Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Fenix update is out.

Great update from Fenix, especially when it comes to performance and fluency.

Nice plane to fly with a big fun factor.. 

cheers 😉

• Like 4

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

12 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Do you though, Bob? Do you really know what you're talking about?

Just as you did when you wrongly assumed I didn't do an autoland last night which in fact I did. That claim of yours sent me on a several hours long troubleshooting ordeal.

I probably shouldn't have mentioned this, but I felt like I had to. 

It appears , that prior to my post, POLOsim who apparently is a ATPL. posted the same thing I did, so I guess he doesn't know what he is talking about either??? Why didn't you quote his post and insult him? 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

Why didn't you quote his post and insult him? 

Maybe you should take a long hard look at your attitude and then it might become clear why so many people come down on you here.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

Posted (edited)

No issues with display brightness here but I think I know why some people got a problem. If your monitor brightness is too low, FMA (top part of display) practically disappears:-

Edited by Drebin27

10 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I looked it yesterday on an 8K monitor at work, that costs around 5k.. Guess what, it looked just like the jpg you posted, too dark at the top.  LOL 

On the jpg, the text at the top is under the shade of the glareshield and the text at the bottom is in direct sunlight so it will appear different?

Great to hear that all of you are enjoying the new version. On my system, it just doesn't work. Keeps crashing all the time. If I replicate the scenario with another aircraft, then no problem. Must be the Fenix. Used to be one of my favorite add-ons in v1, but v2 is just useless for me. Too bad.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

1 minute ago, carlito777 said:

Great to hear that all of you are enjoying the new version. On my system, it just doesn't work. Keeps crashing all the time. If I replicate the scenario with another aircraft, then no problem. Must be the Fenix. Used to be one of my favorite add-ons in v1, but v2 is just useless for me. Too bad.

Have you sent in a support ticket?

• Like 1

Aamir Thacker

Just now, Aamir said:

Have you sent in a support ticket?

Not yet. Actually, I don't know where to start. Sometimes the sim crashes moments after hitting "Ready to fly". Sometimes before. Then, in some cases, I can enter the cockpit but the screens are all just blue. There is no clear pattern. I tried loading the Fenix app before starting MSFS, but also tried to let MSFS load the app. This also sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. I eliminated all add-ons in the community folder except for the Fenix. Also wiped the exe.xml. Installed the newest AMD display drivers, etc. etc. I tried nearly everything in the past two days but can't get it to work reliably. Today, I was able to do one flight, but then it crashed on final. And as I said: With other add-ons, I have no problems.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, carlito777 said:

Are u using GSX, and if so are you on the LATEST update ? -  because i had about the same problem yesterday until i updated my GSX, maybe worth to try..

@Aamir Beautiful update to me,  especially related to fluid and performance !

cheers 😉

Edited by pmplayer

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Just now, pmplayer said:

Are u using GSX, and if so are you on the LATEST update because i had about the same problem yesterday until i updated my GSX, maybe worth to try..

Updated GSX to the latest version and also tried without GSX. Still not working.

Just now, carlito777 said:

Not yet. Actually, I don't know where to start. Sometimes the sim crashes moments after hitting "Ready to fly". Sometimes before. Then, in some cases, I can enter the cockpit but the screens are all just blue. There is no clear pattern. I tried loading the Fenix app before starting MSFS, but also tried to let MSFS load the app. This also sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. I eliminated all add-ons in the community folder except for the Fenix. Also wiped the exe.xml. Installed the newest AMD display drivers, etc. etc. I tried nearly everything in the past two days but can't get it to work reliably. Today, I was able to do one flight, but then it crashed on final. And as I said: With other add-ons, I have no problems.

A support ticket with a general description as above and your logs attached is a good place to start - but I would also give it a go with display sync ticked off. Display sync doesn't play nice with RivaTuner, MSI Afterburner, or Frame Gen mods - so eliminating those is also a good place to start if you do really want to use it. 

• Like 1

Aamir Thacker

2 minutes ago, Aamir said:

but I would also give it a go with display sync ticked off.

I'll give that a try.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Drebin27 said:

No issues with display brightness here but I think I know why some people got a problem. If your monitor brightness is too low, FMA (top part of display) practically disappears:-

It is definitely related to individual displays, I posted a screenshot taken from my 55 inch Sony X90K and when viewed on my Asus 27" PC monitor the top of the PFD does look darker yet on my TV it is perfectly readable in every condition.

BTW nice to see Bruce is taking some time out from his busy schedule to indulge in his flight sim hobby 😃

Up The Irons !!!

Edited by RJC68

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

It is ALWAYS SO GRATIFYING to see Aamir take time out from what must be an excruciating schedule to drop in and check on his customers here at AvSim. It is those things, coupled with a superb product that have captured my attention and my loyalty- bring on the 321/319- London and Paro await 🙂

C

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

3 hours ago, carlito777 said:

Looking at your signature (You're on an AMD GPU) I think you would be best served by starting the Fenix app then unselecting the display sync check box AND SELECTING

the alternate display mode. (Which from my understanding is the display mode that was default in Block one) Which worked out the box for AMD graphics cards.

Unselecting display sync alone did not fix the issue completely. Selecting the Alternate display mode did and also allows me to use Afterburner/RTSS and AMD's driver based frame gen which i use simultaneously on every flight.

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders