Sign in to follow this  
Greazer

2024 Premium Deluxe

3 minutes ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

No you mean throttle back.

In the context of what I was talking about, can you point out anything they did to make 2020 less realistic for the sake of Xbox?

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

16 minutes ago, Krakin said:

So tell me why the Xbox version sucks so much compared to the PC version? PC version has far better peripheral and 3rd party support. The PC version has far more graphical options and can be modded (Frame generation, Auto FPS mods etc.). The real reality check for you is that despite the existence of an Xbox version, MSFS still has the best default planes and most authentic avionics suite out there. This argument you're pushing is dead as nails and far too reductive.

No Vatsim. No IVAO, no Pilotedge. no Fenix. or the Maddog x. No FS realistic no other oprions .that is why.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

No Vatsim. No IVAO, no Pilotedge. no Fenix. or the Maddog x. No FS realistic no other oprions .that is why.

They were asking you, why if X-Box version is the focus, then why is the base PC version without mods better then it.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

I just created a new account to test, the navdata only sub link is there

Interesting. But why bury it?

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Interesting. But why bury it?

So people's eyes are drawn to the more expensive one.

It's a marketing tactic.

There's a Star Wars MMO game a play occasionally that has an (optional) subscription, and the cancel subscription button is hidden even worse. It's a simple link like that, but you have to scroll way down some blank space before you see it.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 2

There's so very much money rolling in to MS right now. And as a rule, big changes are big risks. Small but trendy changes (Dune, Maverick) are low risk money printers. And so the vision of the future begins to clarify. Whee, save the whales mission! What fun!

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

24 minutes ago, Fielder said:

There's so very much money rolling in to MS right now. And as a rule, big changes are big risks. Small but trendy changes (Dune, Maverick) are low risk money printers. And so the vision of the future begins to clarify. Whee, save the whales mission! What fun!

You wouldn't call paying third party devs to make all of the default planes at payware level a big change?

11 minutes ago, Krakin said:

You wouldn't call paying third party devs to make all of the default planes at payware level a big change?

Right? Not to mention all the improvements/changes to the core sim MS/Asobo talked about from this timestamp onwards at last year's FSExpo below... sure sounds like anything but "small and trendy changes" or "save the whales mission". I mean the reductive bloviation around here by some is something to behold.. always seem to want to outdo each other in terms of how high up the nonsense scale they can reach 😂

• Like 2

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

18 minutes ago, Krakin said:

It would be a big change. "Would be" is the past futurate form of the verb. That's means sort of like stating the future based on a report from the past. e.g. MS has in the past stated things about improvements which will come to pass in the future. It is up to us to evaluate the promise.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

8 minutes ago, Fielder said:

It would be a big change. "Would be" is the past futurate form of the verb. That's means sort of like stating the future based on a report from the past. e.g. MS has in the past stated things about improvements which will come to pass in the future. It is up to us to evaluate the promise.

Well you said it yourself that "the vision of the future begins to clarify". Rules for thee but not for me?

59 minutes ago, Fielder said:

Whee, save the whales mission! What fun!

Aren't you making an assessment based on a promised feature here?

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

I mean the reductive bloviation around here by some is something to behold.. always seem to want to outdo each other in terms of how high up the nonsense scale they can reach

Hear! Hear! And a hearty Second!

-B

• Like 3

Microsoft's Game Conference is June 9th, so I think the 2024 Marketing push will start then.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

They were asking you, why if X-Box version is the focus, then why is the base PC version without mods better then it.

Because I just told you so. What is the issue here? How do you think you can not get the most realistic experience of flight simulation without Mods?

Edited by JBDB-MD80

8 hours ago, Krakin said:

Funny enough, due to 2024's focus on career paths, the sim might have to give us proper charts by default, especially if we have to believe Jorg's promise of authentic experiences. 

Good point. It would be Impossible to have a realistic airline career in the new FS2024 Without proper charts Or with outdated Nav Data. Also Impossible without a proper IFR airliner flight planner including weights and fuel.

Will wait for the 2024 Expo, fully expecting a presentation on the facts from the original post.