate. I actually didn't know about this hack, so thank you for that as well 🍻!

• Like 1

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Well the Fenix discord and flightsimto won't allow real Cabin announcement packs. Where will we find them?