Sign in to follow this  
Matchstick

XP12 OrbX True Earth GB North released (with nice surprise)

Posted (edited)

The first XP12 True Earth map - Great Britain North - has been released by OrbX and it comes with a MASSIVE 90% discount for owners of the XP11 version.
https://orbxdirect.com/product/gbr-north-xp12

If you don't have it already it's $44.99AUD+taxes (approx US$29.33 | €27,10 | £23.29) but if you have the XP11 version that drops to $4.50AUD+tax - that worked out, even with PayPal's poor exchange rate, at £2.92.

Q8Pilot did a first look stream yesterday if you'd like more details on what's in the scenery.

Edited by Matchstick
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Wow! Now I want Portugal and Spain... The two most beautiful places in the whole MilkyWay...

• Like 3

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Posted (edited)

The price is great news for the owners of the previous XP11 version.
Q8Pilot reviews are always full of exceptionals, phenomenals, extraordinary, sensationals, etc, can't really rely on him.

I know youtube compresses most of the detail bit I skipped through the video and was not really impressed, seen a lot of blurry stuff.

With that said, if they release GB South with the same discount for previous owners I will jump on it like a kangaroo

Edited by peroni

Posted (edited)

Does X-Plane 12 have the ability to add seasons to ortho, or can ortho developers do that eventually? I'd hate flying over permanent summer terrain again.

Edited by Sethos

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Posted (edited)

Seasonal colors are in the libraries for default X-Plane scenery.  

Ortho scenery is texture based images only.  The textures would have to be changed manually and somehow added.

Edited by GoranM
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Matchstick said:

The first XP12 True Earth map - Great Britain North - has been released by OrbX and it comes with a MASSIVE 90% discount for owners of the XP11 version.
https://orbxdirect.com/product/gbr-north-xp12

If you don't have it already it's $44.99AUD+taxes (approx US$29.33 | €27,10 | £23.29) but if you have the XP11 version that drops to $4.50AUD+tax - that worked out, even with PayPal's poor exchange rate, at £2.92.

Q8Pilot did a first look stream yesterday if you'd like more details on what's in the scenery.

great thanks for this.  Should look good with the new EGCC scenery up north.

14ppkc-6.png

I'm enjoying it... just waiting for Central and South to complete the area.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

"It's ALL about Flying"

i7-9700k @5ghz | 32gb Gskill Ripjaw 5 DDR4 3000 | Nvidia RTX 4080 | W10 Pro | Samsung 32" 4K TV 

10 hours ago, jcomm said:

¡Guau! Ahora quiero Portugal y España... Los dos lugares más bellos de toda la Vía Láctea...

+1000 I m from LEAL!!

• Like 1

wahoo, looking forward to finally getting this, thank you OrbX. (how do the shorelines look up close?)

AutoATC Developer

21 hours ago, GoranM said:

Ortho scenery is texture based images only.  The textures would have to be changed manually and somehow added.

The orthos do change colour somewhat (e.g. Snow in winter, and more brown colours in autumn), the sim has done this for a while now.

• Like 2

Looks great,  snowy textures look really nice at the end as well.

14 hours ago, mSparks said:

(how do the shorelines look up close?)

ZCNeyFn.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tonywob said:

The orthos do change colour somewhat (e.g. Snow in winter, and more brown colours in autumn), the sim has done this for a while now.

Shows how much I know about scenery.  

3 hours ago, tonywob said:

That's what i was looking for, that's great. Thanks Tony.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB