DAD

Fenix A320 Block 2 is released

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

Post which waypoints are causing the issue...

too late, I decided to modify the flight plan. But where I should see the problematic waypoint if I cannot load the flight plan in the MCDU?

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Claudius_ said:

too late, I decided to modify the flight plan. But where I should see the problematic waypoint if I cannot load the flight plan in the MCDU?

Look at the way points in the faulty flightplan, and see what is different in the one that works. I do three simbrief flights a day in the Fenix, and have never seen that problem, 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Posted (edited)

I struggle getting the takeoff performance calculator to work when I'm not importing a simbrief plan. Sometimes it just won't let me add the values manually. Also, I find it tricky manually refuelling the aircraft during a turn-around, as the EFB won't let me. I then have to hit "reset" and do it from scratch. Which takes a while if I'm filling the tanks from 3000kg to full (19000kg). Usually I just hit instant at this stage. 

EMJRoaY.jpg

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

On 3/11/2024 at 8:10 AM, Cpt_Piett said:

This is what I fail to understand. Just the other day I was hand-flying the Fenix from KBOS-CYYZ. 

It's a sim, so anything is possible, but you are required to be on AP in RVSM airspace.  You only "hand-fly" for turbulence or re-trim, but the FAA and airlines companies essentially mandate you have AP engaged for cruise.  It's just not a realistic expectation to hand-fly a passenger jet for long distances in the real world, so I don't think sim pilots who like to recreate realistic ops should be expected to either.  Some pilots might keep AP off to 10,000 feet, whereas others go on very early.  However, It's not the norm to forgo a perfectly operational AP in a busy aircraft when you have so many other things going on.

• Like 2

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

@Orlaam I was not serious about hand-flying KBOS-CYYZ, would never had the patience or stamina for that. Sorry, should have added an emoji after that comment. I’ve hand-flies a lot of approaches lately though, good practice.

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

6 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

@Orlaam I was not serious about hand-flying KBOS-CYYZ, would never had the patience or stamina for that. Sorry, should have added an emoji after that comment. I’ve hand-flies a lot of approaches lately though, good practice.

Gotcha, lol.  I was like OMG how awful.  I don't even like hand-flying GA very much in the sim.  It's just too tedious.  But yes, the final approach phase to landing for sure.

• Like 1

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

20 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I struggle getting the takeoff performance calculator to work when I'm not importing a simbrief plan. Sometimes it just won't let me add the values manually. Also, I find it tricky manually refuelling the aircraft during a turn-around, as the EFB won't let me. I then have to hit "reset" and do it from scratch. Which takes a while if I'm filling the tanks from 3000kg to full (19000kg). Usually I just hit instant at this stage. 

EMJRoaY.jpg

And the  reason you don't use Simbrief, which works perfectly is ???

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

20 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

EMJRoaY.jpg

You can load fuel and cargo instantly if you use the payload and fuel menus in the MCDU.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

And the  reason you don't use Simbrief, which works perfectly is ???

Haha 🙂95.5% of the time I use Simbrief. But occasionally I make a quick and easy plan during Navigraph and just want to load the aircraft manually (e.g. no PAX, max fuel). It's probably user error though - when I did it earlier today it worked 🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, james42 said:

You can load fuel and cargo instantly if you use the payload and fuel menus in the MCDU.  

Didn't know that, thanks! Perhaps the EFB is for Simbrief only. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett

Can someone help me with this texture issue on Fenix?

spacer.png

On 3/26/2024 at 2:06 AM, Cpt_Piett said:

Perhaps the EFB is for Simbrief only. 

No it is not. You can always enter your own values.

I'm having problems with the latest Fenix A320 update. All the controls/switches are frozen and all the lights are lit as expected when you do a lamp check, which I have'nt. Additionally only the seats ailses are shown on external view, the outer body is missing! I have done a clean re-install. For information the FBW neo A320 works fine.

22 minutes ago, airnova said:

I'm having problems with the latest Fenix A320 update. All the controls/switches are frozen and all the lights are lit as expected when you do a lamp check, which I have'nt. Additionally only the seats ailses are shown on external view, the outer body is missing! I have done a clean re-install. For information the FBW neo A320 works fine.

And why do you ask us, instead of the official support?

https://fenixsim.com/support/

Probably because someone else here may have had the same issue and fixed it. 

• Like 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, airnova said:

Additionally only the seats ailses are shown on external view, the outer body is missing!

Have you updated all of your liveries for the latest version of the Fenix A320?

You need to re-download all of them as there were graphics changes to the model that made the liveries stop working.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter