Sign in to follow this  
Matchstick

Black Square Dukes now expected first half of April

7 minutes ago, Les Parson said:

Grand Duke Info: 

Grand Duke Package – BLR Aerospace

It'd be so cool to be able to splash some cash around on something like this. 

Enjoyed the link l)

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

1 hour ago, Ron Lefebvre said:

This is where I am also. I dont doubt it will be an amazing plane, Just not sure its for me. Will end up buying it anyway. Like a drug addict.

The good thing from the video is it seems pretty easy and fast to reset if you foul it up. I like that part a lot.

Yeah. With you there. I can't help myself when I see a new (and nice) plane.

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

8 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

I am in the same boat.. and since I tend to spend little time fussing with fouled spark plugs and flooded engines, this one may just carry too much "study level" content for my liking.  Realistic flight model and avionics are top of my wish list, and the other Blacksquare aircraft, A36 and TBM850 provide that already.. 🙂

'...too much "study level"...'

I know what you mean. I ask myself these three questions:

1. Do I want a flight simulator or an engine simulator?
2. Pilot or engineer?
3. Play or study?

• Like 3

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

11 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

I am in the same boat.. and since I tend to spend little time fussing with fouled spark plugs and flooded engines, this one may just carry too much "study level" content for my liking.  Realistic flight model and avionics are top of my wish list, and the other Blacksquare aircraft, A36 and TBM850 provide that already.. 🙂

10 hours ago, Ron Lefebvre said:

This is where I am also. I dont doubt it will be an amazing plane, Just not sure its for me. Will end up buying it anyway. Like a drug addict.

The good thing from the video is it seems pretty easy and fast to reset if you foul it up. I like that part a lot.

3 hours ago, bofhlusr said:

'...too much "study level"...'

I know what you mean. I ask myself these three questions:

1. Do I want a flight simulator or an engine simulator?
2. Pilot or engineer?
3. Play or study?

Hey guys, totally your call and each to their own but do remember if you're not that keen on being lumbered with the extra maintenance required here or you don't want to be worrying about possible failures there is a solution - You can just not look at the tablet, or you have an option to turn off the failures completely if you so wish.  BS trying to cater for all walks of simmer here.  Just a thought. 

• Like 15

9 hours ago, Sonosusto said:

Yeah. With you there. I can't help myself when I see a new (and nice) plane.

It's almost like some people who "think" they can play guitar and have a collection of them that would rival Jim Irsay's (google him).

I "think" I can fly anything, I love planes, I have the ability to own them (the virtual ones), so I get them.  Ask me how many times I've flown the last 5 or 6 GA planes I've bought. 🤣

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Posted (edited)

I’ve accepted the fact that I am a collector of virtual airplanes and realistically only have enough time to fly each one every once in a while, other than a few of my airliner go to’s.

Once I accepted this fact I worried about it a lot less 😀

This will be a day 1 purchase for me.  The Dukes in real life are just cool aircraft (although apparently a maintenance nightmare to own) and I have so many good memories of the RealAir Dukes that there’s a nostalgia factor too.

Seeing the systems depth in these videos is icing on the cake.

Edited by regis9
  • Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

6 minutes ago, JustFlightScott said:

Hey guys, totally your call and each to their own but do remember if you're not that keen on being lumbered with the extra maintenance required here or you don't want to be worrying about possible failures there is a solution - You can just not look at the tablet, or you have an option to turn off the failures completely if you so wish.  BS trying to cater for all walks of simmer here.  Just a thought. 

Hey Scott...don't let these comments make you think that folks saying them will succumb to pure logic and reasonability and not buy it.

They'll hem and haw for a while, say they don't need this feature or this level of detail...then about 3 mins of that, after its available on the ecommerce site, they pull out the credit card.🤣

Its just a coping mechanism most flightsim nuts have to try and justify their addiction....kind'a like that person who thinks they are a Professional Bass Fisherman on the Pro circuit, who then justifies buying a $70,000 Bass Boat....only to keep it in the driveway on the trailer 80% of its life...for that one time, every few weekends, he gets to take it out on the lake and play Roland Martin. 🤔

Its a condition, and some of us should be in therapy for it, LOL.

• Like 4

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

3 minutes ago, regis9 said:

I’ve accepted the fact that I am a collector of virtual airplanes and realistically only have enough time to fly each one every once in a while, other than a few of my airliner go to’s.

