Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Today I take an exciting trip!

Today, my wife and I are flying to Lithuania, Lativia, and Estonia.  Really looking forward to it.  Lufthansa from KEWR to Frankfurt, and then on to Lithuania.  The Baltic States are in the news a lot lately, so it should be quite interesting for us to be there in person.  We have traveled extensively in Europe, and we did get to Gdansk, Poland a few years back, so we were close to the Baltic Sea.  We've traveled to Munich (Octoberfest), Berlin, Warsaw, Krakow, Bulgaria, Romania, Ireland, UK, South Africa, Italy, and many trips within the United States. Being retired now makes it so much easier.

I still look forward to reading the forum on my iPad over there, but I'll really miss flying P3d and MSFS.  Returning in 10 days.  Looking forward to any comments on these 3 countries if you've been there.  Any tips or advice is always welcome.

Stan

• Like 3

Have a safe trip, Stan!  Enjoy 😀

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Enjoy!!!

Surely amazing placas and people to meet.

Planning to go there One day tio, and we're closer from LPPT 😁

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

On 3/14/2024 at 8:40 AM, spilok said:

Today, my wife and I are flying to Lithuania, Lativia, and Estonia.  Really looking forward to it.  Lufthansa from KEWR to Frankfurt, and then on to Lithuania.  The Baltic States are in the news a lot lately, so it should be quite interesting for us to be there in person.  We have traveled extensively in Europe, and we did get to Gdansk, Poland a few years back, so we were close to the Baltic Sea.  We've traveled to Munich (Octoberfest), Berlin, Warsaw, Krakow, Bulgaria, Romania, Ireland, UK, South Africa, Italy, and many trips within the United States. Being retired now makes it so much easier.

I still look forward to reading the forum on my iPad over there, but I'll really miss flying P3d and MSFS.  Returning in 10 days.  Looking forward to any comments on these 3 countries if you've been there.  Any tips or advice is always welcome.

Stan

Do you travel with OATS Stan?

Posted (edited)
On 3/15/2024 at 1:06 PM, newtie said:

Do you travel with OATS Stan?

No, I do not.  We have a travel group in my hometown that arranges many wonderful trips around the world.  We've used them several times.

However, my wife and I returned yesterday after a 2 hour flight from Estonia to Frankfurt, and about 9 hours from Frankfurt to JFK.  Total 11 hours in the air, and then a 1 1/2 hour ride back home. Whew!  I'm exhausted and trying to re-establish my normal activity from the time difference.  The Baltic States being 6 hours ahead of us here in the U.S.

Absolutely loved Lithuania, Latvia, and Estonia.  The people were wonderful, and those countries have really become so progressive since about 1991, after the Occupation.

Now to get back to some great Flight Simulation activity.  Missed it for the last 10 days.

Stan

Edited by spilok