Sign in to follow this  
Vel

FBW A380X - Sneak Peek

Posted (edited)
Just now, Lord Farringdon said:

Woah, right up in my face there mate. What I donate to this or anything else is none of your business. So just step back a bit and don't assume.

Was I even talking to you. seriously. take nap.

Edited by JBDB-MD80

9 minutes ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

Was I even talking to you. seriously. take nap.

You know, you seem to have a pretty demeaning  tone no matter who you're talking too. How about you take a nap as an ignored user!  

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.   

Posted (edited)
Just now, Lord Farringdon said:

You know, you seem to have a pretty demeaning  tone no matter who you're talking too. How about you take a nap as an ignored user!  

Ok bye bye. My feeling are not hurt one bit.

Edited by JBDB-MD80

I am not going to post again in this tread Just want to say.Shout out to FBW and their contribution to the flightsim community My hats off to them.

2 hours ago, MikeyOnTheFlightDeck said:

Trailer video summary...

FBW 1 - 0 PMDG

That's an easy win because PMDG is stuck in the past regarding this. They are that closed-up company that hides absolutely everything from the public (God knows why) and don't understand how the world evolved regarding the simulator environment. I don't like it much (dune splash screens and all as if this was a regular shooter) but if you fail to understand why and don't embrace changes, you're just left behind. Reminds me of FSLabs, they're also not made for this "new world".

• Like 2

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

54 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

That's an easy win because PMDG is stuck in the past regarding this. They are that closed-up company that hides absolutely everything from the public (God knows why) and don't understand how the world evolved regarding the simulator environment. I don't like it much (dune splash screens and all as if this was a regular shooter) but if you fail to understand why and don't embrace changes, you're just left behind. Reminds me of FSLabs, they're also not made for this "new world".

Robert did a 45 minute Q&A after the reveal and they're letting users try out the T7 at FSWeekend. It's clear they're trying to get better. 

Anyway, back to the anti-PMDG circle jerk. Or was this thread about the FBW 380? I can't remember. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Lucky38i said:

Hi, thanks for the comments and kind words, regarding the coloring of the cockpit in the video.

The blue coloration of the FCU displays is really light dependent, for example in the image below. Of course as we do more A380 sessions and feedback from A380 pilots we'll adjust as necessaryByu9IXG.png

My pleasure!
A small precision, as far as I can remember the FCU display will turn blue during dusk/night environment when flood lights are activated. That's what is wrong in this daytime video, where there is no cockpit lighting AND the FCU display is blue.

• Like 1

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Having read through this thread, I'm trying to come up with some superlatives that haven't been used yet. I've only ever flown on an A380 once, and I loved it, so I'm really looking forward to having this one in the sim. Absolutely breathtaking, not just from the standard of modelling, but also the price. Beyond superb, FBW !

The dirt streaks under the fuselage at the rear look a bit thick and 'inky', but that's all. 😉

• Like 6

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

9 hours ago, MikeH99 said:

Have a sneaky feeling this will be bought by ASOBO for MSFS24. No way this can be free.

The only way that might work is if they do something similar to what they did with Working Title. Have them form a company then contract them to make the A380 default and keep supporting it full time while also letting the community have access to it.

• Like 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Based on what we see do we have any idea when we might get our hands on this baby? 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RobJC said:

Based on what we see do we have any idea when we might get our hands on this baby? 

In a word, no.

FBW, like other sensible developers, don't give release timescales.   You just have to base your estimation of what you see in the preview.   I'd say it looks flyable.  Hopefully just some fine tuning and bug fixing.   I reckon (based on no science whatsoever), we're looking at end of April / early May.

Edited by JYW

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

8 minutes ago, JYW said:

In a word, no.

FBW, like other sensible developers, don't give release timescales.   You just have to base your estimation of what you see in the preview.   I'd say it looks flyable.  Hopefully just some fine tuning and bug fixing.   I reckon (based on no science whatsoever), we're looking at end of April / early May.

I wasn’t asking for a release date, but rather a gestimate based on what we see here. April / May would be amazing. I am thinking it might be a month or so beyond that. Summer. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

6 hours ago, chapstick said:

Robert did a 45 minute Q&A after the reveal and they're letting users try out the T7 at FSWeekend. It's clear they're trying to get better. 

Yes, true.

Anyway, back to the anti-PMDG circle jerk. Or was this thread about the FBW 380? I can't remember. 

Couldn't care less about wasting time bashing. I'm more for facts.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

3 hours ago, RobJC said:

I wasn’t asking for a release date, but rather a gestimate based on what we see here. April / May would be amazing. I am thinking it might be a month or so beyond that. Summer. 

They said it’s not vatsim ready yet. Looks pretty flyable on that video but I am guessing they haven’t fully implemented the Direct to waypoint and/or the hold features yet, both of which would be needed to make it vatsim ready. 

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, mrlip said:

They said it’s not vatsim ready yet. Looks pretty flyable on that video but I am guessing they haven’t fully implemented the Direct to waypoint and/or the hold features yet, both of which would be needed to make it vatsim ready. 

In that sense not even the FBW A320N is fully Vatsim ready. Because it still does not have missed approaches. If you expect people to fly those by hand from the charts, you might as well expect them to fly holds without FMC help as well. 😉

Edited by Farlis