Sign in to follow this  

1 hour ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I’ve posted the link to an older code thread I made (still checks out though), but I’ll share an abbreviated version here:

many thanks Sir

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

22 minutes ago, AviationEnthusiast said:

Indeed.

I've run extensive tests on two different MSFS setups with resolution being the only difference in terms of settings in use. 7800X3D and RTX 4090 was used for 4K whilst 5800X3D and RTX 4070 was used for 1440p. The result is clear. The higher your resolution, the less apparent the issue becomes. As you've already discovered yourself, Preset F offers the least amount of smearing of all available presets when using DLSS (DLAA). Preset E has horrendous smear but slightly less shimmer. That being said, it will come down to personal preference and/or tolerance.

I personally can't tolerate the level of smear, even if greatly reduced using Preset F in 4K and a custom reshade profile with text sharpened and so I'm back to DX12 / FG with TAA, shimmering objects and all.

Preset E was awful for smearing, as you say. I find F to be at the very limit of what I will accept and so I have chosen it because the shimmering and overall image (to me) is more distracting when using TAA. As you have aptly put it, it will come down to personal preference and/or tolerance.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Corsten said:

What registry? With reg edit or with DLSStweaker? So just replacing .dll files doesent do anyhing if using Nvidia Profile Inspector with Preset E (unused)?

It's a long process and includes two .exe files which change and unchange the windows registry. Merely replacing the .dll files will not work because the new .dll is not yet in published form, but experimental form for developers.

Remember the process in the video is for people without 4000 series cards but are using FG anyway using the FG mod which came out months ago.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

27 minutes ago, mmcmah said:

Preset E was awful for smearing, as you say. I find F to be at the very limit of what I will accept and so I have chosen it because the shimmering and overall image (to me) is more distracting when using TAA. As you have aptly put it, it will come down to personal preference and/or tolerance.

Yeah, there's no perfect solution out there right now but most will probably find Preset F acceptable. To live with TAA, I went ahead and disabled the default post process sharpen setting (UserCfg.opt) and it's now controlled through a custom reshade instead. Much better than default.

spacer.png

Most gamers (first person shooters) have scenery far less dense than good MSFS scenery. But it is moving faster as the player spins around to check his six and swiftly swings his scoped rifle. Thus the FPS player is the more likely to see ghosting than the MSFS simmer. But ghosting comes into play on moving tapes on glass screens.

DLSS has more ghosting than TAA. Which doesn't bother me much because I use an auxillary touchscreen that shows the Garmins enlarged. Meanwhile DLSS with FG is providing me with 30% + more fps than TAA or TLAA with FG.

A more user friendly release version of DLSS 3.7 is probably coming soon and will be drop and play, most likely.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

55 minutes ago, Fielder said:

It's a long process and includes two .exe files which change and unchange the windows registry. Merely replacing the .dll files will not work because the new .dll is not yet in published form, but experimental form for developers.

Remember the process in the video is for people without 4000 series cards but are using FG anyway using the FG mod which came out months ago.

So taking nvngx_dlss.dll from Nvidia´s official streamline github and paste it to msfs folder, add preset E/F in nvidia profile inspector, it doesent work? I am confused, because there is opposite info from other users that this way and with profile inspector it would work.

I was going by the video. He started out by saying you can't just drop nvngx_dlss into the folder. He said the reason was that this is a developers version and has to be modified. (At 4:40 into the video, and then at 6:45)

Posted (edited)

NVIDIA DLSS 3 Frame Generation DLL 3.7.0

LATEST

nvngx_dlssg_3.7.0.zip

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/nvidia-dlss-3-frame-generation-dll/

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 3

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

39 minutes ago, Corsten said:

So taking nvngx_dlss.dll from Nvidia´s official streamline github and paste it to msfs folder, add preset E/F in nvidia profile inspector, it doesent work? I am confused, because there is opposite info from other users that this way and with profile inspector it would work.

I believe that will work. The vast majority of the video had to do with enabling the frame gen mod. The registry tweak that he uses disables the Nvidia signature check, which I think is only needed for the frame gen mod. I saw no difference with the registry entries added or not.

2 hours ago, AviationEnthusiast said:

The result is clear. The higher your resolution, the less apparent the issue becomes. As you've already discovered yourself, Preset F offers the least amount of smearing of all available presets when using DLSS (DLAA). Preset E has horrendous smear but slightly less shimmer. That being said, it will come down to personal preference and/or tolerance.

I personally can't tolerate the level of smear, even if greatly reduced using Preset F in 4K and a custom reshade profile with text sharpened and so I'm back to DX12 / FG with TAA, shimmering objects and all.

Interesting. Been running preset E at 4K, and I might have noticed "smearing" on a few occasions. That was in the 146 though which is a steam gauge aircraft. Is the effect more pronounced on glass cockpits? Horrendous is a pretty strong word...

I haven't noticed any shimmer so far. Going to do a flight in the A300 now, still on Eager Donkey. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

Posted (edited)

He's baaaack!

With an easier way to "simple install" DLSS 3.7

(he adds this as message  #1)

"IMPORTANT: In order to get Preset E to work, you HAVE to use the DLSSTweaks process. Without it, you will not get the full benefit. It's not just as simple as using DLSS Swapper and swapping the files."

At 11:40 he shows how to confirm which presets you are actually using (by viewing a .log file which lists all the presets now actually being used).

Edited by Fielder
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Interesting. Been running preset E at 4K, and I might have noticed "smearing" on a few occasions. That was in the 146 though which is a steam gauge aircraft. Is the effect more pronounced on glass cockpits? Horrendous is a pretty strong word...

I haven't noticed any shimmer so far. Going to do a flight in the A300 now, still on Eager Donkey. 

I would agree with the "horrendous" categorization. Try it with the Kodiak, if you have it. Something with a glass cockpit will make it apparent.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Corsten said:

With that setup, there is no need for dlss. I recodem to you

- use dsr factors,tick them all 

-use dlss DLAA setup in msfs, use frame generation.

- increase resolution in msfs that much you can afford. Msfs fps is fps without frame generation. To get real fps, you must double the msfs fps amount. With fg 60fps is 120fps for your eyes.

What if I do not have DSR option in my NCP? Should I use stick with TAA? I have better visuals with TAA than with DLSS 3.6. FPS are around 70-80 with TAA.  

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, mmcmah said:

I would agree with the "horrendous" categorization. Try it with the Kodiak, if you have it. Something with a glass cockpit will make it apparent.

I have it, and I believe you both, so I don't feel the need to check it out. Currently in the A300 and it seems fine. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f