Sign in to follow this  
Noel

Audio clicks/pops w/ your 7800X3D or other 7,000 series?

This is really important to me and I just placed an order for 7800X3D before learning about this issue that some have.  Please go to the link below and vote if you have 7800X3D or other 7000 series CPU.  Mods:  please leave this here for a day or two as that's about all I have to be able to cancel my order at Newegg.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/643640-poll-audio-popsclicks-using-headphone-w-ryzen-7000/

Thanks

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Bump to top just for another day or two....

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Posted (edited)

I wouldn't cancel my order over something like that, the solution (if it happens) is $40-50 for a DAC / external sound card with headset jacks, which includes better quality sound.

Edited by Republic3D
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

I didn't have issues with headphones but I did with my speakers.  A new set of speakers fixed the issue.  The 7800X3D is so good though that it was well worth the unexpected cost for new speakers: 

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Posted (edited)

The train of thought is so weird ..

Motherboards are what contains the DAC's so why exactly is this person cancelling his order as if its the cpu that's going to cause snap crackle pop ?

Ok ill be gracious and say maybe there's even a vanishingly ridiculously tiny chance that someone at AMD screwed up and designed a bad chipset that could of somehow caused an issue ...Theres 5 chipsets (X670E/X670/B650E/B650/B620) to choose from for the Ryzen 7000 series if one was reported to be bad. (Even then it would have been fixed with a chipset update) because so many people would have been complaining about it.

Not to be mean but if your asking these types of questions and associating sound issues to CPU's i think you should either have someone who knows what they are doing build you a PC with quality components or put some thought into properly doing the research to design and spec out a pc so you know exactly what you want and which components you need to be concerned about. 

Edited by Maxis
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D/ Asus ROG Strix B650E F Gaming WiFi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200 Pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li LanCool II Mesh Performance / Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard Amp.

Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke + T.16000M Joystick + TFRP Rudders

Yes you're absolutely right, my bad, it was my motherboard that had the issue with my speakers.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Posted (edited)

This is an issue that has nothing to do with the CPU itself, it can be a faulty MB or a driver problem.

I voted no in your poll anyway. I use that connection every day when I play Warzone with my friends and both the headphone output and the mic input work great.

Edited by MrFuzzy
  • Like 1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 

Posted (edited)

As I have said, I get these pop sounds from time to time and I think they are related to the big red spikes that you can see in Dev mode in the game at some special places, because the worst ones also make the game stutter at the same time, so the pops rarely happen and are not particularly loud either, I have never heard them outside MSFS so it is nothing that can be related to AMD CPU's, rather to some terrain bugs in MSFS.

Edited by Ixoye

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | Seasonic Vertex 1000W I LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Posted (edited)

I investigated this today, there is an area near my home airport that I often fly over that has an anomaly that gives a heavy spike that even causes the game to hiccup briefly, when I flew over this area in Devmode with my headphones connected to the amp I heard a pop when the spike appeared on the graph.

I then turned around and plugged the headphones into the motherboard and noticed no pop sound when the spike appeared, I then did the same thing with my speakers plugged in (motherboard), and heard nothing then either.

To be absolutely sure, I tried again with the headphones connected to the amplifier, and sure enough, I heard the sound again.

My conclusion is that my amplifier has the ability to pick up the spike but cannot be heard through the motherboard as the sound is to weak and the quality of the signal significantly worse, so you don't need to worry, it has absolutely nothing to do with the AMD Cpu.

Edited by Ixoye

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | Seasonic Vertex 1000W I LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

11 hours ago, Maxis said:

Not to be mean but if your asking these types of questions and associating sound issues to CPU's i think you should either have someone who knows what they are doing build you a PC with quality components

Oh good god give me a break I've assembled 20 PCs over the years and not a one with this issue.  Here's where I learned about this and there are multiple threads discussing this:

‎04-05-2023 03:32 PM

High Latency Causing Skipping/Audio Problems - Only Happens with my AMD Builds

Description of Original Problem: Been getting audio popping/clicking after a day or two of PC being on. This only started happening on my AMD systems. Came from an i9 9900K build a few months ago and had no issues. I then went from that to a 5950x build and audio popping started, exact same issue with this 7950x3d build. Two totally different motherboards and ram setups obviously as one was AM4 and this system is AM5. I have an external Audio Interface (Focusrite Solo 3rd Gen) and I've had it for all the same pc's so I don't suspect that to be the issue. I found what drivers were causing the latency per LatencyMon. I will post my log from just 30 minutes of playing Rust when it was popping really bad. Not only does this affect the audio but when I also get high latency spikes that show in LatencyMon I also get a brief stutter so it seems to be an issue for entire PC not just the audio. wdf01000.sys leads to the most interrupt to process latency and nvlddmkm,sys is the highest DPC execution time.

