Sign in to follow this  

Posted (edited)

I’m using preset E, mostly because Eager Donkey sounds so cool 😎 But also because nVidia allegedly has introduced this new preset along with 3.7. I’ve done a couple of flights and so far ghosting/blurriness/shimmering don’t seem worse.

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

1 hour ago, mmcmah said:

Agreed with the above comment, except to add the following (after a long time yesterday trying to see if the new Preeet E made any difference):

If you use DLSS / DLAA as suggested above, use Nvidia Profile Inspector to set Preset F. If you use DLSS with Ultra Quality / Quality / etc., try Preset C.

Personally, I found Preset E to have much more ghosting when using DLSS / DLAA.

For reference, here's an explanation of the presets: https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/165yxyy/dlss_35_presets/?rdt=42823

I tought Preset F is Ultra quality. I pretty sure, it did came along with that settings in several youtube videos.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Fielder said:

EDIT: Also you can't just drop this file in a folder where the old file was. You have to make a change in the registry. No big deal. Hard to explain, but easy to do.

What registry? With reg edit or with DLSStweaker? So just replacing .dll files doesent do anyhing if using Nvidia Profile Inspector with Preset E (unused)?

DLSS Tweaks requires a registry edit, among other convoluted stuff to work properly. The same can be achieved with inspector though…

• Upvote 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

1 hour ago, mmcmah said:

If you use DLSS / DLAA as suggested above, use Nvidia Profile Inspector to set Preset F. If you use DLSS with Ultra Quality / Quality / etc., try Preset C.

would you please explain how can I do that? it has been a long time since I used the inspector.

• Like 1

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

Just now, Cpt_Piett said:

DLSS Tweaks requires a registry edit, among other convoluted stuff to work properly. The same can be achieved with inspector though…

Ok, i just cant believe, why there isnt tutorials for Profile inspector. All the tutorials are with DLSSswapper and DLSStweaks. So im good with copy-overwrited .dll files and with preset E in profile inspector? 

Is new DLSS 3.7 suppose to use with DLSS Quality setting?  I had ultra quality visible in MSFS with preset E also, i tough it works only with preset F.

43 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I’m using preset E, mostly because Eager Donkey sounds so cool 😎 But also because nVidia allegedly has introduced this new preset along with 3.7. I’ve done a couple of flights and so far ghosting/blurriness/shimmering don’t seem worse.

I tried E out last night (and C and A and F) and for me F was best due to DLAA being used.

8 minutes ago, penta_a said:

would you please explain how can I do that? it has been a long time since I used the inspector.

I'm driving right now, but I'll try to post a link to a great guide that @Cpt_Piett posted a while ago on getting DLDSR working correctly.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Corsten said:

Ok, i just cant believe, why there isnt tutorials for Profile inspector. All the tutorials are with DLSSswapper and DLSStweaks. So im good with copy-overwrited .dll files and with preset E in profile inspector? 

Is new DLSS 3.7 suppose to use with DLSS Quality setting?  I had ultra quality visible in MSFS with preset E also, i tough it works only with preset F.

Not sure why IslandSimPilot uses Tweaks instead of Inspector. Manually copying and overwriting then selecting preset in Inspector is what I do. 3.7 can be used with any of the DLSS settings - balanced, quality etc. They did however include the new preset E (“Eager Donkey”) with 3.7. Preset E works with DLAA, quality and ultra quality.

https://github.com/NVIDIAGameWorks/Streamline/releases/tag/v2.4.0

- DLSS Super Resolution
    - Added Alpha Upscale Support
    - Added new preset for image quality improvement

12 minutes ago, mmcmah said:

I tried E out last night (and C and A and F) and for me F was best due to DLAA being used.

I previously used F with ultra quality, but want to test the new preset E with 3.7. So far no negative effects. I’m currently using DLSS+DLAA.

Im getting super confused by the two DLSS threads, half of the time I don’t even know which thread I’m posting in…

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Not sure why IslandSimPilot uses Tweaks instead of Inspector. Manually copying and overwriting then selecting preset in Inspector is what I do. 3.7 can be used with any of the DLSS settings - balanced, quality etc. They did however include the new preset E (“Eager Donkey”) with 3.7. Preset E works with DLAA, quality and ultra quality.

https://github.com/NVIDIAGameWorks/Streamline/releases/tag/v2.4.0

I previously used F with ultra quality, but want to test the new preset E with 3.7. So far no negative effects. I’m currently using DLSS+DLAA.

Does your Inspector still show Preset E as Unused? Nothing I did yesterday changed that when when I selected it. As such, I'm not 100% sure I've tried it.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, mmcmah said:

I'm driving right now, but I'll try to post a link to a great guide that @Cpt_Piett posted a while ago on getting DLDSR working correctly.

Lol, be careful when driving and posting on avsim at the same time 😱😅

5 minutes ago, mmcmah said:

Does your Inspector still show Preset E as Unused? Nothing I did yesterday changed that when when I selected it. As such, I'm not 100% sure I've tried it.

Yes. It can still be used though. It’s working, but I haven’t used it enough to determine what the changes are. In one of these similar threads I posted two links to articles about 3.7 referring to the improvements.

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Lol, be careful when driving and posting on avsim at the same time 😱😅

Yes. It can still be used though. It’s working, but I haven’t used it enough to determine what the changes are. In one of these similar threads I posted two links to articles about 3.7 referring to the improvements.

Interesting. Thanks for the response (still driving 😉). I'm honestly not seeing any improvement from Preset E over Preset C and for the DLAA that I'm now using (will test with DLSS to see if there's a difference), I prefer Preset F. Much much sharper and less ghosting.

I'm testing with the Kodiak and looking at the PFD display.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, penta_a said:

I’ve posted the link to an older code thread I made (still checks out though), but I’ll share an abbreviated version here:

• download version 2.4.0.4 of inspector on GitHub
  • go to issue #156 - DLSS related setting added - and download CustomSettingNames-DLSS.zip, or just use this link
  • extract into inspector folder (the folder where nvidiaProfileInspector.exe resides)
  • change DLSS settings in inspector global profile under section 5 - Common:

1mznIgk.jpeg

Other presets can be used. Render at 0.85x native will enable DLSS ultra quality in MSFS menu, but for FG both DLSS .dll need to be present in the MSFS .exe folder.

This is a screenshot from one of IslandSimPilot’s recent videos:

qZGmceF.jpeg

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, mmcmah said:

Interesting. Thanks for the response (still driving 😉). I'm honestly not seeing any improvement from Preset E over Preset C and for the DLAA that I'm now using (will test with DLSS to see if there's a difference), I prefer Preset F. Much much sharper and less ghosting.

I'm testing with the Kodiak and looking at the PFD display.

Indeed.

I've run extensive tests on two different MSFS setups with resolution being the only difference in terms of settings in use. 7800X3D and RTX 4090 was used for 4K whilst 5800X3D and RTX 4070 was used for 1440p. The result is clear. The higher your resolution, the less apparent the issue becomes. As you've already discovered yourself, Preset F offers the least amount of smearing of all available presets when using DLSS (DLAA). Preset E has horrendous smear but slightly less shimmer. That being said, it will come down to personal preference and/or tolerance.

I personally can't tolerate the level of smear, even if greatly reduced using Preset F in 4K and a custom reshade profile with text sharpened and so I'm back to DX12 / FG with TAA, shimmering objects and all.

Edited by AviationEnthusiast
  • Like 1