Sign in to follow this  
JJ_

Which is your favorite Aircraft in VR?

I recently acquired VR goggles, and after trying out some of my aircraft, a few have stood out as I got into the cockpit because I had that WOW! moment.

So far for me, the DC-3 was one that I felt 2D doesn't quite do it justice, it is such big difference in 3D!
It got me thinking about getting feedback in case I am missing out on an aircraft I don't currently own. 

Please share which aircrafts give you that WOW! moment in VR?

Thank you!

There's a lot of them - this thread may get moved to the VR subforum.

But I like the FSW C414, Learjet 35, I absolutely adore the Black square analog stuff like the TBM 850/King air/Bonanza/Baron 

And honestly I like buying addons that support the TDS GTNxi - because of its touch screen and (recently added) charts/navdata - I find the GTN far easier to manipulate in VR than the GNS530 or G1000.  (I am not discounting those of course and WT has done an incredible job with our default avionics!!).  That being said I prefer mostly analog avionics or a mix of analog and glass along with my GTN in VR.

• Like 5

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Lear 35 is great. Fly the Maddog is great in VR. The Icon is really good for low-level sightseeing because it has a huge greenhouse. The Beech35 is excellent in VR - the textures almost look real.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I've never tried VR, but I'm very keen to try, one aircraft I can imagine would be cool in VR would have to be the FSReborn Sting S4 right?

• Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

VR comes in its  own  when using  any  GA   aircraft  flying  low level nothing  beats it  🙂

• Like 6

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

34 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

VR comes in its  own  when using  any  GA   aircraft  flying  low level nothing  beats it  🙂

Have to agree

• Like 1

Jason Richards

Anything in VR improves the experience 10 fold.

Military jets are good as you feel the cramped cockpit, the IFE F35 also simulates the helmet mounted display.

Theres a freeware Bronco which is great in VR, and I should also mention flying a helicopter in VR is an amazing experience, you really get a sense of height as you lift off.

• Like 4

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

The aircraft that have been enhanced most by VR for me are those with the most '3D' cockpits...e.g. the Aerosoft Catalina (which was weird in 2D but suddenly made sense in VR), the Flight Replicas Halifax (flying Steam engine) and the Aeroplane Heaven HE-111.
It was like having my own museum.

All were brilliant (but flawed) as MSFS imports until Asobo broke imports in VR 😞

Even today there aren't many cockpits visually as good as eg the Milviz Phantom converted to MSFS native, which does work in VR.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, eslader said:

Lear 35 is great. Fly the Maddog is great in VR. The Icon is really good for low-level sightseeing because it has a huge greenhouse. The Beech35 is excellent in VR - the textures almost look real.

Beech35? which one?

brds

I like to fly my little Iris PC-21. Cockpit just feels great in VR.

• Like 2

You could ask as well: which is your favorite real aircraft, in which you'd like to sit in the cockpit?

Because taking a seat in the cockpit of any aircraft in VR is like taking a seat in the real aircraft.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Getting right to the point without explanations (in no particular order)🧐:

1. Default Longitude

2. BlackSquare Baron, A36, KingAir

3. PMDG 737 series

4. Fenix A320

5. Default F/A-18 - The outdated mod with weapons displayed is what's needed plus the MilTech's Super Carrier Pro add-on

6. IndiaFoxtEcho F35, JF's F-16/15, IndiaFoxtEcho F-14

7. JF Piper PA-28 Turbo

8. FSR 500 Turbo

9. FSW C414

10. Cirrus Jet/Handa Jet, Default WT Cirrus SR-22 G6

11. MilViz Corsair, Flying Iron Spitfire

12. Most all Carenado Birds

Wow, there's actually too many to mention them all (great job to our developers)...😳

There are some misses that are actually better in 2D than VR (short list off the top of my head😞:

1. Carenado V-Tail Bonanza

2. COW DA-42

Best locations for VR flying:

1. US - Western States/Florida/Hawaii

2. Western Canada

3. Australia - Hit and miss in VR but overall great in 2D

4. New Zealand

Edited by Dillon
  • Like 2

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Posted (edited)

I'm partial to any Helicopter in VR. The view outside, the ability to fly low and get into any spot makes them my prefered VR sightseeing aircraft.

Edited by Farlis
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, jon b said:

Anything in VR improves the experience 10 fold.

Military jets are good as you feel the cramped cockpit, the IFE F35 also simulates the helmet mounted display.

There's modified sounds you can get for the F35 that improves the experience ten fold.  There's a group I don't remember the name that has modified the sounds of many aircraft but kills it with the F35 (stay away from the F/A-18 sounds by this group, terrible).  The default internal sounds are lacking for the F35.  Thought they would have been improved by now but seem to have gotten worse.

• Like 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

26 minutes ago, Farlis said:

I'm partial to any Helicopter in VR. The view outside, the ability to fly low and get into any spot makes them my prefered VR sightseeing aircraft.

I agree - flying a helicopter it is so nice to be able to look around everywhere as you approach the landing site.

• Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |