Sign in to follow this  
Cats Eyes Cunningham

Fenix A320 Block 2 - FPS

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Luis Hernandez said:

Does it still take ages to load?

It does, but in my experience it is strongly CPU-related.

Could take up to 5 mn with my old 10700K, takes under 2mn with my brand new 7800X3D.

Anyway, such a masterpiece, it could take 20mn to load, I would not fly without it. 😁

Edited by RockOla

Works fine on my system. Framerates vary between 30 (Gatwick + FSTL + real weather) to upper 50s. Overall, performance seems much smoother than previous builds. I have nothing to complain about. 

• Like 1

Have in mind that GSX also slows down the Startup of MSFS by Minutes (not seconds). If you don´t use it, unlink it in the FSDT-Installer.

17 hours ago, Luis Hernandez said:

Does it still take ages to load?

It's on my system not that long (80 seconds to be precise), but the 3d stuff and textures are less heavy in the fps and vram department... running the aigtech controller on my e-cores 😎

Live traffic is great but for me personal not that important since I fly on different times in the sim... 

André

7 hours ago, ErichB said:

I'm definitely experiencing reduced FPS following the B2 upgrade.

Is here local great at AMS 100 + fps with AIG 50% and 2K ultra settings...

André

framerate is working well for me with my outdated system I7-7700K oc. / 1080Ti, adjusted for 30fps and most sliders at 100, have a main 55" and 4 instruments at 2 additional screens with Panel Popout Manager and most of the system functiones set to external hardware from Goflight.

• Like 1

Ralf Andreas

I'm finding MSFS and this Fenix A320 heavier than P3D and FSLabs...

(I could be doing something very wrong...)

PS: I don't like FG.

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - MSFS

34 minutes ago, Juliett Alfa Romeo said:

I'm finding MSFS and this Fenix A320 heavier than P3D and FSLabs...

Turn down MSFS to P3D visuals and I doubt that FPS will be lower in the Fenix A320. 

• Like 3

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, AnkH said:

Turn down MSFS to P3D visuals and I doubt that FPS will be lower in the Fenix A320. 

Turning off photogrammetry? for that I wouldn't have bought MSFS...

What makes all the difference with P3D is the photogrammetry, TAA and the "lighting" ambient/effects.

I honestly thought that the leap in performance that everyone was talking about would be more obvious...

PS: The 737NG is lighter in terms of FPS.

Edited by Juliett Alfa Romeo

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - MSFS

Much better FPS with the Fenix since I started using Auto FPS

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Juliett Alfa Romeo said:

Are you perhaps mistaking photogrammetry (i.e. Google Earth-style buildings) for orthographic scenery for the entire world?

Orthography/photoscenery for the ground in MSFS is fantastic (far superior to landclass textures). The often 'melted buildings' PG, not so much. And certainly not for the performance hit you can have when airliner flying.

Edited by F737MAX

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

31 minutes ago, Juliett Alfa Romeo said:

What makes all the difference with P3D is the photogrammetry, the TAA and the "lighting" effects.

I honestly thought that the leap in performance that everyone was talking about would be more obvious...

PS: The 737NG is lighter in terms of FPS.

I flew P3D for years. After flying MSFS, going back to P3D is like going back to a dial up modem. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

17 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Much better FPS with the Fenix since I started using Auto FPS

I'll try it out.

2 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I flew P3D for years. After flying MSFS, going back to P3D is like going back to a dial up modem. 

It's not that. I'm not feeling the leap in performance that everyone is talking about...

10 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

Are you perhaps mistaking photogrammetry (i.e. Google Earth-style buildings) for orthographic scenery for the entire world?

Orthography/photoscenery for the ground in MSFS is fantastic (far superior to landclass textures). The often 'melted buildings' PG, not so much. And certainly not for the performance hit you can have when airliner flying.

(oh God the MSFS's loading time...)

I'm talking about this:

spacer.png

It's not something I want to turn off...