Sign in to follow this  
Bakern

NEW Aerosoft Oslo Early Access! | ✈️ENGM ⇄ ENBO✈️

1 hour ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Wow. Just wow. The attention to detail is insane. This is some of the best I’ve seen so far - perhaps THE best!

I am so glad this developer is also doing FRA... truly amazing 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, anden145 said:

Amazing! Does this release tomorrow?

Jo Erlend say so... 😉

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Aglos77 said:

Is it really worth that level of detail inside an airport?

I'm very much also in the camp of "if I can't see it from the cockpit at the gate, it doesn't need to be modeled".

At the same time, I recognize that simming means different things to different people. Some people enjoy the experience of leaving the plane through the terminal, and judging by the number of recent sceneries with detailed interiors, this doesn't appear to be just a small minority. If it can be done without negatively impacting performance (and in the hands of a capable developer like Jo, I think it can), then why not?

38 minutes ago, Aglos77 said:

With this simulator I get the feeling that we are focusing on "eye candy" and losing sight of many other things that have always been important in the world of simulation.

Can you clarify what you think is missing from ENGM / what the developer has lost sight of? The airside detail looks exquisite to me -- all that I could hope for in a rendition of ENGM.

Very much looking forward to this as I fly to Oslo regularly in real life.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Aglos77 said:

Is it really worth that level of detail inside an airport? With this simulator I get the feeling that we are focusing on "eye candy" and losing sight of many other things that have always been important in the world of simulation.

Immersion is everything in a simulated world, so the more detail the better as far as I am concerned.

• Like 4

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

26 minutes ago, martinboehme said:

También soy partidario de "si no puedo verlo desde la cabina en la puerta, no es necesario modelarlo".

Al mismo tiempo, reconozco que simular significa cosas diferentes para diferentes personas. Algunas personas disfrutan de la experiencia de bajar del avión por la terminal y, a juzgar por la cantidad de escenarios recientes con interiores detallados, no parece ser sólo una pequeña minoría. Si se puede hacer sin afectar negativamente el rendimiento (y en manos de un desarrollador capaz como Jo, creo que se puede), entonces ¿por qué no?

¿Puedes aclarar qué crees que falta en ENGM/qué ha perdido de vista el desarrollador? Los detalles de la zona de operaciones me parecen exquisitos: todo lo que podría esperar de una interpretación de ENGM.

Tengo muchas ganas de que llegue esto, ya que vuelo a Oslo con regularidad en la vida real.

Maybe I should have written in a separate thread, at this airport nothing is wrong, it looks perfect. This was just a thought out loud about the overall situation of MFS addon development.

I have the ORBX one, just received a big update..., saw Filbertflies doing a comparison on Youtube. 

I am a big fan of Jo Erlend and have his Brussels scenery which is great. Also really like the Aerosoft VDGS ( glass quality )

I am in doubt, flying a lot from Oslo , but if it can justify? probably I will bite the bullet, specially because it is from Jo.

• Like 1

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

1 minute ago, pilotter said:

I have the ORBX one, just received a big update..., saw Filbertflies doing a comparison on Youtube. 

I am a big fan of Jo Erlend and have his Brussels scenery which is great. Also really like the Aerosoft VDGS ( glass quality )

I am in doubt, flying a lot from Oslo , but if it can justify? probably I will bite the bullet, specially because it is from Jo.

I'm sorry but in my opinion you can't compare Jo's work with ORBX. 

• Like 2

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

1 minute ago, iFlySimX said:

I'm sorry but in my opinion you can't compare Jo's work with ORBX. 

When Orbx name their lead developer (Finn Hansen in this instance), you can.

I still think Jo's rendition looks that bit nicer, but this is the first time ever I've felt saddened that there have been two versions of the same airport. Both are high-quality sceneries.

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

When Orbx name their lead developer (Finn Hansen in this instance), you can.

I still think Jo's rendition looks that bit nicer, but this is the first time ever I've felt saddened that there have been two versions of the same airport. Both are high-quality sceneries.

yes this has nothing to do with Orbx, both sceneries look great.

Edited by pilotter

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

Sometimes you say "I won't buy this scenery because I never fly from/to this place."

And then, there are some sceneries that you will buy because this is a masterpiece, a must buy and then you will start to fly from/to this place because of that.

Jo Erlend's sceneries are those kind of sceneries...

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Going live to take a look at this new masterpiece from Jo! 

Edited by iFlySimX

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

4 hours ago, pilotter said:

I have the ORBX one, just received a big update...

I purchased the ORBx version from the MS Marketplace, so I will probably get the update around Christmas :dry:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Aglos77 said:

Is it really worth that level of detail inside an airport? With this simulator I get the feeling that we are focusing on "eye candy" and losing sight of many other things that have always been important in the world of simulation.

I think it adds to the immersion. As simmers we spend quite a bit of time in virtual airports, so I would say “why not”? Also focusing on one thing doesn’t have to mean other things stop being important.

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 2

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Posted (edited)

Just a quick one.  I have the recent release from ORBX.  When I say recent, it was last year.

The ORBX rendition is really nice.  Just wanted to see if anyone else on here owns the ORBX version and if so, are you planning to replace it?

Jase

Edited by JaseMelbo

Jaseman. Lovin it up here........

Catch us over at MassieSim32 -> https://discord.gg/B4buuHGhcr

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JaseMelbo said:

Just a quick one.  I have the recent release from ORBX.  When I say recent, it was last year.

The ORBX rendition is really nice.  Just wanted to see if anyone else on here owns the ORBX version and if so, are you planning to replace it?

Jase

No, I won't be. This newer airport is great, don't get me wrong, so I feel like it would be redundant. The ORBX version is also amazing, highly detailed, great performance and still with a ton of features.

TLDR: Nah. The orbx one is amazing.

And it was recently updated today from the ORBX site.

Edited by Sonosusto
  • Like 1

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---