Sign in to follow this  
BIGSKY

Why an I getting a Mandotory 115GB Update?

It has wiped my 500+ GB from my community folder!!!

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

5 minutes ago, BIGSKY said:

It has wiped my 500+ GB from my community folder!!!

Are you in SU15 Public Beta ?

No

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

I have been experiencing issues with MSFS2020. Over the past week, I have noticed that updates have been pushed multiple times, even though I am not part of the beta program and have not made any changes. Although the updates have not deleted the comm folder, the instability of this flight simulator is concerning.

• Like 1

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

I had also some weird update flash when I started my sim. And the screen mode was after that in window mode, as it always is after the update. No idea what it was, it was very brief flash... Not in any beta what so ever. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Tapani Österberg

This just happened to me this morning - it continues to briefly flash the Installation Manager? during the startup sequence which then disappears so quickly I can barely read it.

After I get to the main menu the sim is in windowed mode instead of full screen.  It also indicates that I have an unfinished Essential Packages Update.  If I click install update it goes back to the Installation Manager screen which flashes for a brief second, fails again and continues until the main menu appears again, whereupon it notifies me that I need to install the Essential Packages update.  In other words, it's Ground Hog Day in FS.

If I attempt to fly instead, I get a CTD before I can get in the air.  I have not been able to fly today.

• Like 1

Randall Rocke

So so so many MS account and cloud problems at the moment.  I lost everything, so have a dozen that we know about on here also.   I'm still getting strange, unknown updates and downloads almost every time I start MSFS.   I got 2GB today..... no idea what it was.

MS need to get on top of this because people are just trying to use the sim and are being tortured with lost data, settings and account mash ups.

• Upvote 4

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

this thread was a good reminder to back up my community folder

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I just got an update as well. My setup now only opens in windowed mode.😶  It looks to be trying to install an update then it just proceeds in windowed mode.😟

Edited by Dillon
  • Upvote 2

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Dillon said:

I just got an update as well. My setup now only opens in windowed mode.😶  It looks to be trying to install an update then it just proceeds in windowed mode.😟

exactly this, me 2. i've posted it on msfs forum.

Edited by SN737
  • Upvote 1

Sergio Naiberg

Got the same exact issue. Now, at every start of the sim I have to put it in full-screen mode manually. Dear MS!

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I spent some time today troubleshooting my CTD's in VR when I realized that I was in windows mode which causes CTD's on my system. 

Just completed a flight with the sim in full screen mode and I hope it continues this way. 🤞

• Upvote 1

I wish it was just matter of switching back to full screen mode for me.  I always do that but I get a CTD regardless before I can get off the ground - no flights for me today.

MS support, after going through a litany of possible fixes now recommends reinstalling...

Randall Rocke

2 hours ago, RandallR said:

I wish it was just matter of switching back to full screen mode for me.  I always do that but I get a CTD regardless before I can get off the ground - no flights for me today.

MS support, after going through a litany of possible fixes now recommends reinstalling...

Open a command prompt with admin rights…

Go through each of the following steps one at a time. Copy each line, one at a time , paste it into the Dos window (crtl + V) and press return

and it will then run. Wait until each runs and finishes before you move on to the next one.

When you are completely finished, Restart your computer and then try to see in MS2020 will start and run properly

Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /checkhealth

Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /scanhealth

Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth

sfc /scannow

Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /AnalyzeComponentStore

Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup

RESTART your computer as the last step. Then go for a test flight.

Win10Pro 22H2-19045.4123/IntelCorei7-3770K/GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3/32GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24/AsusRTX2070OC8GB/1TBCrucialMX500SSD/2 TB PNY CS900/(x3)1TBRAWMushkinSSDs/LGBlueRayBurner/RosewillChallengerTowerBlack/CorsairRM750wPSU/X56HOTAS/TtesportsCommanderKeyboardMousecombo/TrackIR5Pro/34inUltraWideScreenLG2560x1080p/TM2xMFDCougar/OculusQuest2/InateckKU5211PCIe3.2/LTERIVERPCIeG2S4/TMobileHomeInternet5G

MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US/Windows 11 Home 22H2 22631.3374/i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi II/RTX 4060/32GB DDR5 5600mhz/650w Gold PSU