Once I accepted this fact I worried about it a lot less 😀

This will be a day 1 purchase for me.  The Dukes in real life are just cool aircraft (although apparently a maintenance nightmare to own) and I have so many good memories of the RealAir Dukes that there’s a nostalgia factor too.

Seeing the systems depth in these videos is icing on the cake.

Me and Dave in our monthly support group meeting:

"Hi, I'm Steve, and I'm a virtual plane-a-holic."

Dave and others: "Hi Steve"

• Like 2

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

1 minute ago, Steve Dra said:

Hey Scott...don't let these comments make you think that folks saying them will succumb to pure logic and reasonability and not buy it.

They'll hem and haw for a while, say they don't need this feature or this level of detail...then about 3 mins of that, after its available on the ecommerce site, they pull out the credit card.🤣

Its just a coping mechanism most flightsim nuts have to try and justify their addiction....kind'a like that person who thinks they are a Professional Bass Fisherman on the Pro circuit, who then justifies buying a $70,000 Bass Boat....only to keep it in the driveway on the trailer 80% of its life...for that one time, every few weekends, he gets to take it out on the lake and play Roland Martin. 🤔

Its a condition, and some of us should be in therapy for it, LOL.

Great post and yes I fully understand how it all works and how your minds operate. I was simply trying to offer out some advice before it gets forgotten. 

1 minute ago, JustFlightScott said:

Great post and yes I fully understand how it all works and how your minds operate. I was simply trying to offer out some advice before it gets forgotten. 

..."You can just not look at the tablet, or you have an option to turn off the failures completely if you so wish."
I'll be sure to include your advice in our next support meeting.  We're always looking for ways for our purchases to appear rational to the uninitiated of our addiction. 🙂

I can promise you I'll look at the engine synoptics for the 1st few hours, marvel at how cool they are...then probably never look at them again...unless my wife comes into the room, because I assured her that the only reason I bought the Duke(s) is for that, revolutionary feature.

Is that deceptive? Yep, and a common plane-a-holic tactic ....did I mention I'm in therapy for my addiction? 🤔

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Posted (edited)

As I really hate all that plane stuff I really hope I could just use the tablet and be able to disable all the other plane stuff around.

Just want to simulate that tablet as I do it with my tablet at home. No airplane around, please!

Edited by guenseli
  • Like 2

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeez some folk are never happy.

• Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

As someone who doesn't have a lot of time (or much memory for this stuff), I find having a good sim checklist is key for keeping up with complex aircraft.  As a long time GA simmer, I don't think I ever used a checklist before.  Back in the day, even complex GA aircraft were pretty simple, and you could get by with just clicking around.  Obviously a really bad habit that many of us sim only pilots learn. 

I find there are a lot of good sim checklists to download from .to.  I put those in a cloud drive so I can access them from a tablet or phone easily and have them handy.  I avoid the real world checklists as often those have a lot of things like "check your seatbelt" and "brief passengers" that can be skipped. 

The common problem is that I learn to fly an airplane, then set it aside for weeks, then come back and not remember anything.  Going through a checklist usually fixes that. 

It is definitely more rewarding, but I also totally get the "I just wanna get up and flying". 

• Like 1

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Steve Dra said:

It's almost like some people who "think" they can play guitar and have a collection of them that would rival Jim Irsay's (google him).

I "think" I can fly anything, I love planes, I have the ability to own them (the virtual ones), so I get them.  Ask me how many times I've flown the last 5 or 6 GA planes I've bought. 🤣

You say this BUT Just Flight is having a Spring Sale....thing is...I fly all the planes I own. I think the 414, Vision Jet and PMDG get the most love but I fly all of them.

Luckily I only have 3 guitars 😀

Edited by Sonosusto

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

13 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

since I tend to spend little time fussing with fouled spark plugs and flooded engines, this one may just carry too much "study level" content for my liking

There's always the option to turn failures off, just as in the weather radar interface on the existing BS aircraft. I always do that.  I like some wear and tear, but like you, it's realistic avionics and flight model that float my boat 😊 I've never set failures in FS in my life.  Just doesn't appeal.

It looks like the BS Dukes will offer everything; the wear and tear, the failures, the avionics, flight model and the rest.  Hapy days!

• Like 2

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)