Sign in to follow this  
hvw

VSync in FS2020 or in NCP?

8 hours ago, hvw said:

Just a quick-n-dirty question. What is better, VSync On in FS2020 or in NVidia Control Panel? Or even not at all set to On?

Thanks,
Hans

maybe you should look at the frame gen mod too ,to help you out 

• Like 1

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer iii 360 AIO  . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

57 minutes ago, bofhlusr said:

How is V-Sync in NCP and in the sim different?

I don't know, except to say that the in-sim vsync isn't as smooth as the NVCP vsync on my setup. 

I've heard people in this forum say that the in-sim vsync "has more latency" but I'm not sure if that is hardware-specific or not.

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

51 minutes ago, sonny147 said:

Mace you really should consider getting at least a 120hz/144hz screen difference with the 4090 is great ! i just got one makes a whole world of difference 

Yeah I haven't been convinced of a blatant need for me to do that, my setup right now is super-smooth.  I'm thinking about getting an LG C3 TV though, but maybe only to hook up my simrig to it occasionally, just to see what it's like with OLED or HDR etc. etc.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

yeah i looked at the LG c series , but couldn't justify the cost for my personal use ( i have a wife and kids lol ) but moving up to TCL Qled 120hz with the 4090 is a real game changer for me , and with the 50" screen its just fantastic , if i were you and you can afford it , its a no brainer going to a 120 or even a 144 hz you will see really what the 4090 monster is really designed for 🙂

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer iii 360 AIO  . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

3 minutes ago, sonny147 said:

yeah i looked at the LG c series , but couldn't justify the cost for my personal use ( i have a wife and kids lol ) but moving up to TCL Qled 120hz with the 4090 is a real game changer for me , and with the 50" screen its just fantastic , if i were you and you can afford it , its a no brainer going to a 120 or even a 144 hz you will see really what the 4090 monster is really designed for 🙂

The problem with that expensive idea  is that even with a current gen CPU and a 4090 and FG  at complex airports with lots of  AI traffic your not going to get more than 80-90 FPS and I doubt you would see the difference with 60 FPS.  But yes, if I could justify a new monitor/TV, a 50 inch OLED would be on my radar if I wasn't yet to be entirely convinced of PC use with OLED screens.

Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

I use in sim with DX11 and in NVCP with DX12 + FG

• Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

5 hours ago, brucewtb said:

The problem with that expensive idea  is that even with a current gen CPU and a 4090 and FG  at complex airports with lots of  AI traffic your not going to get more than 80-90 FPS and I doubt you would see the difference with 60 FPS.  But yes, if I could justify a new monitor/TV, a 50 inch OLED would be on my radar if I wasn't yet to be entirely convinced of PC use with OLED screens.

I agree. There is a strong case to to rather invest in a quality 4K 144Hz monitor / TV and a 4070Ti Super or 4080 (both have the same 16GB VRAM) rather than shell out on a 4090 paired with a lesser monitor. Fact is, none of today’s CPU’s can keep up with a 4090 and MSFS is reliant on the CPU for some critical graphics such as LOD’s. I can get 80 - 90 FPS on my 4K monitor with my 4070TiS, FG on and maxed sim graphics settings, except the two LOD settings, as my i7-14700K single thread performance taps out. For MSFS specifically, a 4090 will come in to its own only when CPU speeds and performance are significantly increased above the fastest ones on the market today (or MS figures out how to better use all the other CPU cores (maybe MSFS2024).

• Like 1

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

6 hours ago, Mace said:

I don't know, except to say that the in-sim vsync isn't as smooth as the NVCP vsync on my setup. 

I've heard people in this forum say that the in-sim vsync "has more latency" but I'm not sure if that is hardware-specific or not.

You might be right? That seems to that makes sense since the NVCP software stack is closer to the hardware than settings set in MSFS. I'm hoping MSFS users can test that in their set-up and comment on their personal experience.

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

10 hours ago, sonny147 said:

maybe you should look at the frame gen mod too ,to help you out 

I understood that this mod is not multi-monitor compatible and only can be used under DX-12. (I'm still using DX-11)

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

Following topic, what is the difference in VSYNC option in NVCP between ON and FAST?

• Like 2

Really?
If you hover over the VSync setting in NVCP it will tell you.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR

I use the NCP option for VSync. The last time I checked, the in-sim VSync wouldn't work at all when DX12 is enabled. Has that been corrected?

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

2 minutes ago, David Mills said:

I use the NCP option for VSync. The last time I checked, the in-sim VSync wouldn't work at all when DX12 is enabled. Has that been corrected?

I wouldn't know if it is working in DX12 but unfortunately I found that using Vsync in NCP together with max fps set to half of the monitor's frequency gives some problems with undocking instrument panels. (Wrote about that in a few messages back)

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

1 hour ago, David Mills said:

AFAIK it has been corrected. I fly in DX12 mostly with vsync set tp 100% of monotor rate which for me is 120hz.  Summary: VSYNC works in DX12

-B

• Like 1

I don't use Vsync at all, I limit the FPS to 60 with RTSS (monitor refresh rate is 165 but set to 120) and my sim is smooth as silk in DX12 with FG. I also don't use any LOD or FPS mods.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White