Sign in to follow this  
cseilerde

Remove Dune loading screen

4 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

Does the dune screen make you all feel like less of a make believe pilot? 

Now that you mention it, it does ruin my airline captain role-playing quite a bit.

• Like 2

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

I wouldn't have minded it if it didn't overshadow the Caribbean World Update. My part of the world finally got to shine in a flight sim and not a lot of time passed before we got hit with the Dune stuff. Aside from that, not a big deal but it would be nice if we could have a choice in the matter.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

It's not hilarious. I purchased a flight simulator, not a science fiction space simulator or whatsoever. We also don't show submarines in a car racing game.

• Like 1

Never really noticed it. MSFS loads on my right hand screen, there is always something else (usually work) on my left. 

• Upvote 2

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

7 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

Avsim never disappoints! Are y’all going to start shaking your fist at the clouds outside next? 

It’s a loading screen of a video game. Sounds like everyone has some fragile egos. Does the dune screen make you all feel like less of a make believe pilot? 

seriously, this thread is hilarious. 

We're complaining quite humbly about pictures on a screen. You're literally insulting people.  Who is the one with a fragile ego? 

• Like 2

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Just now, styckx said:

We're complaining quite humbly about pictures on a screen. You're literally insulting people.  Who is the one with a fragile ego? 

Oh man! Pure gold. Your first sentence says more than you could imagine.

• Like 2

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

3 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

Oh man! Pure gold. Your first sentence says more than you could imagine.

Yet you didn't say a thing.

Go on. I'm waiting.  

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

8 minutes ago, styckx said:

Yet you didn't say a thing.

Go on. I'm waiting.  

I’ve said what I said. No need to say anything else to someone who gets annoyed by a video game screen. What a joke. 

• Like 2

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

I don't care about the Dune loadscreen (or any other load screen for that matter) because loading up MSFS takes so long that I'm always doing something else during that time.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

spacer.png5800X3D, 64GB 3200 RAM, 7900 XT 20GB

1 hour ago, Paul K said:

I just go and make a cup of tea while the game loads up. Or look out of the window, or something.

I normally go away for 5 minutes to avoid the very ugly view of the Dune thing. Hopefully SU15 will do its task.

• Like 2

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I never look at the loading screen. It's there for much too long anyway. So I always skip task and do something else until the main menu actually is loading.

Personally I think the inclusion of these science fiction aircraft, either on the loading screen or in game, cheapens the MSFS brand.  I get why they do it however.  Money.

• Like 2

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

3 hours ago, cseilerde said:

Hi there, 

Does anyone know how these Dune loading screens can be removed? I'm really not a fan of this.

Thanks, 

Christian

I don't see the big deal.

It's a game after all anyway.

In the future there will be more of this type of stuff to monetize the game.

We will probably see ads someday as they are prevalent everywhere.

49 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

Are y’all going to start shaking your fist at the clouds outside next? 

That depends. 

Are the clouds grainy?

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

i9-13900K | 6400MHz DDR5 (32GB) | GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | ViewSonic 27in QHD VA 165Hz Curved | Windows 10 |

MSFS Premium Deluxe | PMDG 737 | PMDG 777 | Horizon 787-9

Marc

Posted (edited)

I want to come up with a new word or phrase for people that belittle other's views on here; passively-aggressively insulting them and alluding that they're imbeciles because of their view(s).

I'm going to go with the phrase;  Lofty Nosers  (on the basis that these people look down their noses at others, from a great height). 😄

It's usually the same people too, who only ever post negative, belittling comments along the lines of "Omg.. this place is a joke. You're complaining about XXXXX, on a silly video game, blah, blah".

Until there's a minor, pedantic matter that bugs them, then they'll be all over that 😄

Every single post and comment on here (or any other forum) is 100% subjective.  What is 'nothing' to some, is a big deal to others.   So to judge others' comments as pedantic and silly is meaningless and pretty egotistical.  Who decides what is meaningless and what is important?

For the record, I detest the Dune loading screen 😄 ... but not enough to buy a payware loading screen app thing.   Probably not enough to do anything about it, other than wait for SU15, or to go boil an egg or something.

Edited by JYW
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 2

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)