Sign in to follow this  

8 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

That’s 100% understandable. For some reason I get very little ghosting, at least not at a level where it’s distracting. Very strange.

Bare in mind that ghosting also is less seen if you are closer to displays or MCP numbers if you wish. The further the distance from these, more ghosting you get.

• Like 1

Sergio Naiberg

Posted (edited)

Lot's to read but if I understand correctly:

DLAA: Runs at your current resolution but gives a better image quality then TAA | More GPU demanding.

DLSS: Runs at a lower resolution but then upscales it. | More CPU demanding.

1. So if you have a good system, you should want to use DLAA over TAA for better quality, correct?
  2. Now if I try to use DLAA, I do get ghosting in the instruments and screens...Is that a know bug Asobo needs to fix? 
  3. Does updating DLSS to 3.7 have any effect on DLAA?

Thanks all!

Edited by iFlySimX

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, SN737 said:

Bare in mind that ghosting also is less seen if you are closer to displays or MCP numbers if you wish. The further the distance from these, more ghosting you get.

Didn't think of that. I like to set up the cockpit view so that I can see the PFD and as much of the outside as possible. 

2 hours ago, iFlySimX said:

Lot's to read but if I understand correctly:

DLAA: Runs at your current resolution but gives a better image quality then TAA | More GPU demanding.

DLSS: Runs at a lower resolution but then upscales it. | More CPU demanding.

1. So if you have a good system, you should want to use DLAA over TAA for better quality, correct?
  2. Now if I try to use DLAA, I do get ghosting in the instruments and screens...Is that a know bug Asobo needs to fix? 
  3. Does updating DLSS to 3.7 have any effect on DLAA?

DLAA at current resolution, yes. If you've got a decent GPU there's no need to downscale using any of the other DLSS options. DLAA in combination with DLSS gives better image quality (better antialiasing, less shimmering) than TAA in my opinion. 

1. That's my preference. I think the image quality is superb. 
  2. If you get ghosting with DLSS+DLAA, I'd recommend to use preset F (can be set in nvidia profile inspector)
  3. My take on this is that there's improvements with every new DLSS version, so I always update. Not sure about effect on DLAA specifically though
Edited by Cpt_Piett

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | MSI Gaming Trio X RTX 4090 | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6200 32-38-38-30 32GB | Gigabyte X670 AORUS ELITE AX | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

I do not get the DLSS setting shown in my nVIDIA Profile Inspector. What am I missing?

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

3 minutes ago, AnkH said:

I do not get the DLSS setting shown in my nVIDIA Profile Inspector. What am I missing?

I made a "how-to" video a while back: https://youtu.be/47X4B0XREbc?si=Vt0i1glwdZG8SJkA

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | MSI Gaming Trio X RTX 4090 | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6200 32-38-38-30 32GB | Gigabyte X670 AORUS ELITE AX | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD

41 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Didn't think of that. I like to set up the cockpit view so that I can see the PFD and as much of the outside as possible. 

DLAA at current resolution, yes. If you've got a decent GPU there's no need to downscale using any of the other DLSS options. DLAA in combination with DLSS gives better image quality (better antialiasing, less shimmering) than TAA in my opinion. 

1. That's my preference. I think the image quality is superb. 
  2. If you get ghosting with DLSS+DLAA, I'd recommend to use preset F (can be set in nvidia profile inspector)
  3. My take on this is that there's improvements with every new DLSS version, so I always update. Not sure about effect on DLAA specifically though

Any other recommended settings in the inspector?

4 minutes ago, mobiel said:

Any other recommended settings in the inspector?

I have quite a few custom settings, some of which are more important than others. All in the global/base profile. I'll try to list them briefly here (only the ones that don't exist in nvidia control panel): 

• 5 - Common:
    • CUDA force P2 state: off
    • DLSS force all quality levels to DLAA: off
    • DLSS preset F
    • DLSS forced scaling ratio: 0.85x native (enables DLSS ultra quality in MSFS)
    • rBAR feature: enabled
    • rBAR options: 0x00000000001
    • rBAR size limit: 0x000000004000000
  • Other:
    • Memory allocation policy: 0x0000000001 (moderate pre-allocation)

Please don't ask me what the last setting is for - I've forgotten 😅

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Agreed for now - Preset F and DLSS DLAA isn't perfect but the fruit machine effect is reduced. I'm not sure about performance  (I'm more interested in visual quality) as I limit my frames via V-SYNC to 30 FPS across my three monitors. My objective is to maintain the 30 FPS as opposed to achieving higher FPS on a single screen.

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

14 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I have quite a few custom settings, some of which are more important than others. All in the global/base profile. I'll try to list them briefly here (only the ones that don't exist in nvidia control panel): 

• 5 - Common:
    • CUDA force P2 state: off
    • DLSS force all quality levels to DLAA: off
    • DLSS preset F
    • DLSS forced scaling ratio: 0.85x native (enables DLSS ultra quality in MSFS)
    • rBAR feature: enabled
    • rBAR options: 0x00000000001
    • rBAR size limit: 0x000000004000000
  • Other:
    • Memory allocation policy: 0x0000000001 (moderate pre-allocation)

Please don't ask me what the last setting is for - I've forgotten 😅

Thanks.

But if I set DLSS scaling ratio to 0.85x native I do not have the setting DLSS ultra quality in MSFS

1 minute ago, mobiel said:

Thanks.

But if I set DLSS scaling ratio to 0.85x native I do not have the setting DLSS ultra quality in MSFS

You need to update both DLSS versions and have both in the FlightSimulator.exe folder. Mine is here: C:\XboxGames\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Content

10 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

You need to update both DLSS versions and have both in the FlightSimulator.exe folder. Mine is here: C:\XboxGames\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Content

Why the hell was it reverted back to 3.5?
Now it works with 3.7 - thank you

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KL Oo said:

Agreed for now - Preset F and DLSS DLAA isn't perfect but the fruit machine effect is reduced. I'm not sure about performance  (I'm more interested in visual quality) as I limit my frames via V-SYNC to 30 FPS across my three monitors. My objective is to maintain the 30 FPS as opposed to achieving higher FPS on a single screen.

"fruit machine" i like that !

ROG Crossair Hero X670e , 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM  6000 ( allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer iii 360 AIO  . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz ( allegedly ) TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

On 4/22/2024 at 7:27 AM, KL Oo said:

Actually - On further review, I will say that Preset F does improve the ghosting/fruit machine effect. 

I tried turning on Frame Generation with DLSS DLAA Preset F and got some horrible blurry effects on the scenery...not sure if others are reporting that. 

Yes.  The FG artifacts / blurring is obviously a completely different issue from the DLSS blurring / fruit machine effects. 
I see it a lot so I have turned off FG and even gone back to DX11, also due to the missing ground textures / bleed through in DX12 (which they might still fix in SU15 hopefully - I am still expecting a last beta update this week).

I see the FG artifacts quite a lot in YouTube videos as well, when looking at the turbines spinning etc. 
It doesn't seem to bother the YouTubers too much for some reason, but I really dislike it, because with such superb graphics in the sim otherwise, this spoils it.

I will say I think the artifacts (from FG) are a lot worse at low frame rates.  At 30 going for 60 with FG they are quite bad, but at 60 going for 120 FG they are barely visible if at all.  Obvious I suppose.

• Like 4

Rob (but call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind).

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.