No way in hell I"m going to buy other parts to fix this if it's an issue, WHICH IS WHY I ASKED HERE.

Noel

3 hours ago, Ixoye said:

As I have said, I get these pop sounds from time to time and I think they are related to the big red spikes that you can see in Dev mode in the game at some special places, because the worst ones also make the game stutter at the same time, so the pops rarely happen and are not particularly loud either, I have never heard them outside MSFS so it is nothing that can be related to AMD CPU's, rather to some terrain bugs in MSFS.

Okay but I have NEVER had an issue with this issue in MSFS, FSX, P3D--all with Intel CPUs.

Noel

12 hours ago, Republic3D said:

I wouldn't cancel my order over something like that, the solution (if it happens) is $40-50 for a DAC / external sound card with headset jacks, which includes better quality sound.

That's nice--no way I would be hunting for parts to fix a defect inherent in the CPU/Mobo/RAM, if indeed it is a defect.  So far in this poll 10% say its there and persistent and 90% no.

Noel

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Noel said:

Oh good god give me a break I've assembled 20 PCs over the years and not a one with this issue.  Here's where I learned about this and there are multiple threads discussing this:

‎04-05-2023 03:32 PM

High Latency Causing Skipping/Audio Problems - Only Happens with my AMD Builds

Description of Original Problem: Been getting audio popping/clicking after a day or two of PC being on. This only started happening on my AMD systems. Came from an i9 9900K build a few months ago and had no issues. I then went from that to a 5950x build and audio popping started, exact same issue with this 7950x3d build. Two totally different motherboards and ram setups obviously as one was AM4 and this system is AM5. I have an external Audio Interface (Focusrite Solo 3rd Gen) and I've had it for all the same pc's so I don't suspect that to be the issue. I found what drivers were causing the latency per LatencyMon. I will post my log from just 30 minutes of playing Rust when it was popping really bad. Not only does this affect the audio but when I also get high latency spikes that show in LatencyMon I also get a brief stutter so it seems to be an issue for entire PC not just the audio. wdf01000.sys leads to the most interrupt to process latency and nvlddmkm,sys is the highest DPC execution time.

No way in hell I"m going to buy other parts to fix this if it's an issue, WHICH IS WHY I ASKED HERE.

Lol..

FROM YOUR OWN POST SNIPPET... it states the gentleman is using his OWN Audio device and he FOUND THE CAUSE to be the DRIVERS for HIS OWN EXTERNAL AUDIO DEVICE ... .

If you actually DID the research and knew what you were doing you would have realized that the two issues he could have been facing was either a driver issue or the USB issue that was afflicting some users of Socket AM4 ( I do not have socket AM5) to speak with certainty but regardless that was fixed with an AGESA update.

Good luck with your build sir .. you're gonna need it.

Edited by Maxis

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D/ Asus ROG Strix B650E F Gaming WiFi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200 Pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li LanCool II Mesh Performance / Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard Amp.

Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke + T.16000M Joystick + TFRP Rudders

1 hour ago, Noel said:

Okay but I have NEVER had an issue with this issue in MSFS, FSX, P3D--all with Intel CPUs.

But it is not a problem related to AMD CPU as I have explained, not in my case anyway.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Maxis said:

How charming !

So if its new to you show up on here with an open mind and humble yourself instead of speaking in absolutes like you know what youre doing.. The way your writing on these pc topics is demonstrating to me that your  20 years of experience means didly squat.

As charming as your insults are.  First, I didn't come in here speaking in absolutes, I came here with an honest question having never used AMD CPU/GPU.  Your snarky comments attempting to invalidate 20+ years of assembling flawless PCs, all safely overclocked for years, for myself and family and friends because what, I'm not aware of the sources of audio pops/clicks?  Never experienced them in any PC built with Intel.  That article I linked to was only one of several; moreover, the article you got your kicks on was from a user coming from Intel w/o this issue.  ALL of his AMD systems manifested this issue  "Came from an i9 9900K build a few months ago and had no issues. I then went from that to a 5950x build and audio popping started, exact same issue with this 7950x3d build...."   Again, time was of the essence in deciding to continue to go w/ this CPU, that's all.  Didn't need your snarky comments and they most certainly are.

Noel